Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-06-2017, 10:59 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
That was a decent cover. Enjoyed that. Felt like we were back in 1985. Maybe I've drank too much 7% cider.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Gotta disagree with that. That's part and parcel of any great festival headline set.
He has wayyy overdone it tonight. And I disagree anyway, play the best songs the way they are - that's why they are your best songs and why they are popular.

Finishing with one of my top 5 all time songs though - that gets him some points back.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 24-06-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:01 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Greybot = hater
Everlong is my favourite foos song. Enjoying it. Took nearly 2 hours mind
Old 24-06-2017, 11:01 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Glastonbury 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
If I wanted american rock I'd have Queens of the stone age over this lot everytime.

Well yeah, me too. Glastonbury headliners they ain't, though.

Funny you mentioned them, though. Just dug out SFTD to listen to about 10 minutes before you said that!
Old 24-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
...she said.....
Old 24-06-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
If I wanted american rock I'd have Queens of the stone age over this lot everytime.
I am a huge QOTSA fan - but at festivals I have always found them a disappointment. Same with Them Crooked Vultures. Maybe it's because of their trippy, stoner sound - but it just doesn't work. The energy saps out.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:06 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So basically they weren't going to go on all night , sing 10 more songs and leave when they wanted to.

Finishing at same time as Radiohead did. Only difference is last night 5 of the best were saved for last. Foos had just a couple. (One sung by the drummer ).
Old 24-06-2017, 11:37 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just finished watching on catch-up - marvellous faye! One of the few bands these days that make me want to pick up a guitar, attempt some tunes badly probably -then finish by smashing said guitar through my land lady's tv!!!
Old 24-06-2017, 11:48 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
There is a reason why the foo's were sat and Radiohead were Friday.
Zzzzzzz
Weren't you just talking about 'one upmanship bullshit?'
Old 25-06-2017, 04:50 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Killers on John Peel stage now on iplayer - fantastic
Old 25-06-2017, 05:11 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Enjoyed Barry Gibb, good fun set for the oldies afternoon slot.

Considering going in 2018. Son should have finished his GCSEs just before, so would be great to do something totally different.

I like the sound of what some friends did, but would welcome the thoughts of anyone who's been recently. My friends took their teenagers and mates to Glastonbury, but then the parents stayed in a different part to their kids. That way, the teenagers had freedom and could see the acts they wanted, but could call the parents if they had a big problem. They could also meet up daily (e.g. for food or no doubt to replenish the kids' wallets!).

Sounds good to me, as it gives the teenagers some freedom, but also helps them with logistics such as travel.
Old 25-06-2017, 05:21 PM

Polak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Often I would agree with you but he has been pretty dull and cliched tonight. His continual 'we'll player longer, until someone has to stop us' etc. is grating a bit. We get it, you could keep going all night, never heard that before at a concert. He is spending more time chatting than playing and they keep destroying the pace of their set but putting interludes in to the middle of their songs. Like right now - chatting again!
I love Foo Fighters but I wish he'd sometimes just shut up and get on with it. Their set would have lasted 90 minutes instead of 140. Saw them at Wembley and he had faux tears at one point.
Old 25-06-2017, 05:25 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Chic on now - awesome stuff
Old 25-06-2017, 05:28 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Killers were unbelievable - best of weekend so far. Couteeners next for me on the Other Stage at 6.55.
Old 25-06-2017, 06:50 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Rag'n'bone man on the iPlayer, great singer.
Old 25-06-2017, 07:11 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The killers are a class act
Old 25-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for youHighbury Eagle is just too good for you
The National were great as always. About to catch up on The Killers.
Old 25-06-2017, 07:22 PM

Dunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury Eagle View Post
The National were great as always. About to catch up on The Killers.
Very agreed. Plus happy to see Nile Rodgers and co successfully laying the demon of Barry Gibb to rest!
Old 25-06-2017, 07:47 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Enjoyed Barry Gibb, good fun set for the oldies afternoon slot.

Considering going in 2018. Son should have finished his GCSEs just before, so would be great to do something totally different.

I like the sound of what some friends did, but would welcome the thoughts of anyone who's been recently. My friends took their teenagers and mates to Glastonbury, but then the parents stayed in a different part to their kids. That way, the teenagers had freedom and could see the acts they wanted, but could call the parents if they had a big problem. They could also meet up daily (e.g. for food or no doubt to replenish the kids' wallets!).

Sounds good to me, as it gives the teenagers some freedom, but also helps them with logistics such as travel.
I think it's having its year off next year
Old 25-06-2017, 07:59 PM

alf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minealf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
London Grammar live on iPlayer at the moment. Her voice reminds me a bit of Judie Tzuke