Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Shenmue
Old 28-06-2017, 07:24 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not exactly a conventional choice and rarely picked compared to other games in the genre, but Fallout 3. I love Washington DC and the post apocalyptic, grim, you vs the world atsmosphere of the game is perfect. The music is superb, shooting some bloke in the face with a shotgun whilst listening to the ink spots is a beautiful thing. There's so much to explore and do, I've poured 100s of hours into it, and there's still probably things I've missed. That's not even considering the replability, with the karma system you can have an evil character who travels the land ******* shit up, and a good character who's basically the second coming but with a plasma rifle. The weapons are so so fun, and there's so many memorable characters. Admittedly the story isn't great, there's quite a few plot holes and the game is fairly glitchy (although some of the glitches are very useful.) And re the whole atmosphere and mood of the game: some interpret it as drab and boring. But I love it.

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Yep... First post NES Zelda I have played and I have to say, the offering on the switch is the best game I have ever played. It is almost perfect (sometimes camera angle can be a smidge irritating, but that is such a tiny complaint as everything is nigh on perfect).
I've played all the Zelda's since the NES and this one is the best. Even better than Majora's Mask!
If you haven't got a Switch but have a WiiU then get it.
By the way...
1.BOTW
2.Majora's Mask.
3.LttP.
4.Wind Waker.
5.ZooT.
On the move

britabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebritabroad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Skyrim
Old 28-06-2017, 07:33 PM

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been a gaming nerd since forever and in all that time there's one company and one company only that consistently churns out classics - Nintendo.

They're the best!

Last edited by Coastal Palace; 28-06-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 28-06-2017, 07:38 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Shenmue
Good shout, incredible game.
Old 28-06-2017, 07:44 PM
pdemeagle @eaglism

eaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Good call.

The original Thief was amazing. Really broke new ground. Hours of tense sneaking around in the shadows.

Sequel was also good, recent reboot sadly average. Dishonoured borrowed a lot from it but being super powered rather diminished the tension.
Great shout, loved that myself

Proud of the lads that saved us in 2010/11 and of the Lads who brought us up 2012/13 and then kept us in the PL in 2013/14, at last !

Honestly never thought I'd see a CPFC win at Old Trafford in my Lifetime, I will always remember Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace on 30/11/11, not to mention Dazzas Goal :D
Old 28-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What the hell is BOTW?

Best game is Dark Souls.
Old 28-06-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row View Post
What the hell is BOTW?

Best game is Dark Souls.
Breath Of The Wind.
The best game you'll ever play.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:10 PM

jobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjobiinthelastmi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Breath Of The Wind.
After Ocarina of time and a link to the past then yes I agree. It was just too easy. Final battle was a bit of a joke...

Shenmue has not aged well. Tried playing this a while back and controls were too awkward to continue with it. At the time it was a masterpiece and groundbreaking though.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:30 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What the **** is BOTW?
Old 28-06-2017, 09:31 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Monkey Island
Old 28-06-2017, 09:34 PM
it's a city you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Breath Of The Wind.
So good you've got the name wrong......
Old 28-06-2017, 09:39 PM
it's a city you know...

Just my opinion, but I've always found grown adults playing Nintendo games as a bit odd. They always seem very childish. I don't have time these days anymore as in late 30s now, but always see new Nintendo games and think they look the kids would love them, like I did when I was a kid. As a huge C64, Amiga, SNES, etc gamer in my youth I've always seen the PS4 and Xbox1 as what I would play if I had any time spare in my life
Old 28-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Monkey Island
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:43 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Just my opinion, but I've always found grown adults playing Nintendo games as a bit odd. They always seem very childish. I don't have time these days anymore as in late 30s now, but always see new Nintendo games and think they look the kids would love them, like I did when I was a kid. As a huge C64, Amiga, SNES, etc gamer in my youth I've always seen the PS4 and Xbox1 as what I would play if I had any time spare in my life
I'm a similar age. I've not owned a Nintendo device since the N64, but younger family members leant me game cube to play wind walker and Wii to play the Zelda on that (not skyward sword, the one before).

The make the best games is the bottom line, no matter how cutesy.
Old 28-06-2017, 09:49 PM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
PES 1-3
Old 28-06-2017, 09:49 PM
it's a city you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
I remember writing down all the put downs time after time so that I could beat the pirates. I must know them all off be heart. Hours and hours of my life spent on that series of games, and pretty much all lucasfilm point and click games
Old 28-06-2017, 10:07 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Used to be GTA until I played Skyrim.
Old 28-06-2017, 10:09 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Wings on the Amiga was great. Very moving diary sections from WW1