Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
BBS better in the past?

Dorking.Eagle suggested this was worthy of a thread on it's own.

I posted this on one of the bumped threads from 15 years ago.

I guess it's threads like these that remind a lot of people how poor the BBS is today compared with years ago. Been reading the boards since 1999. Is it simply coincidence that A LOT of people just gave up posting or is it true that 'certain' obsessive BBS posters have spoilt the fun??
Old 12-07-2017, 07:40 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I joined about 13 years ago and it was a lot more of a placid place than it is now. I find (not that engage in arguments as such) that people just want to fight now than discuss a subject. That said, I use it more now than 10 years ago or so. Partly because of phones and apps that make it more accessible. It's still great though. You just need to swerve the berks.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:46 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
I agree it's great, just seeing those old threads brought back some names I hadn't seen posting in years...
Old 12-07-2017, 07:46 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
When does the period referred to as past end in terms of a date?
Old 12-07-2017, 07:49 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always watched from a distance, but many "older" posters seem to have given up. Too much from the same people now and they just seem to group together whenever anyone threatens their little empire.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Was it better? Bloody right it was.

When did it get worse? Gradually.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
About the time I turned up.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Everything was better in the past.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:57 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Was it better? Bloody right it was.

^this. Feels like there used to be lot more 'in' jokes and running gags. Used to love the CPFC2010 post s(even when I didn't always agree with what was posted all the time) , which became it's own section but a minority had to spoil that for the rest.

Used to be loads of photos shared in the gallery, but I gave up trying to upload to that a few years ago as I just couldn't work it out.

The political stuff in General Chit Chat is way too heavy, sometimes feels like there is a pack mentality on the Southern Railway and Brexit threads, not worth posting in there as some posters take the discussions way too seriously.

For the sake of balance, I do love coming on here after a win, particularly a home win, it is a joyous place to be.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 12-07-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
The arguing about stuff was always the same, but the willingness of people to attack each other with personal shit - about jobs or family etc - feels like it has deteriorated. Consequently people are willing to share less, which is a shame. It doesn't feel as friendly as it was.

But that's social media as a whole I suppose. Twitter used to be positively friendly. Now it's a cesspit.

We've lost a lot of good posters who simply couldn't be arsed and that's also a shame.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:04 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
BBS better in the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
^this. Feels like there used to be lot more 'in' jokes and running gags. Used to love the CPFC2010 post s(even when I didn't always agree with what was posted all the time) , which became it's own section but a minority had to spoil that for the rest.

Used to be loads of photos shared in the gallery, but I gave up trying to upload to that a few years ago as I just couldn't work it out.

The political stuff in General Chit Chat is way too heavy, sometimes feels like there is a pack mentality on the Southern Railway and Brexit threads, not worth posting in there as some posters take the discussions way too seriously.

For the sake of balance, I do love coming on here after a win, particularly a home win, it is a joyous place to be.

Indeed. Nothing better than coming on here after a win and discussing and celebrating all together. On the flip side, if we lose it's like the end of the world and a horrid place. People just want to hang the player/s or the manager to make them feel better. Sometimes we lose because the other team are just better, but people don't see that. They want answers, and instantly!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:05 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
When does the period referred to as past end in terms of a date?
You want someone to say March 2010, don't you?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:06 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Yeah it was great having Palace threads taken over by posters talking about some other inane shite

Funnier, yes but not everything was better
Old 12-07-2017, 08:07 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Missing a new 'classic' thread. Paint, Blue Tac Otter, Photoshop special.

It was simple really - in the past people didn't call each other cnuts all the time. Is that the stress of the Premier League. People were civil to each other through two administrations.

Nowadays people can't discuss a goalkeeper without spitting teeth.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 12-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Missing a new 'classic' thread. Paint, Blue Tac Otter, Photoshop special.

It was simple really - in the past people didn't call each other cnuts all the time. Is that the stress of the Premier League. People were civil to each other through two administrations.

Nowadays people can't discuss a goalkeeper without spitting teeth.
The curmudgeons even killed the yearly awards threads with their grumbling. No one wanted to put their head above the parapet any more.

Though at least 40% of that thread was getting things of their chest and bitching
Old 12-07-2017, 08:12 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
It's probably no worse than it ever was. It's just people (mainly blokes) chatting shite.

Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's not. I've posted for 12 years and it's no different.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:16 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
You want someone to say March 2010, don't you?
Not far off, but a little ahead say Jun 2010. Then I can contribute.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
The past threads about the bbs being better in the past were better in the past.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Everything was better in the past.
Ah, but nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ