Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 PM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
Full season loan so they cant
Hmmm are you sure about that mate? As far as most of us are aware, Palace are merely borrowing the current England MoM from chelsea.

Fortunately for Palace, chelsea have a large squad so this recall scenario is unlikely.

However for those of old enough to remember, it was commonplace that clubs had to recall loanees due to 'unforeseen emergencies' such as key players without adequate cover incurring long term injuries etc etc...

Saying that, what Palace do these days when there is no forward cover is just shove Scott Dann up front, when the chelsea management could simply recall Loic Remy ha.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:04 PM

Jordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Spot on And as a result he always looks better on TV than he does live.
I could see tonight he wasnt making an effort either and i didnt even watch second half
Old 10-11-2017, 11:16 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
I could see tonight he wasnt making an effort either and i didnt even watch second half
He played much better in the second half.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Spot on And as a result he always looks better on TV than he does live.
I was there tonight and watched him more closely than any of the other players. I thought he was excellent. Definitely our best player. He had a 96% pass completion rate apparently and so many of those passes were attacking ones. The defensive side of his game is obviously weaker, but he did a decent job and worked pretty hard defensively.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Decent article on him here.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-11-2017, 11:40 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
In a central role he's excellent. Benteke can't come back quick enough so he can move there
Old 10-11-2017, 11:48 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight View Post
Full season loan so they cant
According to the loan rules I just read, a loan player can be recalled to the parent club during the January window if the clubs agreed to a recall clause as a condition of the loan.

So as long as we didn’t agree to a recall clause, then we keep him all season.

Ofcourse, we can all think of an example when a Chelsea loanee spat his dummy and just left anyway (Mr Bamford).

I suppose ultimately the player could make life difficult for us and return to Chelsea if they make it clear (behind the scenes) that they want him. Without the recall clause, we could refuse to release him back...but then you end up paying the salary of a player is doesn’t want to play for you. Most chairmen in that situation would probably cave in rather than waste more money.

RLC doesn’t strike me as the sort to behave like this. But he will be mindful now that the World Cup is approaching and he has a chance of being selected. However, you could argue he has more chance of impressing Southgate in our first 11 than the Chelsea reserves.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:24 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Even more reason for us to start improving. If RLC wants to go to the World Cup then he needs to be playing for a team that can show him off best.

If we're bottom in January then who could begrudge him going back to Chelsea and guaranteeing himself a place at the WC2018.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceporky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Needs that kick up the arse talk from someone as he is a lazy player.
Anyone can look good in a kick about friendly and he did. Just wish he would put that bit more effort in off the ball as it would make him the stand out player that he could well be.
Hope being given man of match doesn't go to his head too much.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:34 AM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Chelsea managed to call back Nathan Ake in January last season, so they must have had a recall clause on him. He was playing well for Bournemouth at the time and Chelsea may have had a few injury problems too. He only ended up playing a few FA Cup games when he went back.

Hope we didn’t agree to clause. I know people have issues with RLC (if he was perfect he wouldn’t be on loan to us) but I’ve said already on this forum he merits a place in the England squad more than a few midfield so-called ‘names’. He needs to stay fit and play with us every week if he is to make it to the World Cup as a possible wildcard...back-up for Dele Alli (I know they are different No10s before someone says something but he can make impact from there as a sub).
Old 11-11-2017, 12:41 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Maybe we could give them RLC back and loan Batshuayi instead? That would be a better outcome for us given our striker shortage.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Sums him up tonight (I’m a fan btw)

In posession he shows his quality

Out of posession he trots. He doesn’t really run. He doesn’t track players runs, he presses players from stand off range and rarely makes a challenge. He doesn’t try to block a pass etc

Even when we are breaking with speed he trots behind

He has really quality on the ball thoug. His control is excellent, he’s calm and can pick a pass but he’s missing the action side of his game, maybe the fight

Not a slagging, I rate him but he does lack off the ball
^ This, Deffo. ^
Old 11-11-2017, 01:36 AM

Hudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The guy's clearly got something special. I think that's what's frustrating about this season so far. A team with Wilf, Townsend, RLC, Benteke (obviously he's been injured), Cabaye, Sakho, Luka etc. shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the league. I don't know if it's a lack of effort, bad luck or what but my god is it frustrating!
Old 11-11-2017, 01:45 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
He's just Bobby Bowry on steroids.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:29 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
He's just Bobby Bowry on steroids.
The one player we've had in midfield since the day we came up who can burst through from the middle and also spot a pass direct to the striker? That the guy you're talking about?

Jesus wept.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:44 AM
Pope Gregory the 9th

RedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
The one player we've had in midfield since the day we came up who can burst through from the middle and also spot a pass direct to the striker? That the guy you're talking about?

Jesus wept.
Think your describing Ricky Newman there, not Bobby Bowry

However in seriousness get RLC behind benteke in a 4-4-1-1 and we could see the best of him, not a rm and never will be, get him in the hole and with a fully fit squad there is hope!
Old 11-11-2017, 05:14 AM
Party on

Chris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Finch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He had a stand out first 3 games for us, then got injured and faded a little last few matches. This should be a reminder as to why he came to us in the first place and hopefully we'll get more from him.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:37 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
People saying he is lazy — anyone got any ground covered stats on him?
Old 11-11-2017, 06:04 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
People saying he is lazy — anyone got any ground covered stats on him?

No but we have eyes.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 11-11-2017, 06:14 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
No but we have eyes.
Some players look more lazy and others industrious. It would be interesting to see how much more work Macca does. He always looks like he´s giving more than the others.