Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He put in a good performance against Liverpool. His passing was very good, particularly under pressure. He has a very good awarence of the players around him. I thought he linked up well with Townsend and when Wilf is back we could see some great attacking play.

Still, its only two games. Let's not proclaim him the future of the England team and our own player of the year just yet.
Old 22-08-2017, 09:07 AM

Stats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStats74 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Er, not proclaiming him as the 'future of the England team'. Just think he's done more in a handful of Chelsea and Palace games than Oxlade-Chamberlain has in a lot of games to think he has more to him. AOC has not developed and he's had more opportunities, that's all I'm saying and why he may get looked at in the not too distant future.
Old 22-08-2017, 09:32 AM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reminds me of Andy Gray.
Old 22-08-2017, 09:36 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His performance on Saturday said a lot about his ability, pace, control, tackling and most impressively power in holding off players when in possession, and all after just a handful of games for Palace also he has not exactly had a lot of games previously.
The boy is going to have a good career ahead if he does not lose his head as so many youngsters do and let it all slip away i.e Wiltshire, Barkley even Morrisson(remember him) amongst many others.
But certainly based on what i saw on Saturday he looks a star in the making even without being on the winning side, just a pity he is only on loan and another club will reap the long term benefits.
Old 22-08-2017, 09:40 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Cheeky 40m bid on deadline day?!

I think this guy will play for England in the world cup. He is top class. Our 3-5-2 should suit him. Interesting hearing Ruud Gullit say that he should play in the middle of the 3. I don't think it matters, just have players who can free him up to go forward.
Old 22-08-2017, 09:40 AM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
I don't expect to get much support on this but I don't think rlc actually played well today - first time I have seen him live but he looks like the sort of player to be out of games for long periods
I am not that impressed if he does something a bit flashy one or twice per half his position is a critical one
No you won't get much support on this, mainly because you are completely wrong. Entitled to your opinion of course.
Old 22-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Needs to play through middle
Old 24-08-2017, 10:04 AM

thomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been fouled more times (10) than any other player in the Premier League this season.
Old 24-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
No you won't get much support on this, mainly because you are completely wrong. Entitled to your opinion of course.
I made that comment based only on my thoughts at the match and still think in the first half against huddersfield he wasn't that great and was out of the game for large periods but probably this was because he was out of position and was playing in a poorly functioning team and especially midfield

I could see though he had a much much better second half in that game when I watched the re-run back later

he clearly has the technique and power and pace for the premier league and so it's a question of how to use him, i don't see him as a ball winner although he can tackle, I think he needs to have milivojevic and cabaye just behind him so that he can be free to surge forward to support benteke and connect with zaha and townsend on the wings
with only RLC and puncheon on the midfield we will lose the centre of the pitch every time, I dont think Puncheon should be starting but RLC obviously should
Old 24-08-2017, 10:15 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Funny to have loan player who tries the hardest. Harks back to good old Ashley Cole (he never amounted to anything did he?). Early days, and he needs to learn when to stop trying to beat players and lay the ball ofrf, but a huge amount of talent. All the best for him. I've always rated him, on those few times Chelsea actually picked him.
Old 24-08-2017, 10:23 AM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
I made that comment based only on my thoughts at the match and still think in the first half against huddersfield he wasn't that great and was out of the game for large periods but probably this was because he was out of position and was playing in a poorly functioning team and especially midfield

I could see though he had a much much better second half in that game when I watched the re-run back later

he clearly has the technique and power and pace for the premier league and so it's a question of how to use him, i don't see him as a ball winner although he can tackle, I think he needs to have milivojevic and cabaye just behind him so that he can be free to surge forward to support benteke and connect with zaha and townsend on the wings
with only RLC and puncheon on the midfield we will lose the centre of the pitch every time, I dont think Puncheon should be starting but RLC obviously should
I pretty much agree this time. Particularly interested to see if Luka and RLC can strike up a bit of an understanding in that midfield. They seem to have quite complimentary skill sets - overlapping but distinct.
Old 24-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
I pretty much agree this time. Particularly interested to see if Luka and RLC can strike up a bit of an understanding in that midfield. They seem to have quite complimentary skill sets - overlapping but distinct.
I think if he could stay fit, Cabaye is the best fit.

Luka is definitely not at his best so far (albeit massively better in his second game) and even at his best, his passing is not good enough to allow us to move it quickly/safely across the middle of the park.

Despite the criticism he gets all of the time now, Punch is probably next. Cabaye and Punch are still the only ones we have that can read the game and change the play from the middle when needed.
Old 25-08-2017, 10:30 AM

St.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Injured.....this is just ridiculous
Old 25-08-2017, 10:31 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Embarrassing all round. Paper thin squad massively exposed. Complacent beyond belief.
Old 25-08-2017, 10:33 AM

St.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.AlbansEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Imagine Mutch will slot in....
Old 25-08-2017, 10:35 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
God help us.
Old 25-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Jacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJacko1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
**** sake.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 25-08-2017, 10:45 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Seriously?
Old 25-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When it rains...
Old 25-08-2017, 10:48 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haha. This season could barely have started any worse