Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 31-07-2017, 09:45 AM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Old slide photos from back in 81 & 84

Dusted off some old slides to find I had taken this shot down at the Palace early 80's, my guess is 84/85 season. No info as to who it's against although it looks early season to me and is that Mabbutt taking a shot? Maybe it's Tommy Langley? not sure at all. Got some more from our 3-1 defeat to Forest at the end of the 81 season.

Anyway just thought it might interest somebody.. maybe not, if there is interest then i'll post up the pictures from the Forest game.

Last edited by Rasheed Harkouk; 04-08-2017 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 31-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love old pictures like this, always interested in seeing more!
Old 31-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Whoever it was, it seems strange that he's attempting a shot from such a poor angle whilst under pressure, instead of passing to one of the numerous midfielders no doubt out of shot, streaming forward in support with intelligent runs as part of our breathtaking total football policy at the time
Old 31-07-2017, 10:57 AM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Or it could be from the 84-85 season and that could be Trevor Aylott taking a shot
Old 31-07-2017, 02:29 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Great picture...looks like the Hummel kit to me so must be 84/85 season at the earliest?
Old 31-07-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Great picture...looks like the Hummel kit to me so must be 84/85 season at the earliest?
Will try and get a better scan of it and see if i can't pick out a bit more detail later in the week
Old 31-07-2017, 02:32 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed Harkouk View Post
Or it could be from the 84-85 season and that could be Trevor Aylott taking a shot
Can't have been a goal then!
Old 31-07-2017, 03:39 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dusted off some old slides to find I had taken this shot down at the Palace early 80's, my guess is 82/83 season. No info as to who it's against although it looks early season to me and is that Mabbutt taking a shot? Maybe it's Tommy Langley? not sure at all. Got some more from our 3-1 defeat to Forest at the end of the 81 season.

Anyway just thought it might interest somebody.. maybe not, if there is interest then i'll post up the pictures from the Forest game.

Ian Walsh against Liverpool.? Is that Hansen in the picture?
Old 31-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Nope, not Liverpool, think it's Aylot in the 84-85 season going by the kit and the hair and build. Pretty sure the picture was taken late summer 84
Old 31-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
It does look a bit like Ian Walsh, but hadn't he left by the time the terrace looked like that?
Old 31-07-2017, 04:36 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
I'm going out on a limb here. Could it be the league cup game in August 84/85 against Northampton Town? Kit looks right, attendance small.... in which case that is indeed Trevor Aylott.
Old 31-07-2017, 04:40 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I'm going out on a limb here. Could it be the league cup game in August 84/85 against Northampton Town? Kit looks right, attendance small.... in which case that is indeed Trevor Aylott.
There wouldn't have been that many in the crowd for Northampton!
Old 31-07-2017, 04:43 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dusted off some old slides to find I had taken this shot down at the Palace early 80's, my guess is 82/83 season. No info as to who it's against although it looks early season to me and is that Mabbutt taking a shot? Maybe it's Tommy Langley? not sure at all. Got some more from our 3-1 defeat to Forest at the end of the 81 season.

Many thanks, think Mabbutt wore number 10 didn't he?
Old 31-07-2017, 04:51 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
There wouldn't have been that many in the crowd for Northampton!
Did they open the other 3 sides though??
Old 31-07-2017, 04:55 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
Northampton Town was the Milk Cup, and so would've been a mid week evening match..?
Old 31-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
Northampton Town was the Milk Cup, and so would've been a mid week evening match..?

All of 3,752 in attendance.

Only just over 12,000 for the Forest match in which Walsh wore the number 9 shirt. (I was one of them but have no recollection of the abject 1-3 defeat.)
Old 31-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
Not backing down just yet. That match was played on August Bank Holiday in 1984 so it's still possible. The crowd is sparse but whether it's small enough to be under 4k total is another matter.

I have cheated and googled Northampton's kit for that year (was that allowed?) and it does look very similar.
Old 31-07-2017, 05:59 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fairly sure Northampton was Bank Holiday. The crowd is patchy at best in the pic, and in the section near the goal. Was there that day, and also at The County Ground for the second leg when we scraped through on aggregate.
Old 31-07-2017, 06:27 PM

citizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecitizen sane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom's Old Man View Post
Fairly sure Northampton was Bank Holiday. The crowd is patchy at best in the pic, and in the section near the goal. Was there that day, and also at The County Ground for the second leg when we scraped through on aggregate.

It was, I was at both games, the second leg was an evening game with probably less than 100 Palace there.

Both games were really grim though, was it 1-0 and 0-0?
Old 31-07-2017, 06:38 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I'm 90 per cent convinced its Aylott, as a result of which I have broken out in hives. It doesn't look like an evening game to me, the light is too bright for some time after 7.45pm in late August.

I'm wondering if it might in fact be from early in the 1985/86 season, when Aylott was still on the books, but from a quick scan of the early fixtures that season there is no obvious candidate as the opponents except possibly Sunderland? Also, my memory may be failing me but I don't recall Aylott starting in the early games of that season?