Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-07-2017, 10:17 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Here we are in August with no new keeper signed

Very poor by the club in my view. It's clear we need a new number one, and have done since January frankly. Goalkeeper especially is a position that needs time to bed in, get used to his defence, and vice versa, as well as settled into the squad in general. Even if we sign one before the start of the season (which i'm starting to doubt frankly), we'll have missed that valuable settling in time.

Sorry to sound negative, but i really think this is pretty shabby by the club.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
The manager change has no doubt put our business back a bit but I wouldn't worry too much - we have a month of the window to go and I don't think Hennessey is quite as bad as some people think.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:24 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hate to break it to you, but we're still in July.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:28 AM

Yogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYogya : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Very poor by the club in my view. It's clear we need a new number one, and have done since January frankly. Goalkeeper especially is a position that needs time to bed in, get used to his defence, and vice versa, as well as settled into the squad in general. Even if we sign one before the start of the season (which i'm starting to doubt frankly), we'll have missed that valuable settling in time.

Sorry to sound negative, but i really think this is pretty shabby by the club.
I can remember the day we signed Nigel Martyn. Maybe my memory is playing tricks (again) but I recall that he made an instant impact.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:29 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Hate to break it to you, but we're still in July.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:32 AM

BringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Loved the use of the word 'shabby' there as well, underused in my opinion. But I agree with the sentiment of the post, let's sign a first choice goalkeeper as soon as possible please Steve and co.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:38 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We like a late signing so give it time, I'm surprised we've signed anyone.

I can cope with WH we really need a back up striker as it's such an unnecessary risk going in with one and one coming back from a long injury.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is why the BBS is a nightmare these days. Such a sense of entitlement. Most deals get done at the end of the window and you pay over the odds beforehand. Usually that means you miss out or don't have the players as early as you would like. That is usually better than overpaying or buying a sub optimal player. Our owners know what they are doing.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 31-07-2017, 10:43 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
This is why the BBS is a nightmare these days. Such a sense of entitlement. Most deals get done at the end of the window and you pay over the odds beforehand. Usually that means you miss out or don't have the players as early as you would like. That is usually better than overpaying or buying a sub optimal player. Our owners know what they are doing.
It used to be the best place to get Palace news but you have to sift through a lot of anger, pessimism and childish bickering to find anything interesting these days .

We should have just outbid Everton for Pickford. 50m up front!
Old 31-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Maybe they have looked at the prices being quoted and baulked with only a finite budget available to strengthen 4 or 5 positions. Hennessey or Speroni are far from perfect but are good enough to play three matches in August. The people starting these whingey threads should really consider how they would play it if it was their money. We have added Loftus Cheek and Riedewald and will add a keeper, striker and RWB before the end of August. We have more than 11 players capable of getting results in August now. Just not much backup and a couple of square pegs to shift.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:55 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would be really disappointing to see Hennessey start our first three games and something we could come to later regret as the season goes on
Old 31-07-2017, 10:59 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
The manager change has no doubt put our business back a bit but I wouldn't worry too much - we have a month of the window to go and I don't think Hennessey is quite as bad as some people think.
Agree , priority are more signings in other positions
Old 31-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is extremely concerning, but I'd argue only having 1 fit striker is even more so....
What a great signing for Palace, one of their best ever (if not the best). World-class player. Just shows once again how timing is everything and how financial fate can hinge on a key moment or two...one shit home play-off performance, Zaha wakes up after five months sleep-walking, Speroni finger-tip save onto the bar. That night changed the respective fortunes of the two clubs for a good few years, but we all suspected that even at the time.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:00 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Unless you can afford to blow everyone out of the water, so many deals revolve on chains of other deals taking place. Someone like Cillessen or Zoet may become available, but only much later in the window.

It's better to wait to get the ideal target, rather than rush to appease impatient fans.

Also, I realise WH isn't great, but he's also nowhere near as bad as many seem to suggest on here - it's like we could never possibly win a point with him in goal.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:09 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Hennessey isn't up to it IMHO, never has been. We only stopped conceding needless goals when we had Sahko at CB, and after Sam's no nonsense defensive minded strategy had bedded in. Now we have neither of those, and no new keeper. For me priority positions have been GK and RB since May. I like the sound of De Boer, but am wary of changing too much too soon in terms of shape, and style, all the while not addressing the glaring weakness of the previous two seasons (GK and RB imho).
Old 31-07-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Trolley View Post
This is extremely concerning, but I'd argue only having 1 fit striker is even more so....
Wickham's been back in training since pre season, no?
Old 31-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Is Fatty Foulke still available? Or failing that, my grandmother could replace him. An urn in the middle of the goal could probably cover more ground.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
No.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
He is doing some kind of training but certainly not full training and without any game time I think it's safe to say he is still a while off being able to play in the PL. Probably still doing rehab work.
Old 31-07-2017, 11:25 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The prices being branded about are making this a very strange transfer window. And the quietness of it from our end, rumours and general news means that people were always Gona start threads like these. In all honesty though we have a new manager who wants to build something and I think the best way to do that is work with what you have for a while. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. I think it shows good character and shows that he believes in his coaching. I still think we will see a loan and couple more signings before the window shuts, although the earlier the better usually so they have time together etc. But we have a new manager again and that makes it very different situation