Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
One concern is that Hennessey having just signed a new contract, you'd expect during the discussions would want to know his place in the squad. I'm aware this wasn't on De Boer's watch, but you'd have to assume he was told 'you're our number one keeper'.

I don't want to unduly slag the guy, as he seems to get enough of that on here, but i just feel his game is full of errors and weaknesses, and not the kind that can be amended much with a new manager. The idea that De Boer will 'bring him on' is wishful thinking. A manager is not going to improve a keeper's technique much by himself. That's the role of the GK coach, and the relationship he has with the defence, as well as his application in training. Without making this thread about WH, his agility, reactions, positioning, coming for crosses and communication are all poor at this level IMHO. De Boer hasn't got a magic wand to amend a player with so many weaknesses, at goalkeeper especially.

If we go into September with WH as number one we will only have ourselves to blame for the points he will cost us as the season progresses. It's like yer man Einstein said, madness is doing the same thing over and oveover and overr and expecting different results.
I see you're another consistent Hennessey knocker, saying the same thing over and over again. FYI, Frank DeBoer doesn't train the goalkeepers, Martyn Margetson does, and there arent many who are better than him, which showed in the second half of last season.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:08 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanee Pawnee View Post
And that graph in the terrorgraph a few days ago backs that theory up too.
Stats don't lie!
Well he was 10th best in the EPL stats and 14th in these!
So depends where you get your Stats from I guess!
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
It's been clear for way over a year now. It should've been our #1 priority going into the summer.
How do you know it wasn't?

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 31-07-2017, 03:13 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
picky, picky, picky
August shmaugust.
We need a whole new team and we want it now!!! (3 !'s, sign of a diseased mind)
Old 31-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
I see you're another consistent Hennessey knocker, saying the same thing over and over again. FYI, Frank DeBoer doesn't train the goalkeepers, Martyn Margetson does, and there arent many who are better than him, which showed in the second half of last season.
Hennessey is a championship level keeper tbh. I don't hate the bloke, I just don't think he's good enough. I know for a fact Pardew wanted to replace him.. we ended up with Mandanda which didn't work out.. I know bfs was looking to replace him if we didn't land sakho.. and if you believe the rumours then it seem FdB is also looking at keepers. So that's 3 managers who clearly don't feel
Comfortable with him.

Him and speroni are the worst pair of keepers in the league.. in fact when Mandanda a was here I was told by a member of coaching staff that we had, and i quote, 'the worst goalkeeping trio in the league'.

Bottom line is we need a new keeper. That's not bashing Hennessey, it's reality.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I just can't believe we'll start another season with hennessey in goal, this should be our number 1 priority.

Quick point on wickhams return, have you ever known a player come back and be back to his old form within 18 months of an ACL? It's usually a year out and then 6 months or more to get back up to speed.
Oh right.... And there was me thinking 18 months was the same as a year and six months. Kinellll... You learn so much on here.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
I can remember the day we signed Nigel Martyn. Maybe my memory is playing tricks (again) but I recall that he made an instant impact.
Let 3 in at home to Spurs
Old 31-07-2017, 03:20 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Well he was 10th best in the EPL stats and 14th in these!
So depends where you get your Stats from I guess!
To view the link you have to Register or Login
That just puts him 14th for clean sheets?
Old 31-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I just can't believe we'll start another season with hennessey in goal, this should be our number 1 priority.

Quick point on wickhams return, have you ever known a player come back and be back to his old form within 18 months of an ACL? It's usually a year out and then 6 months or more to get back up to speed.
And during that 6 months get injured again.
Old 31-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Apprentice Critic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
If the right keeper is available at a reasonable price I am sure we will add one to the squad. If there is not a keeper available that the manager wants in his squad no sense buying one just for the sake of it, that is just stupid. Better to wait until the right one is available.
BTW, It's the one and only position where you can make an emergency signing during the closed window.
Old 31-07-2017, 04:32 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
That just puts him 14th for clean sheets?
I'll bet the vast majority of those came after Sahko and Sam had got hold of the defence. Now we have neither of those two, and are supposedly going to play a more patient game playing the ball out of defence. A concerning prospect with a weak goalkeeper with poor distrubution beyond long range kicking.
Old 31-07-2017, 04:46 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Is it not just a case of that because of who our goalkeeping coach is it is highly unlikely that he is going to suggest Hennessey needs replacing.

We can all see the problem with him. Hennessey's whole demeanor creates havoc amongst our defence and it's this indecisiveness that has cost us many goals. West Ham away was a prime example.

If we don't address the issue then we only have ourselves to blame. However, I think that De Boer will see for himself after a few games just how poor Hennessey is.
Old 31-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Surely he has been told about the bloke.In my opinion it's nothing less than negligent to let him start the season.......
Old 31-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Exactly. I'd say it's more vital to get bedded in that all others on the pitch. Having to know when your keeper will come off his line, how he likes the team to mark, getting used to his distribution, how he marshals the back line etc. I'd say it's the worst to 'parachute in', although literally doing that for signings on their debut day could be fun.
Yup. It's no coincidence we looked shakier at the back after Speroni was dropped. He'd built such a good understanding with the back line.

The goalkeeper (especially if they're commanding and vocal) can be an integral part of an organised defence. They're not just there to stop shots.
Old 31-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
How do you know it wasn't?
Considering it's August tomorrow and we only have two senior goalkeepers (one who's pushing 40) I think it's fair to assume it wasn't our #1 priority.
Old 31-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Players are still coming back from pre season, everyone needs to calm down.
We never do business early.
However, we do need a new number 1
Old 31-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'll bet the vast majority of those came after Sahko and Sam had got hold of the defence. Now we have neither of those two, and are supposedly going to play a more patient game playing the ball out of defence. A concerning prospect with a weak goalkeeper with poor distrubution beyond long range kicking.
Who should we get then? We are struggling to get a world class goalkeeper cheaply.
Old 31-07-2017, 05:14 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Nothing to substantiate this claim, but feel had Sam stayed Begovic would've been on his hit list.
He wasn't...
Old 31-07-2017, 05:15 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Begovic had agreed Bournemouth deal in January.

What I do know is if bfs signed sakho this summer we wouldn't of bought a keeper aswel
We still had a chance for Begovic this summer but SA wasn't interested.

You are correct though
Old 31-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
The same thing has to be said over and over again, because he continues to be the same average goalkeeper. Bar a good 2 or 3 game period he did nothing to suggest he should be an established Premier League teams number 1 goalkeeper.