Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-08-2017, 05:27 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
the preview pods are consistently brilliant imo, the panel's take on the Dougie news was good to hear, not backing their stance with emotion too much and with an understanding of the role
Old 24-08-2017, 03:27 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
I appreciate the effort you guys put into the pod, but please leave that 'DR' kid off in future. He speaks like a simpleton
I appreciate DR's contribution
Old 24-08-2017, 03:33 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
the preview pods are consistently brilliant imo, the panel's take on the Dougie news was good to hear, not backing their stance with emotion too much and with an understanding of the role
Sounded like they wanted a fight with the FYP gang over Dougie.
Old 24-08-2017, 10:47 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_181 View Post
Sounded like they wanted a fight with the FYP gang over Dougie.
At least they know what a sporting director is
Old 24-08-2017, 10:52 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
FYP is amateur with Adolf Day and his band of hippies, prefer Holmesdale Radio.
Old 24-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I listen to both now. If I had to choose today (and I don't) I would pick FYP as my fave. The Hol one is like a bunch if fans chatting down the pub without trying to be slick at all. FYP is better this year so far than last I think and tries to be a bit more structured. TBH a lot of the time there isn't much talk about the actual football and it's more emotional views and laughs etc but that's fine. It would be silly if they tried to copy sunday supplement.

Both good. One comment re the silly game at the end of the last hol pod. I have little idea what the clues were but still found it strangely amusing. Not sure it would work very often but made me laugh.
Old 25-08-2017, 12:43 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
At least they know what a sporting director is
True....i liked Hols assessment over FYP's.
Old 25-08-2017, 09:09 AM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All too sycophantic to me, a number of argument points that were not factually true, spine of his team still playing in the premiership (nope), attributing Nathanial Clyne England success being down to him (nope).
Old 25-08-2017, 09:35 AM

Socrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSocrates : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
The Hol one is like a bunch if fans chatting down the pub without trying to be slick at all.
I thought that this was exactly the style that FYP were aiming for. I actually have stopped listening to it as too many times last season, some presenters were clearly the worse for drink or talking through mouthfuls of pizza so perhaps they took it a little too far.
Old 25-08-2017, 11:06 AM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Terence was spot on in about the vitriol thrown at Dougie in the FYP podcast. It was unconsidered, vague and way over the top (we all get it - Kev doesn't like him and can't forgive him for the way he left). I've found Terence to be the most informed and considered of all the presenters out of both podcasts and obviously has an encyclopedic knowledge of Palace and a good understanding of the game. He's also a good presenter.

I like Kev Day by the way but he's better when he's just trying to be funny. The FYP podcast is generally entertaining and all those involved should be applauded for taking their time each week to do this. I do think sometime though it's a bit too middle class (sometimes by it's own admission). As a suggestion, can they take Gel on a season long loan to even thing up a bit? Now that would be funny.

Anyway, thanks for those on both the Holmesdale Radio and FYP podcasts for entertaining me on my way to work in the morning. I really miss both in the summer months.
Old 25-08-2017, 02:09 PM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought the Swansea preview pod was well below par.

The criticism of the FYP's view on Freedman was unbalanced and unsubstantiated.

Some ridiculous praise of Jairo (given he's played one game and looked poor) went totally unchallenged.

And the brief review of the Ipswich game missed the point entirely that we actually put out a strong side and struggled to win against their U20s.
Old 25-08-2017, 02:10 PM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
All too sycophantic to me, a number of argument points that were not factually true, spine of his team still playing in the premiership (nope), attributing Nathanial Clyne England success being down to him (nope).

Yep
Old 25-08-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
FYP is amateur with Adolf Day and his band of hippies, prefer Holmesdale Radio.

Wrong board
Old 25-08-2017, 02:15 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
Thought the Swansea preview pod was well below par.

The criticism of the FYP's view on Freedman was unbalanced and unsubstantiated.

Some ridiculous praise of Jairo (given he's played one game and looked poor) went totally unchallenged.

And the brief review of the Ipswich game missed the point entirely that we actually put out a strong side and struggled to win against their U20s.
?

T-bag gave his opinion... it's not the BBC, he doesn't have to offer a counter argument to his own opinion.
Old 25-08-2017, 05:18 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nick Philpott talks the biggest load of bollox ive ever heard, he offers nothing at all to the show. Why do you have him on?
Old 25-08-2017, 05:23 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
both podcasts are OK and i appreciate the effort put in, always worth listening, but both are short of being good, because one tries to be a radio show with jingles that have a production style from decades ago, too much laughing when things go wrong etc, Terrence is pretty reliable for not getting dragged into the 'trending' Palace opinions, tends to say it how it is. The other has an average presenter who is not too sharp and insights debate with quite arbitrary phrases and someone on the panel who talks a lot more than anyone else, although he is engaging.

Last edited by alanlee11; 25-08-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 25-08-2017, 10:08 PM

lombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelombardo7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Both podcasts pass the time, I feel FYP is becoming better, whilst HOL tows the party line sucking up to the board. Most noticeable when BFS was appointed with the presenter with the nasal issues, Hamroll? having a significant moan up about it, but then fawning all over SP when he discussed the appointment. Don't agree with Kevin's thoughts on DF, but respect his opinion over the other obvious sycophant.

Last edited by lombardo7; 25-08-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 26-08-2017, 05:19 AM

Dedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fyp is awesome. Daly presents brilliantly creating a good vibe. Lots of intelligent analysis by panel

Holemesdale is sort of OK. It often feels nervous, weaker panel with overproduction and too many jingles etc
Old 26-08-2017, 07:19 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Fyp is resurgent whilst I think hol is hitting a rocky patch where they are spouting way to much nonsense (with many presenters that just don't come across as very bright). I feel like I should specify I don't include DR in that but he could do with sticking to commenting on things he is knowledgeable on.

Freedman deserves abuse. Fyp are right as well, no one really knows what the role of sporting director entails. If it's to help in transfer negotiations etc. I would have thought we would be better off with someone you can understand and has a modicum of charm.
Old 26-08-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Fyp is resurgent whilst I think hol is hitting a rocky patch where they are spouting way to much nonsense (with many presenters that just don't come across as very bright). I feel like I should specify I don't include DR in that but he could do with sticking to commenting on things he is knowledgeable on.

Freedman deserves abuse. Fyp are right as well, no one really knows what the role of sporting director entails. If it's to help in transfer negotiations etc. I would have thought we would be better off with someone you can understand and has a modicum of charm.

This

FYP is currently significantly stronger. That said Hambo is always an excellent listen. Shame there's not much behind him on HOL.