Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-08-2017, 08:15 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never listen to hol apart from when parish is on. A couple of hours banging on about how great Freedman is would be all too much for me. Needlessly slagging off the other pod on your show is pointless. Do your own thing and get on with it.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:16 AM

KingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingDave82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I will listen to anything about palace so really appreciate the time that everyone puts into both shows. Luckily, nearly all the pundits are knowledgable about the game and palace. The output is very good for a fans' podcast. We are pretty as lucky fans to have two such shows.

Personally I like Terrance as he's knowledge, measured and is consistent in his views. Others contradict the views they gave in the previous pod on the basis of that weekend's game, and then do the same the week after. That makes their analysis quite random.

The thing that most annoys me though is Kevin Day's detailed analysis of games that he's not seen. It's strange he never gets called out on it. FYP also suffers from group think and often blindly follow the first contributors take on a issue, and that's why I think the whole pod had such strong negative feelings on Dougie, as well as positive views on Punch.

However, that's just feedback on things that annoy me. Others will disagree and it's not a complaint. Again, the quality is really good and I know it takes a lot of time and energy to produce the shows, so thank you.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:30 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I listen to both and it's interesting that they do offer different views but agree with others who have said Kevin Day's opinions seem to dominate on FYP.

One thing that annoys me on HOL is the random placing of the adverts, i.e. The presenters get cut-off mid sentence for them to play a couple of adverts! Much better on FYP where the adverts are in between each part of the show.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:42 AM

holradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spy View Post
I listen to both and it's interesting that they do offer different views but agree with others who have said Kevin Day's opinions seem to dominate on FYP.

One thing that annoys me on HOL is the random placing of the adverts, i.e. The presenters get cut-off mid sentence for them to play a couple of adverts! Much better on FYP where the adverts are in between each part of the show.
The ads that come on some podcasts should be specifically timed to not interrupt any conversation. Does it happen on specific podcasts (review/preview?). I know the ones I've done this season have all been timed to hit a jingle.

Edit: Found out and should be fixed now and on future episodes. Thanks for making us aware. It was obviously never meant to be like that.

Live Review Show: Sundays 8pm
Preview Podcast: Released Wednesday/Thursday evenings

Last edited by holradio; 26-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 26-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Ryan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayRyan_the_eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDave82 View Post
I will listen to anything about palace so really appreciate the time that everyone puts into both shows. Luckily, nearly all the pundits are knowledgable about the game and palace. The output is very good for a fans' podcast. We are pretty as lucky fans to have two such shows.

Personally I like Terrance as he's knowledge, measured and is consistent in his views. Others contradict the views they gave in the previous pod on the basis of that weekend's game, and then do the same the week after. That makes their analysis quite random.

The thing that most annoys me though is Kevin Day's detailed analysis of games that he's not seen. It's strange he never gets called out on it. FYP also suffers from group think and often blindly follow the first contributors take on a issue, and that's why I think the whole pod had such strong negative feelings on Dougie, as well as positive views on Punch.

However, that's just feedback on things that annoy me. Others will disagree and it's not a complaint. Again, the quality is really good and I know it takes a lot of time and energy to produce the shows, so thank you.
This is pretty much as to how I see it. Mind you I remember Jel blagging his way through an episode of HOL radio which he hadn't seen, listened to or even seen the highlights and it made for great listening.

On a side note please bring back classic match. If we've run out of decent results could you please do the games we had a shocker in. Everyone's favourite Palace stories are when you travel half the country it pisses it down and we get absolutely tonked.
Old 27-08-2017, 09:50 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by holradio View Post
The ads that come on some podcasts should be specifically timed to not interrupt any conversation. Does it happen on specific podcasts (review/preview?). I know the ones I've done this season have all been timed to hit a jingle.

Edit: Found out and should be fixed now and on future episodes. Thanks for making us aware. It was obviously never meant to be like that.
Thanks. Sounds like you found it but it was in the Swansea preview podcast. I have noticed it before too but maybe not for a while.
Old 27-08-2017, 09:07 PM

holradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
��Podcast!��

To view the link you have to Register or Login

We (albeit briefly) discuss to defeat to Swansea, address some of the concerns raised above and have a quite lively debate regarding Steve Parish. Hopefully it's an enjoyable one for you.

Live Review Show: Sundays 8pm
Preview Podcast: Released Wednesday/Thursday evenings
Old 31-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Listening to the live transfer deadline day show. ******* hilarious listening to Diyar contradict himself about nobody knowing what's happening behind the scenes then assuming what happens and saying it as fact.

Glad the others tried to explain it to him. Was funny as ****
Old 31-08-2017, 10:02 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
This

FYP is currently significantly stronger. That said Hambo is always an excellent listen. Shame there's not much behind him on HOL.
Totally disagree. HOL come across sensible non impulsive fans. FYP seem like children sometimes, howling and making silly childish noises.
Old 31-08-2017, 10:49 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Another good deadline show lads and lasses
Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Voice of HOL Radio

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Another good deadline show lads and lasses
Cheers mate, helps pass the time waiting for news!

Can't tell you exhausting it is to do over 2 hours after a full day's work, so we did get more than a little giddy at the end!

Itunes: www.holradio.net/itunes

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 AM

justjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes was a good and interesting show. Considering lack of activity to report on, the time was filled well with some good discussion and varying views.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Voice of HOL Radio

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjuice View Post
Yes was a good and interesting show. Considering lack of activity to report on, the time was filled well with some good discussion and varying views.
Diyar's still going now. He's relentless!

Old 02-09-2017, 06:16 AM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hats off to you, you guys are class.

This Maz dullard is everywhere. Whatever it is, why does it continue to pour its opinion on a forum for a subject that it knows completely nothing about. It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a proven fact that we are all aware of. A complete and utter dimwit.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:22 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Yeah, thanks for nothing Hol Radio. After (all but) confirming the signing of a new striker, in the excitement I rushed over to my 24hr tattooist and had Niasse's portrait tattooed on my left buttock cheek.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Voice of HOL Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yeah, thanks for nothing Hol Radio. After (all but) confirming the signing of a new striker, in the excitement I rushed over to my 24hr tattooist and had Niasse's portrait tattooed on my left buttock cheek.
I'm still paying to have my David Nugent face tattoo removed.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:51 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
I'm still paying to have my David Nugent face tattoo removed.
So THAT'S why he keeps getting spotted
Old 04-09-2017, 12:15 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I liked the review of all our comments and often over the top criticisms of the show. A classy and humourus thing to do. The way in which you appear to take the comments is definitely how they are intended from posters like me that's for sure. I have always been most critical of Kevin Day in the FYP pod. However that crown is currently being worn by Phillpot.. the current king of spouting total uninformed nonsense.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM

BillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for youBillyTKid is just too good for you
Out of interest, did you reach out to Steve Parish to get an interview post the transfer window closing?
Old 04-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Voice of HOL Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I liked the review of all our comments and often over the top criticisms of the show. A classy and humourus thing to do. The way in which you appear to take the comments is definitely how they are intended from posters like me that's for sure. I have always been most critical of Kevin Day in the FYP pod. However that crown is currently being worn by Phillpot.. the current king of spouting total uninformed nonsense.
I'm getting a T-shirt with that phrase on printed up for Nick as I write this.

I thought it would be amusing, although I'm a little wary it might encourage more grief just to make it a regular feature.

I'm still laughing at Diyar's response to being called a simpleton now

Last edited by Hambo; 04-09-2017 at 01:21 PM.