Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:26 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
We still need to finish 17th, like we have had to in each of the last 4 years.

I worry less about the top 6 or 7 and more about the bottom 10. We need to be picking up points regularly against them.

Points against teams in the bottom half do count more for us because it is not just points we get, but ones they do not.

We scored just 21 points from the 18 games against the other teams in the bottom half last year i think - that can and must improve.
That was entirely my point!! .... but thanks for reiterating it.

We need more points against the teams around us.. I would imagine especially at home. So it stands to reason the first two home games are massive despite the fact that they are so early in the campaign.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Ever heard of sarcasm?
Are you being sarcastic?
Old 07-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Financing the build of the Fanzone has probably been our number 1 priority
*sigh*
Old 07-08-2017, 10:48 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
That was entirely my point!! .... but thanks for reiterating it.

We need more points against the teams around us.. I would imagine especially at home. So it stands to reason the first two home games are massive despite the fact that they are so early in the campaign.
Which were more Pardew games than Allardyce ones.

Last season we played a lot of the bigger teams at home in the first half of the season and lower teams away. I was not overly surprised at our low points tally when Pardew went because of that.

The second half of the season i felt we would pick up more points with his style of play because we were pretty good at winning the games, especially at home against lower opposition. That we will never find out but with De Boer we have a similar experiment.

I would expect at least 8 points from the first 8 games this season, and looking at it that is 3 points from Swansea and Huddersfield and points away at Burnley and home to Southampton. (Given we play 4 of the likely top 6 in that spell that would be a reasonable return.)

I think we have enough in the 1st team to get the 2 home wins, as long as we don't pick up key injuries.

The end of October through to Christmas will be the key period for us. By that time any signings we make will have had plenty of time to bed in, Wickham may or may not be back for that period too giving us greater options up front.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Are you being sarcastic?
Thanks for setting me straight.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-08-2017, 11:50 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Which were more Pardew games than Allardyce ones.

Last season we played a lot of the bigger teams at home in the first half of the season and lower teams away. I was not overly surprised at our low points tally when Pardew went because of that.

The second half of the season i felt we would pick up more points with his style of play because we were pretty good at winning the games, especially at home against lower opposition. That we will never find out but with De Boer we have a similar experiment.

I would expect at least 8 points from the first 8 games this season, and looking at it that is 3 points from Swansea and Huddersfield and points away at Burnley and home to Southampton. (Given we play 4 of the likely top 6 in that spell that would be a reasonable return.)

I think we have enough in the 1st team to get the 2 home wins, as long as we don't pick up key injuries.

The end of October through to Christmas will be the key period for us. By that time any signings we make will have had plenty of time to bed in, Wickham may or may not be back for that period too giving us greater options up front.
I feel deeply unnerved agreeing with almost everything you say about the coming season. The Pardew stuff i am less sure about but there seems little to be gained from thinking about that too much.

I hope we make it through to september in good shape both from the two very key games and in terms of strengthening what i consider to be a fairly weak squad in terms of depth.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Seems like we will be starting the season with what we have, barring some revelation in the next day or two. Not worried as long as Benteke doesnt get a knock, but have we ever been so light up front in terms of strikers? Even in the admin days we had 2 or 3, albeit of a much lower quality. Have the yanks turned off the taps?

Crystal Palace 2017/18: The Inconceivables
Old 09-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

Super eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You Nigels. You lot are so sad it's painful
Old 09-08-2017, 03:58 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's been a poor window so far, it's that simple. Any fool can see we need at least 3 more players. How we are going into a new season with one striker and a keeper we know isn't good enough is beyond me.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:02 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosowski View Post
It's been a poor window so far, it's that simple. Any fool can see we need at least 3 more players. How we are going into a new season with one striker and a keeper we know isn't good enough is beyond me.
We always need at least 3 more players between 1 and 31 August, this year is nothing new.

Last season we did not have a single striker at the club who had scored regularly in the PL at this point.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It's a shame when respected posters lose their shit.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Obviously am joking but only a little, there is no patience in this day and age.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hmm. Not sure it can be described as a poor window so far tbh. We have signed 3 exciting young players. Usually we have at least 2 strikers on the books by now though.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:43 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Hmm. Not sure it can be described as a poor window so far tbh. We have signed 3 exciting young players. Usually we have at least 2 strikers on the books by now though.
Two of which are on loan with no suggestion of an option to purchase.

It's not so much impatience - used to this with Palace - but it worries nonetheless. If Benteke gets injured we are up shit creek.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:03 PM

smoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we don't sign a keeper and a striker by end of August it will be on a par with Pardew not signing a lb and a defensive midfielder. We all knew we needed them, Pardew obviously didn't and we all know how that turned out
Old 09-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Two of which are on loan with no suggestion of an option to purchase.

It's not so much impatience - used to this with Palace - but it worries nonetheless. If Benteke gets injured we are up shit creek.
True. We are. If it happened tomorrow or Friday it would be a makeshift striker like Schlupp, Delaney, Sako or Wilf. Pretty worrying with a half decent start in terms of the fixtures. Obviously he may not get injured and may well deliver, but it does seem very risky.

Less worried about the loans though, both are excellent players we will have all season. Ditto the keeper situation. Rather wait than sign a clown like Adrian.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:27 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
If we don't sign a keeper and a striker by end of August it will be on a par with Pardew not signing a lb and a defensive midfielder. We all knew we needed them, Pardew obviously didn't and we all know how that turned out
Not worried in the slightest at the moment. It's vital get these two signings right, so if it means waiting a couple of weeks then I'm fine with that.

But if they don't come then I'll be worried, and will be just as critical as I was with Pardew about our LB situation last summer.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:32 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Not worried in the slightest at the moment. It's vital get these two signings right, so if it means waiting a couple of weeks then I'm fine with that.

But if they don't come then I'll be worried, and will be just as critical as I was with Pardew about our LB situation last summer.
That'll show em
Old 09-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super eagle View Post
You Nigels. You lot are so sad it's painful
Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Depends on the spin you put on the signings. We have brought in 3 players all categorized as under 21 with about 100 league games combined of which only 30 in the Premier league and only 1 (ONE) is a permanent signing. I am not unhappy with any of those 3, but it is certainly a huge risk if we are banking our season on them. Add to that the deficiencies in the goalkeeper and striker areas. I am also disappointed that we haven't shifted Mutch, Lee, Lapado and maybe one of Delaney or Kelly. Yes, there are still 2 weeks of the window left, but our season starts in less than 72 hours.