Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 29-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
We need a back up striker or someone that could play alongside of just off Benteke if circumstances were to change with the manager which could well happen sooner rather than later.
Just go and make an offer for Dwight Gayle who is up for grabs or in a straight swap for Hennessey, knows the club and fans so no problems settling and probably could be bought for around 8m. Also we know what he is capable off if played CORRECTLY (off Benteke is ideal) he would guarantee you 10/12 goals if not more, if played all season. What is there not to like?
Why are we wanting to gamble 10/12m on someone like Niasse when we know he has struggled previously at other clubs, get in Gayle as the "nippy" striker we need and when Wickham is back there is like for like cover for Benteke.
Oh FFS. Sorry Nigel this first exasperation is far wider than your post but WTF is it about Palace that makes so many of us want our old players back.

Back to your specific post - I would say that if his current manager, Benitez, has recognised immediately that he isn't going to make it at Premier level despite having him as a thundering goal machine in the Championship, then I would say that is as good an answer as you can get. His problem isn't putting away a chance when he gets it it's the poor movement and play to get him into those positions and the inability to make a difference other than poking it away. Its awesome when he scores but .......

I wouldn't pay 10m for Niasse, but that's a different question. If Gayle was available for $5m then it might make sense but he won't be surely, because a Championship club will pay big money for those goals.

The point is that each Premier Manager he has had has looked at him, fancied him up front and then concluded exactly the same thing. That is why for me.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Friskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.AlbansEagle View Post
Are the same people moaning about this also the ones crying out for us to sign Sakho?

Blowing the majority of our budget on one player has consequences...
Nope.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:55 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Oh FFS. Sorry Nigel this first exasperation is far wider than your post but WTF is it about Palace that makes so many of us want our old players back.

Back to your specific post - I would say that if his current manager, Benitez, has recognised immediately that he isn't going to make it at Premier level despite having him as a thundering goal machine in the Championship, then I would say that is as good an answer as you can get. His problem isn't putting away a chance when he gets it it's the poor movement and play to get him into those positions and the inability to make a difference other than poking it away. Its awesome when he scores but .......

I wouldn't pay 10m for Niasse, but that's a different question. If Gayle was available for $5m then it might make sense but he won't be surely, because a Championship club will pay big money for those goals.

The point is that each Premier Manager he has had has looked at him, fancied him up front and then concluded exactly the same thing. That is why for me.
Martin,
Let me explain my reasons which i thought i had. As for the points you raised i.e not rated by his manager, how often do we see this happen? is it a true reflection of the players ability? or just that he does not figure in his manager's plans, as in the case of Townsend with FdB.
As for Gayle not being able to cut it in the premiership that may or may not be the case, but what is certain is whilst at Palace he was seldom used where he should have to be at his most effective.
How often have we all said what the hell is he doing playing a lone striker role? and when used alongside Murray was deadly as we remember against Liverpool, as for his movements yes it could be better, but on the flip side his conversion rate is very good and is it not that which is what we judge and want from a striker?
If Palace are going to get ourselves out of this rut without getting deeper in it soon then we need to go back to basics, and that should mean Benteke getting the service he needs to be effective, and ideally playing a fellow striker either alongside OR just off to make this Palace side a bigger goal threat which it would be.
I accept it won't happen with what FdB is attempting to play, but maybe he needs get real if it's failing as it clearly is, ok all be it after just a few games, but with players looking bemused and confused at times says it all.
And to prove that point, here we are after 3 games (all lost) 6 goals conceded and None scored surely says it ain't working, do we need to get to the point of no return before realising, when maybe the answer lays at looking at playing something different which could work better.
As for his value surely in this ludicrous market if asked to pay what Niasse is going for is not unreasonable, and as for Premier managers backing off, then they need to realise if you play a 5ft 6ins tall striker as the lone striker and wonder why they are not getting the best out of him, then they need to look at themselves and their own judgement.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:58 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
After 5 years in the premier league are we really in for the same players as Brighton ffs.
Yeah but Niasse would probably be their first choice striker whereas he would just a decent back up striker with pace for us.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Niasse would be better than Shola Ameobi, Kevin Doyle or 33-year old AJ.

So, from a recruitment perspective, an improvement.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:44 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
This transfer window has been a pain in Niasse.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:45 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
Niasse would be better than Shola Ameobi, Kevin Doyle or 33-year old AJ.

So, from a recruitment perspective, an improvement.
Keep setting the bar high
Old 29-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Martin,
Let me explain my reasons which i thought i had. As for the points you raised i.e not rated by his manager, how often do we see this happen? is it a true reflection of the players ability? or just that he does not figure in his manager's plans, as in the case of Townsend with FdB.
As for Gayle not being able to cut it in the premiership that may or may not be the case, but what is certain is whilst at Palace he was seldom used where he should have to be at his most effective.
How often have we all said what the hell is he doing playing a lone striker role? and when used alongside Murray was deadly as we remember against Liverpool, as for his movements yes it could be better, but on the flip side his conversion rate is very good and is it not that which is what we judge and want from a striker?
If Palace are going to get ourselves out of this rut without getting deeper in it soon then we need to go back to basics, and that should mean Benteke getting the service he needs to be effective, and ideally playing a fellow striker either alongside OR just off to make this Palace side a bigger goal threat which it would be.
As for his value surely in this ludicrous market if asked to pay what Niasse is going for is not unreasonable, and as for Premier managers backing off, then they need to realise if you play a 5ft 6ins tall striker as the lone striker and wonder why they are not getting the best out of him, then they need to look at themselves and their own judgement.
Nigel - appreciate you taking the time and as ever very clear. Most of your points I agree with BTW as principles. (I deleted the FDB stuff or this will just turn into yet another kill the witch thread and I can't cope)

The core points for me is that we did over his time with us play Gayle in all sorts of positions and combinations. It did work for a few mins at the end of the Liverpool game and I don't doubt his finishing and maybe a better all round game up at Burnley but it rarely worked out for long. I just think if all of those different Managers reach the same conclusion over 3 years then they can't all be wrong can they? The most telling is Benitez who arguably has seen the best of him as he scored goals for fun there. The Mgr is no slouch and knows his players. If he really can't see a place for Gayle after that, then there has to be a shortfall. Unless there is a personal explanation (that I haven't got wind of) but I don't think Gayle asked for the move.

Anyway - the difference between is more that I am resigned to that conclusion and I think you still hope for a better outcome. If he was to come back I would be rooting for him but I wouldn't go chasing him.

Re Niasse - I understand the rep he has and have seen him miss some howlers but there is definite some raw material there and I have also seen some screamers. So as a low cost backup striker at 5 or 6m he is probably OK but understand he controls the ball like Ladapo. TBH if Gayle was available at that price then you would snap him up too but he won't be will he? More like 15m or more?

In another thread I would like to know what service to Benteke looks like because I am getting less clear the more I see him. but that should be in another thread. Cheers
Old 31-08-2017, 08:39 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Didn't realise he was 27.
Old 31-08-2017, 08:48 AM

runaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weedrunaldo is AJ vs the 'weed
I really hope this isnt the case. Couldnt even cut it in Norway.
Old 31-08-2017, 08:50 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Talk about not respecting the what a ******* waste , rather we looked further down the leagues . Ohhhh we'd need a scouting system for that.
Old 31-08-2017, 08:53 AM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounds about right for us but you'd have to fear for the lad as the next scapegoat status if he did sign.
Old 31-08-2017, 08:53 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Talk about not respecting the what a ******* waste , rather we looked further down the leagues . Ohhhh we'd need a scouting system for that.
Hard to disagree with you.. if true
Old 31-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Telling that Marco Silva hasnt gone in for him at Watford considering he managed him at Hull ..
Old 31-08-2017, 09:06 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
He's probably on a low wage and that's the only reason we've gone for him. Incredibly underwhelming.
Old 31-08-2017, 09:11 AM

PremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePremierPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He scored a couple at a struggling Hull last year. Dead quick. It's not glamorous and probably too much to be paying, but we won't get a much better back up today for that price. Just hoping for Sakho and a keeper
Old 31-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Sceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSceagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we sign him and Tosun, I'm happy. Just him, then I'm underwhelmed beyond belief.
Old 31-08-2017, 09:16 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
If we sign him and Tosun, I'm happy. Just him, then I'm underwhelmed beyond belief.
Yep, I see him as a third choice striker (fourth when Wickham's back). The reported 10m seems a lot though, although only the club will know how much we really pay on transfer fees.
Old 31-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Yep, I see him as a third choice striker (fourth when Wickham's back). The reported 10m seems a lot though, although only the club will know how much we really pay on transfer fees.
The enigma that is Dwight Gayle is being touted at 15m so 10m is not a lot at all. Two strikers, maybe this one plus the Turk would then allow us to loan/sell Anderson & Ladapo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019