Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ups Newcastle not done yet..will wait with the table until after that update then
29/05/04 Crystal Palace West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace Portsmouth 4-0
Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigma View Post
Ups Newcastle not done yet..will wait with the table until after that update then
Sorry Stig, will try and start it and finish it tonight. You can then update yours tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:36 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Crystal ball palace 1 Luca Newcastle 1 Diami att;25746

9 of you predicted the correct score of 1-1, none of which guessed any scorers.
Sl6eagle
Selhurst300
Joe85
Worksop Palace
Hilaire Hair
Gold 76
Favelly Weston
DJ784
Philsick
1 other 3 point scorer foe nearest attendance was Ruskin Old Boy +23

1 point scorers for correct result of a draw were
Peter H
Kent Eagle 1
Stumpy Feelers
Jim Cannon
CPFC85
Rainbow_child

1 point scorers for being within 100 of attendance were
Maidstone cpfc -46
CPFC fan1 -68
Eddie Edwards +33
Addowolz -68
N -32
CPFC @ Eastbourne +43

Finally bonus point scorers for being between 100-200 of attendance were
Sylvan Eagle -102
Far East Eagle -187
Latvian -171
Robert cpfc -168
Selhurst BBSH -174
Assagaya Eagle +141

I will post table up first thing in the morning
Old 12-02-2018, 11:40 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I might have done myself a bit of a favour this season, and others, actually being bothered with predicting scorers.

What a Cant.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:21 AM

Post Newcastle table

Lots of scorers in the top 20, however, not much movement
Attached Images
File Type: png Newcastle home.png (380.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 13-02-2018, 10:34 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Big thanks for everyone for doing this. Just read the comments on my my getting the Arsenal crowd figure nearest. Very funny! I am afraid my crowd figures are complete guesses as I don't know any capacities. Worked for Brighton as well. Being a pessimist means this season is bad news for my mental health. I am convinced now we have had it, based on alll those previous seasons of relegation. The Crystal ball is at least something to take my mind off reality. The Everton points aren't on there yet are they? (not in any way a criticism, just that ageing is having a not too wonderful effect on my brain)
Old 13-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everton update
Attached Images
File Type: png Everton away.png (298.8 KB, 47 views)
29/05/04 Crystal Palace West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace Portsmouth 4-0
Old 13-02-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Big thanks for everyone for doing this. Just read the comments on my my getting the Arsenal crowd figure nearest. Very funny! I am afraid my crowd figures are complete guesses as I don't know any capacities. Worked for Brighton as well. Being a pessimist means this season is bad news for my mental health. I am convinced now we have had it, based on alll those previous seasons of relegation. The Crystal ball is at least something to take my mind off reality. The Everton points aren't on there yet are they? (not in any way a criticism, just that ageing is having a not too wonderful effect on my brain)
Thanks to Stig being uber efficient, they are now.
Old 13-02-2018, 01:15 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks. Still slipping down the table though.
Old 26-02-2018, 10:06 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Spurs Home Update

Palace - Spurs 0-1
Palace:
Spurs: Kane
Att: 25,287

How frustrating was that. So close to a precious point, but a defeat was not unexpected, based on the general trend of predictions.

Looking first at those who got three points for predicting the correct score:
Ant.Palace
RisZero
Gazz
PhuketEagle
AddoWolz

Of these, Gazz, PhuketEagle and AddoWolz also predicted that Kane would score for a further point.

A fait few of us thought that we would lose, thereby gaining a point for the result:
averity
Bubble Wrap
cpfc@eastbourne
CP-RJW
danpalace07
desperado
Dj 784
Eaglefoz
Favelly Weston
Hector
hilairehair
Ian H
Ian Hart
Jim Cannon
KentEagle1
Laurie
Lords Eagle
Maidstonecpfc
Marksf
palacemetros
Palestinian
rbarmy
rhiannapaul
Ruskin Old Boy
Selhurst300
SJ's Love Monkey
sl6 Eagle
Stellavista
Stigma
sydnsteve
Worksop Palace
wrightchipvcfc
Jon_C-Pal
Jolly Eagle
HRP
legaleagle2
Robin
The Drive Man
Far East Eagle
hihi
PeterH
philsick
selhurst_bbsh
cpfcfan1
EddieEdwards
ExiledStirling
Flappy Chicken
Latvian
Malarkey
melteagle
N
Thefunkymonk
davech

The attendance was below our typical numbers, probably as a result of the frustrating decision to move the match at short notice. Anyway, those who got an attendance bonus point for being between 101 and 200 away from the actual attendance are:
Banger
Glaziers56
JAS78
rambo1
Surrey Eagle
cpfcfan1
EddieEdwards
ExiledStirling
Flappy Chicken
Latvian
Malarkey
melteagle
N
Thefunkymonk
AddoWolz

Those who get an attendance point for being within 100 are:
Eagle Angel
sylvan eagle
Far East Eagle
hihi
PeterH
philsick
selhurst_bbsh
davech
PhuketEagle
Of these, a further two points go to davech for being the nearest, only 10 out from the actual attendance.#

Highest scorers this week were:
davech, with four points for result, attendance point and nearest attendance
Gazz, with four points for the correct score and scorer
AddoWolz with four points plus a bonus for the correct score and scorer, plus an attendance bonus
PhuketEagle with five points for the correct score and scorer, and an attendance point

There are 11 new people on the table, with the total now up to 321.

I was generous this week in allowing an entry that had superseded a previous prediction but didn't quote the previous prediction. Take a look at the rules. I may not be so generous next time.

I must also pay tribute to Maidstonecpfc, whose prediction make reference to having his prostrate removed. Firstly, I'm sure that we all wish Maidstonecpfc well as he recovers. Secondly, I did wonder about giving him an extra point to compensate for the loss of the prostrate, but decided against that as it might lead to a BBS black market in prostrate removal.

It will take a little time to finalise the table update and publish it on here, but suffice it to say for now that ROB still has a substantial lead at the top.
Old 27-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Now for the table.

ROB continues to be the Man City of the Crystal Ball, with a lead of five points and four bonus points over EddieEdwards in second place.

AddoWolz's move from eighth to fifth is the only significant move in the top ten.

Turning to the top twenty, philsick has moved from 15th to 12th and davech, with his score of four points, has moved into the top twenty, from 24th to 16th.

As for the annual battle between the UK and the Kiwis, represented by Ian Hart and hughff respectively, the UK is winning, with Ian Hart in 29th place and hughff in 40th position. However, the gap is only four points and anything could happen over the remaining games. But neither has a realistic chance of winning the Crystal Ball trophy this year.

Finally, I have been picked up on my comment that I was generous in allowing an entry that had superseded a previous prediction but didn't quote the previous prediction, and was therefore not in compliance with the rules. It transpires that a decision was taken some time ago to no longer apply this rule, but it was not removed from the rules set out at the start of the season. Hence, the decision that I made was correct, but I was not actually being generous.
Attached Images
File Type: png Spurs Home 25feb18.png (332.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 14-03-2018, 07:42 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Man Utd Update

On time as ever, I am here with the post Man Utd scores.

No one got the score correct, so top of the pops for this game was Worksop Palace, he scored 4 points for predicting a Man U win (boo!) and being the closest to the attendance thanks to being just 1 away! This also scored him a bonus point.

Special shout to kark, who on another day would have had the extra 2 points, being just 4 away from the total.

Full scorers below;

Worksop Palace 4 1 result, 25839 (-1), within 10, closest
kark 2 1 result, 25844 (+4) within 10
EddieEdwards # # 2 result, 25785 (-55)
hihi 2 result, 25789 (-51)
Maidstonecpfc 2 result, 25800 (-40)
Ruskin Old Boy # 2 result, 25787 (-53)
AddoWolz 1 1 result, 25678 (-162)
N 1 1 result, 25736 (-104)
TWELLSEagle 1 1 result, 25980 (+140)
3 Beers at HT 1 result
Ant.Palace Ψ 1 result
Banger 1 result
BarcaPalace 1 result
baughurst eagle 1 result
bigGcpfc 1 result
bodger 1 result
Bubble Wrap 1 result
CharlieCPFC 1 result
cpfc@eastbourne Ψ 1 result
cpfcfan1 1 result
danpalace07 1 result
davech 1 result
desperado 1 result
Dj 784 # 1 result
Eagle's Nest 1 result
EagleSE24 1 result
Favelly Weston 1 result
Flappy Chicken 1 result
Galo 1 result
Gark Moldberg 1 result
Gazz Ψ Ψ # 1 result
Glazier69 1 result
glaziers fan 1 result
glenn.f 1 result
Hector 1 result
hilairehair 1 result
HurstpierPalace 1 result
Ian Hart # # Ψ 1 result
knowseleyUCLA 1 result
KP'S Nuts 1 result
Latvian 1 result
Laurie 1 result
Lords Eagle 1 result
Malarkey 1 result
Marksf 1 result
mayfield 1 result
melteagle 1 result
Palace Mad 1 result
pallet 1 result
Penstone Eagle 1 result
PeterH 1 result
philsick Ψ 1 result
red&blue_moomin 1 result
rhiannapaul 1 result
Robson 1 result
selhurst_bbsh 1 result
Selhurst300 Ψ 1 result
Shipsisourking 1 result
sl6 Eagle 1 result
Stellavista 1 result
Stigma 1 result
stumpy feelers 1 result
sydnsteve 1 result
Teagle 1 result
Thefunkymonk 1 result
west country boy 1 result
wrightchipvcfc 1 result
Eaglefoz 1 25650 (-190)

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 14-03-2018, 07:55 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
290 on the table

Ruskin Old Boy remains the man to beat, still 11 points ahead of EddieEdwards in 2nd. There is now 3 points back to Dj 784 in 3rd, who could only pick up a point.

7 points separates 3rd from 4th, while there is just 8 points between the remaining top 10. N leads the chasing pack in 4th, with Maidstonecpfc and AddoWolz behind in 5th and 6th respectively.

cpfc@eastbourne, selhurst_bbsh, Palestinian and hilairehair round out the top 10. Thanks to his big score, Worksop Palace is now knocking on the door of a top 10 place.

Table below;
Attached Images
File Type: png 17-18 Man Utd Home.png (326.2 KB, 44 views)

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 16-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Nuclear Member

Thanks for the update.
Don't forget to make your predictions for tomorrow's game oop north.
Old 19-03-2018, 01:06 PM

Chelsea 2 (Willian, KellyOG) Palace 1 PVA 40800

3 winners this week all on 4 points - Correct score plus
Charlie CPFC plus Willian
R Barmy plus +82
DJ784 plus Willian

Shipsisourking scores 3 points for nearest attendance with +76 with all of the following Correct score and 3 points;
IanH
Palestinian
Lords Eagle
Critical Eagle
Sydnsteve
Selhurst_BBSH
Ian Hart

1 point scorers for correct result are;
Hughff
Latvian
Bodger
Hector
CPFCfan1
Palacemad
ForestHillBilly
The Funky Monk
Penstone Eagle
Bungalow
FavellyWeston
EddieEdwards
Laurie
HilaireHair
Selhurst300
Kent Eagle1
Melteagle
CP-RJW
MaidstoneCPFC
Marksf
bigGCPFC
Addowolz
Mr. Bo Jangles
3 beers at HT
Sl6 eagle
CPFC85
Peter H
N
Flappy Chicken
Philsick
Desperado
Worksop Eagle
Malarkey
Stellavista
Ruskin Old Boy
Charlton Hater
Stigma
HiHi

Also scoring 1 point for being within 100 of attendance was
Davech +88
and bonus point for being between 1-200 of attendance were
Doogies Boots +176
Langers +167

Table will be updated later on
Old 19-03-2018, 03:23 PM

And here is the ongoing table after Chelsea away. 291 scorers registered.

Please note as I did the calculations for Huddersfield away before realising I should have done Chelsea, tomorrow I will post up Huddersfield results leaving Stig to have a rest.
Attached Images
File Type: png Chelsea away table.png (390.1 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Eaglefoz; 19-03-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 19-03-2018, 09:34 PM

cpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfc@eastbourne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hi Eaglefoz i had correct score for 3 points 2-1 can you check please, not showing in your list? Was post 74/5 in the prediction thread, thanks
Old 20-03-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc@eastbourne View Post
Hi Eaglefoz i had correct score for 3 points 2-1 can you check please, not showing in your list? Was post 74/5 in the prediction thread, thanks
No problem, will check today and correct when I do Huddersfield table.
Old 20-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Huddersfield 0 Palace 2 Tomkins, Luka, att 23918

Some good points added this week especially by Assagaya Eagle and my favourite positive poster Rambo1.
6 points to Rambo 1 who predicted correct score and was mearest attendance with -18.
5 points to Assagaya eagle who predicted score, plus Luca as scorer and att +78
Relevant this week in particular, Stevey Hawing scored 4 points with score and att +64
Scoring 3 points for score and a bonus point +102 for attendance was CharlieCPFC
Sylvan Eagle and Surrey Eagle both score 3 points for correct score.
Eaglefoz +92 and 3 Beers at HT both score 2 points for result and attendance within 100
Scoring 1 point and a bonus point for attendance between 1-200 are
Kent Eagle -149
Robert CPFC +122
Glaziers56 -151
Eagle Angel -161
Razors Edge -129
Selhurst_BBSH -112
Scoring 1 point for result were
Stumpy Feelers
Rhianna Paul
Stigma
Thanet Eagle
Crofty
JAS 78
Jonny Ego
John63
Luie Jack
Maidstone CPFC
Glazier
Terry Fydahytes
DaveCH
Penguin7
Flappy Chicken
Danpalace07
And 1 point for attendance were
Eddie Edwards +53
Selhurts300 +84
Sl6 Eagle +82
Charltonhater +85
Philsick -95
BigGCPFC +60
N +96
Finally getting a bonus point for between 1-200 of attendance are
Lords Eagle -197
Favelly Weston +109
Ian Hart -195
Cpfc@Eastbourne -193
Ruskin Old Boy +183
296 players currently register scores on the table
Attached Images
File Type: png Huddersfield away table.png (397.1 KB, 48 views)
Old 20-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Round of applause for everyone organising ballgazing this season