Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:31 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Worst home performance/result ever?

How does today rate for those that were there?

Before answering put the result in context. What were your aspirations and expectations before todays game? Look back at say Wimbledon tonking us and think that Wimbledon were a solid side that could do that sometimes. Look at the dead season tickets on the pitch under Alan Smith and think that that side was defeated before they stepped on the pitch. Losses to WBA and other non-performances. All the times we would be expecting to take the point only to do a 'typical Palace'.

Waiting all close season, enjoying a fair pre-season (albeit pointless in HK), full house, new manager, some exciting new young players, Zaha on a new long contract - what could go wrong? 0-3 and the embarrassment of the league - back to square one.

It could be the worst ever in that context for me. It makes me want to give up before the season has started, and very thankfully that I have classes at gametime atm.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:33 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Wimbledon
Old 12-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Man about town

Marksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarksf : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sunderland will always be the worst. This is up there as it's so disheartening to see what we have to look forward to for a few months.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
This was poor. But 3-0 flattered them. We had chances.. didn't take them.

I think we are running before we can walk.. we should prob stick with 4-5-1 but this is what SP and FdB want. Problem is we haven't the personnel.. and FdB isn't being backed for the personnel.

And don't forget most of you on here were banging on about 3 at the back last season.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why this is so disheartening is that in the last few weeks you could see this coming and now the reality sets it that frank obstinate will stick with system which nullifies our best players and exposes our weakness. Wewill be feed platitudes about needing to adjust , by which time it maybe too late.
It's a terrible waste of the talent and resources we have for a Chairmans fancy dan view of progress.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:55 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I'd include the Luto game as well for personal reasons. I flew over with my son for his first tastes of Palace. In the friendly we lost to Inter Milan - no disgrace. Then we lost the opener against Luton. We were booked for Wolves away (can't rmember the result) but my father passed away suddenly, so we didn't go.

Okay, the trip over wasn't only to see Palace, but like any Palace fan it was a big element. Overall spent the best part of 3k on that trip, but at least I saw my father before he passed.

Last time back was Arsenal at home LOST, West Ham away WIN and Southampton away LOST - but we played well, the ref gave Arsenal the game and we hit the post at the death, desrved winners at the Shammers, and played well against a Southampton team that turned up that night.

I was going to come over in February for Everton away, Spurs and Man Utd at home. Not now, no chance, I can do Machu Picchu for half the price, and not be disappointed.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:02 PM

CPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not the worst by any means.

Southampton home 2004/05

Doncaster home 3-0 2009

Scunthorpe home 4-0 2009

Sunderland home 4-0 2017

Liverpool home 6-1 94/95

Hartlepool away cup

Luton home 2005/06

Watford 3-0 2005/06 play off semi

1990 FA Cup final replay

Crewe 3-1 in the fog

Wigan 2003/04 Kembers last game 5-0

just to name a few
Old 12-08-2017, 11:05 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Grimsby 0-3 around 1982
Any home defeat against Shrewsbury
0-3 v QPR about 1990
Birmingham 0-4 2013
As others have said, plenty worse than this
Old 12-08-2017, 11:09 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Today was bad but in recent memory Sunderland was worse, it's the only game I can think of where there was a real feeling of anger around the crowd, like it was the final straw. Stunned disbelief at conceding 4 goals in the first half against the bottom team, loud boos and 'you're not fit to wear the shirt', the guy running on to confront Delaney...that game really felt like hitting rock bottom and for the first time in a long time we gave up on 'support the team no matter what' and really got on their backs.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 PM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
This was poor. But 3-0 flattered them. We had chances.. didn't take them.

I think we are running before we can walk.. we should prob stick with 4-5-1 but this is what SP and FdB want. Problem is we haven't the personnel.. and FdB isn't being backed for the personnel.

And don't forget most of you on here were banging on about 3 at the back last season.
You my friend are delusional.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Not the worst by any means.

Southampton home 2004/05

Doncaster home 3-0 2009

Scunthorpe home 4-0 2009

Sunderland home 4-0 2017

Liverpool home 6-1 94/95

Hartlepool away cup

Luton home 2005/06

Watford 3-0 2005/06 play off semi

1990 FA Cup final replay

Crewe 3-1 in the fog

Wigan 2003/04 Kembers last game 5-0

just to name a few
Scale that list down to Home games as per thread title. Remind me about Southampton 2004/5? I'll give you Watford 0-3 Play Off Semi - that must be the most disappointing. We got our revenge on them though.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Today was bad but in recent memory Sunderland was worse, it's the only game I can think of where there was a real feeling of anger around the crowd, like it was the final straw. Stunned disbelief at conceding 4 goals in the first half against the bottom team, loud boos and 'you're not fit to wear the shirt', the guy running on to confront Delaney...that game really felt like hitting rock bottom and for the first time in a long time we gave up on 'support the team no matter what' and really got on their backs.
And three goals for Sunderland in the last 5 or 6 minutes before half time. Like the crap at Swansea away.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Grimsby 0-3 around 1982
Any home defeat against Shrewsbury
0-3 v QPR about 1990
Birmingham 0-4 2013
As others have said, plenty worse than this
But as a season opener when you're playing against a side you hope will go straight back down. A long, tourno-free summer to wait for that. A huge wait for a new manager, a longer wait for signings. Today was a long way away from the elation of SA's last game.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:24 PM

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Fair comments but losing to Sunderland 4-0 was the worst but at least they were an established Premier team. We have just lost at home to a team playing their first ever premiership game. I for one feel totally embarrassed.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:26 PM

CPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC.1990 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Scale that list down to Home games as per thread title. Remind me about Southampton 2004/5? I'll give you Watford 0-3 Play Off Semi - that must be the most disappointing. We got our revenge on them though.
Southampton - Higginbottom.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:50 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Similarities with the opening game of 1973-74 at home to Notts County. Start of Malcolm Allison's first full season in charge following relegation from Division One. All optimism, promise of a new style of football from the players, nicknames on the backs of tracksuit tops and a 4-1 mugging by County.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:04 AM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Liverpool 6-1 first game of 94/95 - that was a lesson
Luton first game 2005/06 - the over-confidence & arrogance of players & fans got quickly deflated
Losing to Crewe in the fog under Kit Symons was bad, seeing scunthorpe put 4 past us in consecutive seasons, Ismael being made Carl Leaburn's b*tch, Watford in the play offs, Claridge's millwall getting the better hand, losing 0-1 to brighton under Dowie, Forest played us off the park under Freedman last game of the season IIRC, as did a reading side in a midweek fixture, most home performances under Burley were dreadful with Adam Barratt at centre half, Fulham under Holloway, Sunderland/Swansea last year....

we've had some horrors but it has always been & will continue to be. We can't crack this code of getting consistent positive results at home......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 13-08-2017, 12:53 AM

Gregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGregz41 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Certainly up there. Only topped by Sunderland in recent seasons. Looked horribly disjointed in possession and lots of players woefully out of position.
Old 13-08-2017, 01:02 AM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What did you expect? We are playing a new system with a new manager and a few new instrumental players against a team that presses hard and fast and was super hungry to impress. We got to see how good RLC is/will be, we got to assess weaknesses in the defensive portion of the team and as always we got to shout at the TV/real life ref for not booking anyone that touched Wilf...

Losing three points like that always hurts, but lets be positive and realise that's only 2.5% of the minutes we have to play this season.

COYP
Old 13-08-2017, 01:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Any home game against Shrewsbury in the 70's.