Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Album Closers

I'm in the process of putting together a Spotify playlist of great album closers. Hoping not to miss anything, especially some of the less-obvious choices.

So Music Forum, what are yours and why?
Old 16-08-2017, 09:07 AM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think most of Radiohead’s closers are brilliant.
Street Spirit would be the obvious choice, but Life in a Glass Houses (Amnesiac) and Wolf From The Door (HTTF) are my favourites.
I’ll have a think of some more later though.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When the Music's Over - Strange Days by the Doors.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgcwhite came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The End - The Doors again from their eponymous album.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:22 AM

The Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Norwoodsman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Night Prowler by AC/DC on Highway to Hell.

Warning: May inspire mass murder.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Totally agree with the two Doors ones above.

Not a huge fan of Oasis but always loved the closer to Whats the Story.

"Married With Children".

"Your music's shite it keeps me up all night"
Old 16-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I think most of Radioheadís closers are brilliant.
Street Spirit would be the obvious choice, but Life in a Glass Houses (Amnesiac) and Wolf From The Door (HTTF) are my favourites.
Iíll have a think of some more later though.
Yeah I went with Street Spirit but added The Tourist as well as I couldn't leave it out.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Closer to REM's - Automatic For The People is gorgeous ...

"Find The River"
Old 16-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Love the closer to Revolver too ...

"Tomorrow Never Knows". So far ahead of its time.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:35 AM

mulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemulla64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Hymn of the big wheel.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Jazzie's Groove closing out the debut of Soul II Soul still gets play, lovely closer.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulla64 View Post
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Hymn of the big wheel.
Oh yes!!!
Old 16-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

You can't miss out Stone Roses Resurrection either ...
Old 16-08-2017, 09:40 AM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yeah I went with Street Spirit but added The Tourist as well as I couldn't leave it out.
Videotape from In Rainbows is also very good.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Inner City Blues closing out Marvin Gaye's What's Going On.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Inner City Blues closing out Marvin Gaye's What's Going On.
And "After The Dance" closing out "I Want You".
Save
Old 16-08-2017, 09:45 AM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Totally agree with the two Doors ones above.

Not a huge fan of Oasis but always loved the closer to Whats the Story.

"Married With Children".

"Your music's shite it keeps me up all night"

That's the end of Definitely Maybe. What's the Story ends with Champagne Supernova, which is also an absolute hammer.

Always thought My Body Is A Cage at the end of Arcade Fire's Neon Bible to be a remarkable piece of music. Also Empty Cans closing out A Grand Don't Come for Free. One of those albums I know exactly where I was when I listened to it for the first time - great tune, amazing album.

Nods to Radiohead too and a Certain Romance from WPSIATWIAN by the Arctic Monkeys. Of it's time like Empty Cans but so evocative of that time in my life.
Old 16-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR5 Eagle View Post
That's the end of Definitely Maybe. What's the Story ends with Champagne Supernova, which is also an absolute hammer.

Always thought My Body Is A Cage at the end of Arcade Fire's Neon Bible to be a remarkable piece of music. Also Empty Cans closing out A Grand Don't Come for Free. One of those albums I know exactly where I was when I listened to it for the first time - great tune, amazing album.

Nods to Radiohead too and a Certain Romance from WPSIATWIAN by the Arctic Monkeys. Of it's time like Empty Cans but so evocative of that time in my life.
Ooops! Cheers

Agree with your Streets and Arctic Monkeys ones too.

If he'd just ended Original Pirate Material with "Weak Become Heroes" I'd be saying that too. Stay Positive is just OK IMO.
Save
Old 16-08-2017, 10:06 AM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Purple Rain - title track
Old 16-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Repo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRepo Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Depeche Mode - Clean