Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Freedman Returns
Welcome home! 472 50.86%
WTF! 353 38.04%
Moo! 103 11.10%
Voters: 928. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-08-2017, 06:37 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Freedman must have been busy 'advising' Parish in the few days he has been here...
You can bet your bollocks Freedman has been in Parish's ear "ooh Steve he could do this better, he shouldn't playing that way" etc etc

Clinton Morrison.
Old 28-08-2017, 06:42 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
The football played was what was needed for the team we had, staying up was all that mattered.

As soon as he got a decent side the football got so much better.
Bull shit , the minute he got a bollocking he changed the style, still can't forgive him for that 2nd leg at Cardiff
Old 28-08-2017, 06:42 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
You can bet your bollocks Freedman has been in Parish's ear "ooh Steve he could do this better, he shouldn't playing that way" etc etc
Said yesterday that FdB will probably walk away anyway once Freedman had an input.
Old 28-08-2017, 07:55 AM

mylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemylona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Said yesterday that FdB will probably walk away anyway once Freedman had an input.
I don't think Frank is ready to walk away, he wants to make a success here after his Italian disaster. It's really the last chance saloon for him if this is seen as another flop after only a handful of games.

Provided there is not a loss of faith by the players, and we're getting some quality reinforcements over the next 4 days, he will put the effort in to put things right for Burnley.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I was one that didn't enjoy having Dougie as our manager and worried that his return could end up him having a second spell; but having heard what Parish had to say on Hol Radio, I'm left excited at the prospect of what he could bring to the club. Dougie apparently is not interested in the short term-ism of management now and would prefer to help build a clubs infrastructure and see the long term benefits. Also keen on getting our academy back on track.

For me, his strengths were bringing in decent players that were first and foremost leaders and winners, and also having a great rapour with the players; persuading Delaney to come and Ambrose to stay after administration were two notable examples. He's also a bit of a hustler and has the ability to get what he wants. Having someone like that at the club just quietly doing the groundwork I think will be a massive benefit.

There you go; a bit of positivity in an ocean of turmoil at the moment.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I was one that didn't enjoy having Dougie as our manager and worried that his return could end up him having a second spell; but having heard what Parish had to say on Hol Radio, I'm left excited at the prospect of what he could bring to the club. Dougie apparently is not interested in the short term-ism of management now and would prefer to help build a clubs infrastructure and see the long term benefits. Also keen on getting our academy back on track.

For me, his strengths were bringing in decent players that were first and foremost leaders and winners, and also having a great rapour with the players; persuading Delaney to come and Ambrose to stay after administration were two notable examples. He's also a bit of a hustler and has the ability to get what he wants. Having someone like that at the club just quietly doing the groundwork I think will be a massive benefit.

There you go; a bit of positivity in an ocean of turmoil at the moment.
Where have we heard him talk about that before? Dougie has previously professed to be in a job for the long haul, and given assurances that he wanted to complete his project.

Hopefully Dougie has learnt from his past mistakes and actually means it this time.

Last edited by Popester; 19-09-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:45 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
It is convenient that he's not interested in management now that he can't get a job!

I really enjoyed the podcast with SP and think Dougie would be a good person to build something long term.
Old 19-09-2017, 12:46 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Where have we heard him talk about that before? Dougie has previously professed to be in a job for the long haul, and giving assurances that he wanted to complete his project.

Hopefully Dougie has learnt from his past mistakes and actually means it this time.
Pragmatically a position as DOF can be a long term one with regular salary for the foreseeable. Even if Dougie did take over as manager, the likelihood is he wouldnt last more than two seasons, not many managers do these days. He stock elsewhere is very low. If he was actively job hunting i couldnt see him getting anything above Leauge One and probably not an attractive club, anywhere near his home / roots in the area. If it were me in his shoes i'd rather take a DOF role any day.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I know people will say “good” but do people find it strange that Freedman is never in the public eye and no my knowledge never pictured during games in the stand. Quite often a the DOF is pictured and a typical example of that would be Moody that often got pictured. Not saying it’s a bad thing, just strange. I’ve not seen one photo of him since his return.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:47 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I know people will say “good” but do people find it strange that Freedman is never in the public eye and no my knowledge never pictured during games in the stand. Quite often a the DOF is pictured and a typical example of that would be Moody that often got pictured. Not saying it’s a bad thing, just strange. I’ve not seen one photo of him since his return.
He was at the game at Newcastle, but sat a good ten or so seats away from Parish. And before anyone thinks it as far as I could see there was no problem between Parish and DF that saw him sit many seats away.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:08 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I find it strange that he is DoF and stranger still that after the Moody debacle we never even entertained the idea of having one whilst systematically ignoring all of the scouting reports on potential players to sign but hey ho..
Old 10-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
He was at the game at Newcastle, but sat a good ten or so seats away from Parish. And before anyone thinks it as far as I could see there was no problem between Parish and DF that saw him sit many seats away.
He didn’t want to be a gooseberry between Parish and Bright
Old 10-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Whats the problem? If he's spent the last three months lining up players for January, that's fine by me.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Whats the problem? If he's spent the last three months lining up players for January, that's fine by me.
I agree but if Parish doesn't rate them we won't be signing them.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:08 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatter8142 View Post
I agree but if Parish doesn't rate them we won't be signing them.
How do you know that?
Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 AM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Given DFs low profile I don't see how any of us can comment on how good a job he's doing until at least the end of the January window.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:29 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat Eagle View Post
Given DFs low profile I don't see how any of us can comment on how good a job he's doing until at least the end of the January window.
The end of January is too late ...I’m hoping he has already got all his targets lined up and ready to sign on Day1 of the transfer window. We don’t have that time. In any case wtf has he been doing since he rejoined.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:33 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat Eagle View Post
It's going to be painful if SP has the last word .... Successful businessman does not make him a capable football man.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:35 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
The end of January is too late ...I’m hoping he has already got all his targets lined up and ready to sign on Day1 of the transfer window. We don’t have that time. In any case wtf has he been doing since he rejoined.
Watching strikers in Turkey? I'd Imagine if we haven't seen him much it's because he's watching other games and players?
Old 11-11-2017, 08:13 AM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
How do you know that?
Obviously I don't know for sure, it is my opinion based on what I read and what I hear, which is probably the way 99.9% of posters on here form there opinions as well.