Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 24-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Ipad Pro

Has anybody got one of these?
I know they have branded it a laptop killer, but how does it actually compare in real life? Just using the basics such as word, power point etc

Cheers.
Old 24-08-2017, 03:00 PM

Cake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For things like Word I don't see how a keyboard less device is going to 'kill' anything
Old 24-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake and Eat It View Post
For things like Word I don't see how a keyboard less device is going to 'kill' anything
Well you get a keyboard with the iPad.
Old 24-08-2017, 03:35 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I know they have branded it a laptop killer, but how does it actually compare in real life? Just using the basics such as word, power point etc

Cheers.
I've got one and I've got the keyboard but you know what...I still work on a trusty old Lenovo laptop when it comes to word/powerpoint stuff.

That could be down to the free company software though.
Old 24-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
I've got one and I've got the keyboard but you know what...I still work on a trusty old Lenovo laptop when it comes to word/powerpoint stuff.

That could be down to the free company software though.
It's it hard to use PowerPoint etc?
Old 24-08-2017, 04:21 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interesting, work have just delivered the iPad Pro 10.5" to me.
Can I get a keyboard to fit that.
What other accessories are worth having?
Old 24-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianace View Post
Interesting, work have just delivered the iPad Pro 10.5" to me.
Can I get a keyboard to fit that.
What other accessories are worth having?
You can get a keyboard case, but I wouldn't bother. Get a decent Bluetooth wireless keyboard if you plan to type regularly. The standard apple one for their imacs works flawlessly.
Old 24-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post

Cheers.
I bought mine mainly for drawing etc. (hobby) and then just normal stuff. I really like it but the 'normal size is a more practical size in most situations - other than drawing really. So very happy.

Don't have any real experience these days with the office products. I just do those on PC and no need to do it on the move these days.

Edit - thinking about it - not sure how big it is - it's the bigger one. I should have made more of a point about the 'pen' action which really is far more like real drawing now in terms of how it responds and how it detects where the 'nib' is. It's how I always expected it might be rather than the disappointing thing I had seen before.

Last edited by Martin H; 24-08-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 24-08-2017, 05:02 PM

EL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Love mine, with keyboard, sinful use the Apple pencil
Old 24-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL JIMBO View Post
Love mine, with keyboard, sinful use the Apple pencil
Such as?
Old 24-08-2017, 05:25 PM

EL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceEL JIMBO hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Auto spell ? But did sound interesting!
Old 24-08-2017, 10:10 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am writing this on the new 10.5" iPad and it's the bollocks.

Fastest tablet you can buy (blisteringly so and very noticeable)

Expensive though but I think IOS11 will be a huge upgrade coming very soon.
Old 24-08-2017, 10:13 PM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I am writing this on the new 10.5" iPad and it's the bollocks.

Fastest tablet you can buy (blisteringly so and very noticeable)

Expensive though but I think IOS11 will be a huge upgrade coming very soon.
bag of sand aren't they?
Old 24-08-2017, 10:17 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
bag of sand aren't they?
Not far off and more if you want the keyboard and/or the pencil
Old 25-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
people say good things about the surface
Old 28-08-2017, 05:35 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
You can get a keyboard case, but I wouldn't bother. Get a decent Bluetooth wireless keyboard if you plan to type regularly. The standard apple one for their imacs works flawlessly.

Thanks.