Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-12-2017, 10:39 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shove the Guardiola song up their .........

Just finished watch MCFC edge past LCFC in Carabao Cup then he orchestrated the away fans to sing his song.

I’d just love it for CPFC to enjoy a great day so players and fans alike can spoil their New Years Eve with a win and some proper fan support.

It is a form of fan flattery to copy another club’s anthemic song but it sorted of pissed me right off tonight.

I preferred the “old skool” MCFC fans with a sense of humour and pride following their local club. We mustn’t lose our identity the same way.

#Gladallover

COYP
Old 19-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
To be fair to city fans they do have a big following of the old school that followed them when they were proper shit
Old 19-12-2017, 10:44 PM

palace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The song will be redundant when Guardiola goes in a season or two!
Old 19-12-2017, 10:45 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I find the Charlie Austin remix more annoying, probably because he's such a prick.
Old 19-12-2017, 10:49 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Man City fans went through some serious crap like us in the 90's. Can't begrudge a club like that success.

Always well supported, even in the third division.

They still acknowledge their past heroes like Book, Summerbee, Lee, Bell, Booth etc...

Good luck to them.
Old 19-12-2017, 10:51 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Man City fans went through some serious crap like us in the 90's. Can't begrudge a club like that success.

They still acknowledge their past heroes like Book, Summerbee, Lee, Bell, Booth etc...

Good luck to them.
Totally agree. And they are sticking it up Manure United
Old 19-12-2017, 10:59 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its nice that Manure are not even the best team in their own town, so i like City, they're doing a great job of keeping Manure quiet.
Old 19-12-2017, 11:08 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post

Good luck to them.
I have no problem with City and they play lovely football but saying they are successful isn't strictly accurate.

Climbing a ladder to the top on your own is a 'success.'

Being able to vault off a twenty-foot high stack of Arab petro-dollars is something else, methinks. Were some billionaire, looking for a new plaything, to fund our glory by injecting enough money to service a third-world country's national debt, I'd find our 'success' to be a pretty hollow victory. It would say nothing about our club and everything about football.
Old 19-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Watch that final game of the season against qpr and tell me you wouldn’t want that to be Palace one day.
Old 19-12-2017, 11:27 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Couldn’t care less about what other fans sing unless it’s directly abusing our fans, players or club. But I guess that’s just me .
Old 19-12-2017, 11:58 PM

BarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shove the Guardiola song up their .........

Always meet decent City fans when on my hols. Good luck to 'em, I say. Rather them be winning everything than Utd.
Old 20-12-2017, 12:52 AM
Always late for kick-off

3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Watch that final game of the season against qpr and tell me you wouldn’t want that to be Palace one day.
I wouldn't want that to be Palace one day.

Re-read Southgate Eagle's post and educate yourself.
Old 20-12-2017, 02:04 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Like Southgate Eagle, I just can’t take City seriously. I know they’re not the only ones spending ridiculously now, but for some reason i don’t take theirs or Chelsea’s successes come to that, as a real achievement. Doesn’t register with me.

I suppose it’s because they were both rubbish and basically lifted to where they are now by humongous wads of cash. It could’ve been any team. It wasn’t an organic growth but an artificial one. They’re like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Despite them playing some out of this world football, I don’t feel compelled to watch them. Just something soulless about them.

Maybe it’s because I’m a football fan of a certain age. I don’t know?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel

Last edited by bubbs11; 20-12-2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 20-12-2017, 02:12 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
What final game?

We have had plenty of our own. Stockport, Wednesday, Play Off finals x4. Let alone Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spuds, even Man City in recent sessons. Only twats we need to do are Man Utd.

Nothing they do or did with all their cash beats what we did to Brighton 5 years back.
Old 20-12-2017, 02:14 AM

Purepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs1 View Post
I just can’t take City seriously. I know they’re not the only ones spending ridiculously now, but for some reason i don’t take theirs or Chelsea’s successes come to that, as a real achievement. Doesn’t register with me.

I suppose it’s because they were both rubbish and basically lifted to where they are now by humongous wads of cash. It could’ve been any team. It wasn’t an organic growth but an artificial one. They’re like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Despite them playing some out of this world football, I don’t feel compelled to watch them. Just something soulless about them.

Maybe it’s because I’m a football fan of a certain age. I don’t know. Anyone else feel this way?
Same.

I have long since even seen them or Chelsea or Arsenal etc as even being English teams. I know that might seem weird but foreign owners, coaches and players have totally alienated them from me.
In fact, and I never thought I would say it, but I wish they would all feck off to their euro super league with inter, barca et al and leave the likes of us and the evertons, villas, stokes and leicesters of this world to challenge for the league and cups every year.
Old 20-12-2017, 02:20 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Their success pales compared to Leicester recently or Forest or even Derby under Clough. It is another purchased title. Titles have been purchased since Blackburn bought theirs.
Old 20-12-2017, 02:23 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I just can’t take City seriously. I know they’re not the only ones spending ridiculously now, but for some reason i don’t take theirs or Chelsea’s successes come to that, as a real achievement. Doesn’t register with me.

Maybe it’s because I’m a football fan of a certain age. I don’t know. Anyone else feel this way?
I admire their football but, as you say, those teams did nothing to earn their success other than catch the magpie eye of moneyed internationalists with plenty of cash to spend / hide / avoid tax on / use to ensure they remain too highly visible to end up in an oliogarch-gulag.

I have always hated Chelsea but am saddened that the unfashionable yet spirited club that was once Manchester City becoming the football equivalent of a blow up doll for a bored Sheikh with too much black gold to know what to do with.

Any history those clubs once had has been disassociated from the Chelsea and Man City of today since what made those clubs the entities they were is now replaced by billionaire moolah. Both clubs could play to empty stadiums and be essentially no less financially competitive than in front of packed arenas. The owner could make up for the attendance shortfall from pocket change.

That's how much the fans have to do with the 'supporting' of these clubs in a financial sense. Quite how their genuine, old-time fans reconcile their own redundancy as supporters is beyond me. I wouldn't want to be part of a club that has no real need for me, my family, future children, friends, fellow supporters or local community because it has squillions available on tap from a sugar daddy, creating a situation where basically no one else really matters to the club aside from one man who probably shits into a gold toilet. By that metric, it's fair to say Chelsea and Man City fans have been made into customers instead of supporters.
Old 20-12-2017, 08:07 AM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting what people are saying about effectively buying success.

If Palace stay up this season after our terrible start, will none of you celebrate given our relatively heavy spending? Let's not forget that Benteke and Sakho alone cost almost £60 million combined. West Ham aside which teams in the bottom half have spent that much on two players?

FFS MURRAY!
Old 20-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guardiola is a bolshy manchild. That's why I don't like the club he's currently at.
Old 20-12-2017, 08:31 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to like Manchester City, but not since the oil money came. They’re like an even more obnoxious version of Chelsea now. They reek of arrogance too.