Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:11 AM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Can somebody confirm- would there by any restrictions that would bar as from acquiring a free agent- i.e. that we have more than 25 senior professionals already.

To put it simply, is this even possible?

With 25 registered players currently qualified as over 21 the only way we can bring in further free agent players is by selling players to one of 60 foreign leagues with transfer windows still open before their individual deadlines.
In order to stop clubs cheating the system you cannot now simply cancel a players contract outside of our window in order to free up a space whilst incoming players must have had their previous contracts cancelled before the end of our transfer window.
The most attractive leagues are Spain (Sept 1 at 23:59 local time) and Turkey (Sept 8 at 23:00). Australia and New Zealand (both Oct 16) could be attractive to British players whilst Qatar (Sep 30) could be most lucrative.
The last current window to close is Yemen on Nov 23rd and then there is always Niger which is openning in 75 days time until Jan 31 2018.

We need to call in all possible favours with foreign contacts and agents to create openings for the additional strikers we obviously still need. it is also probable that we would continue to pay a large portion of their wages to seal any deal.

Could Dougie even phone up his old mate Tony Popovic at Western Sydney Wanderers to organise a deal?

Edit: Forgot about implications of the squad nomination deadline at 4 pm on Sept 1st.

Player would need to be sold before 4pm deadline to leave a space available in the squad which can then be replaced at a later date by a free agent. Once named they can not be replaced even if sold later.

Last edited by CJ PLUM; 01-09-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:12 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I'm free! And so is John Inman.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:13 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kark View Post
Bring Chammy home
And people whinge at Parish for being sentimental
Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kark View Post
Bring Chammy home
With Cedric as goalie......
Old 01-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ PLUM View Post
With 25 registered players currently qualified as over 21 the only way we can bring in further free agent players is by selling players to one of 60 foreign leagues with transfer windows still open before their individual deadlines.
In order to stop clubs cheating the system you cannot now simply cancel a players contract outside of our window in order to free up a space whilst incoming players must have had their previous contracts cancelled before the end of our transfer window.
The most attractive leagues are Spain (Sept 1 at 23:59 local time) and Turkey (Sept 8 at 23:00). Australia and New Zealand (both Oct 16) could be attractive to British players whilst Qatar (Sep 30) could be most lucrative.
The last current window to close is Yemen on Nov 23rd and then there is always Niger which is openning in 75 days time until Jan 31 2018.

We need to call in all possible favours with foreign contacts and agents to create openings for the additional strikers we obviously still need.

Could Dougie even phone up his old mate Tony Popovic at Western Sydney Wanderers to organise a deal?
I am not sure that answers the question, at least not for me. You have to fill up empty spaces in the squad of 25 with contracted over 21s, but can you sign a non contract player before the squad of 25 is due to be submitted. For example, now, today?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:

We need to call in all possible favours with foreign contacts and agents to create openings for the additional strikers we obviously still need.

We will not sell any of our dross to those countries, so this is a complete non starter in that case.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I am not sure that answers the question, at least not for me. You have to fill up empty spaces in the squad of 25 with contracted over 21s, but can you sign a non contract player before the squad of 25 is due to be submitted. For example, now, today?
Thanks for articulating what I couldn't, largely due to a transfer window induced lack of sleep.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don't know the answer but I'll give a view anyway. I can't see any logical reason why we can't sign a non contracted player and then put them in the squad by 4PM today at the expense of someone being left out. This only becomes an issue anyway if we are seeking more than one non contracted player assuming Wickham isn't included in the squad.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 01-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I don't know the answer but I'll give a view anyway. I can't see any logical reason why we can't sign a non contracted player and then put them in the squad by 4PM today at the expense of someone being left out. This only becomes an issue anyway if we are seeking more than one non contracted player assuming Wickham isn't included in the squad.
Would think we can sign 10 unsigned players today without any issue. I think the tiny window we have until 4pm is being mixed up with the opportunity to only submit 24 and then pick up a non contract later.

Technically I guess if a club were to pay up a players contract this morning we could actually sign him this afternoon. If we then paid money to that club for agreeing to do that, I am not sure if that is within the rules or not. Outside the spirit but maybe within the rules. Not likely though is it? Likely expensive too.

Any strikers out there with very few months left on contracts?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah i think the problem is to fix this now we have to sign a keeper and striker by 4pm today. We had Niasse there all day yesterday and didn't manage to sort that. Have to say going on the previous 2 months I'm not hopeful. Currently we have the most unbalanced squad imaginable, capable of playing 4-5-1 or 3-6-1 at a push. Some great players in there, but the 3 best ones are all injured.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Technically I guess if a club were to pay up a players contract this morning we could actually sign him this afternoon. If we then paid money to that club for agreeing to do that, I am not sure if that is within the rules or not. Outside the spirit but maybe within the rules. Not likely though is it? Likely expensive too.
But as above you can't now cancel a players contract outside the window.

www.bensheroestrust.org

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case...
Old 01-09-2017, 10:32 AM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Get Remy back if he's on a free.

He has the pedigree we might only need 20 games out of him max.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
20 games?
Any club would do well to get 20 minutes out of Remy...
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
But as above you can't now cancel a players contract outside the window.
Is that right? I assume brought in to stop that ruse.
Buying BFS a pint of wine

JAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
Get Remy back if he's on a free.

He has the pedigree we might only need 20 games out of him max.
The bloke has already stolen a year's wages
Old 01-09-2017, 10:36 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Clinton. He needs 5 goals to overtake Wright as Palace's highest post war goal scorer. I'd even have Bright who also needs 5. Just stick either in the box next to CB for the last 10 mins of a game.

Ah! there's Dougie but he needs 10 to overtake Wright.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Premiership 2018/19

rbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betrayrbarmy is like ice, their footing does betray
A fully fit Remy on a pay per play might not be a bad shout
Old 01-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'd rather he didn't
Old 01-09-2017, 10:47 AM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We currently have 25 over 21 players. I believe squads have to be nominated by 4 pm today. So if any player can be sold to a foreign league with an open transfer window before then the space created can be filled at a later date by a free agent, as we did with Flamini. Once named in the squad they cannot be replaced even if sold at a later date.

The deadline for nominating squads needs to be moved until after the international break as clubs could lose players to long term injuries in games not under their control and then be unable to replace them, even with their own contracted players.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Souare and Wickham have to be named in the 25 injured or not. Not that hard to get your head around.