Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Man United away (Sat 30 Sept, 3pm) - sold out

phew its hot!

Tickets for our away Premier League match against Manchester United on Saturday 30th September, kick-off 3pm, will be on sale in the following selling order:

Phase 1

Friday 1st September from 10am

Away Season Ticket Holders

One ticket per client reference

Phase 2

Tuesday 5th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 4000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 3

Wednesday 6th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 3000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 4

Thursday 7th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 2000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 5

Friday 8th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders & Paid Members with 1000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 6

Monday 11th September from 10am

Season Ticket Holders – No Loyalty Points requirement

Phase 7

Tuesday 12th September from 10am

Paid Members – No Loyalty Points requirement

All sales phases are subject to availability.

Tickets are priced at:

Adults - £30

Over 65’s - £15

18-20 - £22.50

16-17 - £15

Under 16’s - £10

Disabled supporters receive a free Personal Assistant ticket (must be booked in person at the Box Office, or by calling 08712 000 071).

Coach travel will be available for this match.

This will depart Selhurst Park at 7.30am and is priced at £27 per seat.

Match tickets and coach travel will be available to book online,by calling the ticket line on 08712 000 071, or in person at the Box Office.

Looking at the seating plan, in the current phase, blocks E230 and E231 are currently on sale. The other block in the quadrant, E232 is greyed out, but will presumably be made available if we sell out the first 2 blocks quickly. Cannot imagine the block in the South Stand (the old £55 tickets) has been taken.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't even want to think about the Manchester away games at the moment! Scary
Old 01-09-2017, 05:30 PM

ellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Trains seem very expensive.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Probationary User

Wilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Looking at making this my 8yr old son's first away game. I was going to wait til he's at least 10yrs, so he was a bit taller and less timid. Worried he may find the atmosphere in an away match a bit of a culture shock, compared to our cosy seats in the WH.

What are people's tips/advice about taking my son to his first away game to OT?

How easy is it to get seats in the front, I remember people would give up front row seats to young ones they noticed behind them - does that still go on?

Thinking about driving to OT and parking as near as possible - any advice/experience?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbo View Post
Looking at making this my 8yr old son's first away game. I was going to wait til he's at least 10yrs, so he was a bit taller and less timid. Worried he may find the atmosphere in an away match a bit of a culture shock, compared to our cosy seats in the WH.

How easy is it to get seats in the front, I remember people would give up front row seats to young ones they noticed behind them - does that still go on?

Thinking about driving to OT and parking as near as possible - any advice/experience?
My son's been doing away games since he was about 5 or 6. They key was to get him confident standing on his seat. That way you can get a good view rather than bring stuck down thr front. He's just too tall for that now, but just about tall enough to see without standing on his seat.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
About a third of people there supporting Man United will be foreign tourists at their first game (really!)

Another third are just glory hunters from miles away, so the traffic is pretty bad to and from the game.

Whisper it quietly but they do have a small number of proper fans. But they are still mainly arrogant wankers.

So literally thousands get to the ground REALLY early.

I'm not aware of any free parking within walking distance, the retail parks nearby have time restrictions to stop people going to the football parking there all day. There are however numerous nearby businesses who use their parking areas for matchday parking for anything from £5 to £10 a car

Seats at the front - pretty much all the seats in the front 5 or so rows have already gone - away season ticket holders having snapped these up. They are pretty unlikely to give up their seats as they have deliberately chosen these seats so they can sit at the front.

Don't let the above put you off though. You can probably stand your son on his seat (keep a hold of him by belt if you are worried) - the stewards are unlikely to make a fuss as they never make people sit down, so what can they do realistically?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-09-2017, 07:21 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I couldn't believe last season how many tourists there were for the last game of the season. Most of them from the Far East. I know we have ours now but I would hate us ever to turn into a club like Man Utd. It's honestly like visiting the Eiffel Tower or the Tower of London going to OT. I met some genuine Manc fans on the tube and they seemed okay (but obviously being wankers still). They as a club, along with the top four optimise modern day football and how it's become. Whilst I love being in the Premier League, I still long for the days of growing up in div 2 and div 1 in the late 80s and early 90s. Though that could be me being nostalgic.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:25 PM

sherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went to all but 3 away matches last season - encountered no ill-will at all at any of them. Until old Trafford. On the concourse outside our end, immediately after we'd lost the meaningless match 2-0, some thug pushed his mouth in my face and for no reason at all, called me a cockney c?...t. I wish I had had the presence of mind to ask him where he thought Beckham, Sheringham, Ferdinand and Ince were all from......
Old 02-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Collecting Palace tat

If I was to bring an 8 year old to their first away game and it was this season, then I'd say somewhere like Stoke, West Brom or Swansea would be a more 'real' experience than the 'Disneyifcation' of football which Old Trafford has become. At least at those sort of places all the home and away fans are 'real', and you won't go home swearing to yourself about how bent the ref was.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
If I was to bring an 8 year old to their first away game and it was this season, then I'd say somewhere like Stoke, West Brom or Swansea would be a more 'real' experience than the 'Disneyifcation' of football which Old Trafford has become. At least at those sort of places all the home and away fans are 'real', and you won't go home swearing to yourself about how bent the ref was.
True I guess but tbh what 8 year old kid cares about whether a Stoke fan is more 'real' than a man united fan.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
You obviously didn't go to West Clattenburg Albion 2-2 Palace.

As for free parking, it was a while ago but we parked near the Old Trafford cricket ground and walked once. From memory it was free but it may have changed now.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

Our son started going to away matches at about that age, and enjoyed standing on his seat to see.

However, we chose easier fixtures such as Norwich and Reading. In the Prem we started with Arsenal and Southampton I think. Well organised grounds that we could comfortably reach in a day trip.

Not sure I'd start with Old Trafford...long tiring journey, big crowd for a youngster, likely to lose etc etc.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
You obviously didn't go to West Clattenburg Albion 2-2 Palace.

As for free parking, it was a while ago but we parked near the Old Trafford cricket ground and walked once. From memory it was free but it may have changed now.
There still is street parking by there (near a pub the name of which escapes me) though the actual car park at the cricket is pricey. I'd also look at Salford Quays. cheaper parking there and
easier to get away.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Yes I went to the 2-2 at WBA, I am now happy that Clattenburg is gone forever. I stand by my assertion that you will get a more even game at a 'normal' away ground rather than a 'bright lights' Big 6 teams stadium

I park in Salford Quays, however even there is £6 for on street parking paid via Ringo.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:08 AM

sherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

If you're driving, I would second the suggestion about parking at Salford Quays. Much easier getaway and if your 8 year old likes pizzas, there's a lively Pizza Express before the bridge. Then it's an easyish 10-15 minute walk to the ground.

But I'd also caution that OT might not be the ideal choice for an 8 year old's first CPFC away match. The stewards are the worst behaved in the PL and last year I complained to a policeman about the language that one of the stewards used to Palace fans.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:14 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Funny because we had a steward next to us at OT last season who was a top bloke and chatted football with us throughout. I guess it's just down to the individual.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
We've never had a problem at Old Trafford - other than poor refereeing and losing games of course!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Funny because we had a steward next to us at OT last season who was a top bloke and chatted football with us throughout. I guess it's just down to the individual.
Very fair point. I've just booked the identical seat for OT so I'll see if there has been any improvement.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Northern Monkey

Palace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace_Akie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
About a third of people there supporting Man United will be foreign tourists at their first game (really!)

Another third are just glory hunters from miles away, so the traffic is pretty bad to and from the game.

Whisper it quietly but they do have a small number of proper fans. But they are still mainly arrogant wankers.

So literally thousands get to the ground REALLY early.

I'm not aware of any free parking within walking distance, the retail parks nearby have time restrictions to stop people going to the football parking there all day. There are however numerous nearby businesses who use their parking areas for matchday parking for anything from £5 to £10 a car

Seats at the front - pretty much all the seats in the front 5 or so rows have already gone - away season ticket holders having snapped these up. They are pretty unlikely to give up their seats as they have deliberately chosen these seats so they can sit at the front.

Don't let the above put you off though. You can probably stand your son on his seat (keep a hold of him by belt if you are worried) - the stewards are unlikely to make a fuss as they never make people sit down, so what can they do realistically?
If you look up Ordsall Lane on Google maps it was free parking the last time I was there about a year ago. Around a mile, mile and a half depending on where you can get a space but again fills up early.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:24 PM

Ulster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUlster_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What is our ticket allocation for this and is it likely it will get down to Phase 5 in sales?