Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 15-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Off the wall

36 chambers
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
The Beatles-The Best of The Beatles
Hi Alan
Old 17-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
New Order-Republic and Waiting for the Sirens Call.Superior synth pop/electronic dance music imo.

Better than Technique ?
Old 18-09-2017, 03:10 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Better than Technique ?
I think so.Prefer the more polished dance music which Sumner championed rather than the more edgy sound that Peter Hook liked.
Old 18-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
The Beatles-The Best of The Beatles
Edgy.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:32 PM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I have all those Roden class
I am lucky enough to have live at the BBC as well.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 11-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWolfnipplechips came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A bit of a departure from my usual taste but......

The Nightfly Donald Fagen. On vinyl.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:49 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think Eno himself rates "Stranded" as the best Roxy album, though, not that I really agree with him.
For 'Mother of a Pearl' alone it should be on anyones list. It's a great album.

I think I'd like to put forward Dr. John 'Gris-gris'. I think it is pretty essential listening. Not sure it's my all time favourite, how do you choose that? But there is still something primeordial about this amazing record. WAY ahead of it's time & still works. Even at 50 years old. Everyone should own this record I believe.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:02 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think I'd also like to add Echo & the Bunnymen - Ocean Rain.
Just a seminal record. I still love this record & every time I hear it I'm that 17 year old again. Plus seeing them in this tour still ranks as one of the best gigs I've ever seen, & there have been a lot since!
Old 12-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Five Leaves Left.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 12-10-2017, 12:08 AM

Argh - this is going to be an endless list I reckon:

New Order - Low Life - deserves to be up for consideration surely? It is a master piece.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:30 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
My default position is always to recommend Jason and the Scorchers so... Lost and Found - Jason and the Scorchers.

Also:
Stoneage Romeos - Hoodoo Gurus

Absolute Domain - Devil's Elbow

Yoni - Ginger

In the Land of Salvation and Sin - Georgia Satellites

Highlights of a Dangerous Life - The Johnnys

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 04-11-2017, 05:27 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Argh - this is going to be an endless list I reckon:

New Order - Low Life - deserves to be up for consideration surely? It is a master piece.
Compilation album but yes very,very good....
Old 20-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Turn It Like Trevor

Dawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDawkins' Banana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
Five Leaves Left.
^^^^THIS. Fantastic album. Didnít think anyone else on here would even have heard of Nick Drake.
Old 21-11-2017, 12:04 AM
phase three

Jer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJer sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins' Banana View Post
^^^^THIS. Fantastic album. Didnít think anyone else on here would even have heard of Nick Drake.
Yes indeed, even though growing up in the 70s I don't think I heard anything of his until the 90s
Old 21-11-2017, 12:38 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In my tribe. 10000 maniacs
Stop making sense talking heads
Old 21-11-2017, 08:48 AM

Kylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is hereKylie_Tracey Sam the man is here
getting more into Pink Floyd but because of The Wall single I always thought they were shite as a kid, but am slowly realising they are brilliant, whats the Holy Grail album to be recommended ? also listening to more Hawkwind and Deep Purple.

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 21-11-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 21-11-2017, 10:18 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins' Banana View Post
He's quite popular on here.

Even if I didn't like his music I'd still love him for the fact he called Chris de Burgh "the little c~nt with the big guitar" when they were at school together.
Old 21-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
He's quite popular on here.

Even if I didn't like his music I'd still love him for the fact he called Chris de Burgh "the little c~nt with the big guitar" when they were at school together.
Ha ha

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 21-11-2017, 11:24 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Fools gold Stone roses