Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
R.I.P. Walter Becker

Sad news indeed

To view the link you have to Register or Login

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 03-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Simmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimmo the Elder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haitian Divorce , a sublime classic, amongst others
Old 03-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Shit.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
******* hell.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Aja was a fantastic album

THE FIST BUMPERS
Old 03-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned by Moderators

blinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandblinkkee is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo the Elder View Post
Haitian Divorce , a sublime classic, amongst others
Good track.

What a shame about Walt, only 67 too.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:39 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I only came to appreciate Steely Dan a few years ago, as an old punk I had dismissed them as far too slick and polished for my tastes. But then their songs gradually crept up on me, those great melodies, after that the genius lyrics sunk in and I was converted.

I saw them live about seven years ago at The Edinburgh Playhouse, great seats, literally front and centre.

Sad news, RIP Walter, thanks for the work you left behind.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:40 PM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So sad RIP
Old 03-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
I only came to appreciate Steely Dan a few years ago, as an old punk I had dismissed them as far too slick and polished for my tastes. But then their songs gradually crept up on me, those great melodies, after that the genius lyrics sunk in and I was converted.

I saw them live about seven years ago at The Edinburgh Playhouse, great seats, literally front and centre.

Sad news, RIP Walter, thanks for the work you left behind.
Yes, a few of us must have been on the same trip, I guess.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Very sad. RIP Walter. Ricky has lost his number.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:15 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad news indeed. Loved the Steely Dan sound. So melodic, so smooth, so 'jazzy' with such clever lyrics.Fantastic body of work right up there with all the top bands.
RIP Walter....
Old 03-09-2017, 04:40 PM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of my boyhood dreams has always been to see Walter Becker and Donald Fagen play together live... Sad sad news
Old 03-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Very sad. RIP Walter. Ricky has lost his number.
He must have gone to the movies with everybody else.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:21 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Yes, a few of us must have been on the same trip, I guess.

And those lyrics contain great stories with real characters using an economy of words that seem to allow them to fit a novel into a song (the only other artist I can think of that does this so well is Tom Waits).
Old 03-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Time to listen to The Royal Scam methinks.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:41 PM

nibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsussexeagle View Post
Time to listen to The Royal Scam methinks.
I don't really know what to write. About as important as a band to me than anyone else. RIP Walter from a fan from the beginning. Is there gas in the car, yes there's gas in the car.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesSnapBack View Post
One of my boyhood dreams has always been to see Walter Becker and Donald Fagen play together live... Sad sad news
I haven't seen them either, but have tickets for the 02 next month. Sad news.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Old 05-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Nix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Their best known songs are radio gold but a lot of their stuff is a an exercise in 'look how good we are'. Reelin' in the Years is a classic, but with a few other exceptions, their album tracks are bland and unmemorable but maybe OK for relaxing to when you are bored with your playlist.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Been a favourite band of mine for over 40 years