Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:28 PM

ben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Townsend needs replacing, not competition. Too many poor performances.

Benteke needs to move a bit, why a player of that ability needs pushing into doing his job is beyond me. Another sitter missed on Saturday.
At some point you need to add players, not just replace like for like. Similarly to when Bolasie left, we replaced him with Townsend and now we have no decent backup. Townsend has proved that he is good enough when on form. Would also make a great option for coming off the bench.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1987 View Post
At some point you need to add players, not just replace like for like. Similarly to when Bolasie left, we replaced him with Townsend and now we have no decent backup. Townsend has proved that he is good enough when on form. Would also make a great option for coming off the bench.
This.
We need to get rid of the panic buys and utter dog shit players and add to our quality. Look how many strikers Bournemouth have?! You need that depth of quality.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:53 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1987 View Post
Absolutely.
The Back-up Needs Replacing,Damien Delaney,Martin Kelly,Freddie Ladapo,Chung -Yong Lee & Jordon Mutch.
Not,Regular Starters,Like Andros Townsend.That Doesn't Improve the Squad.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:08 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Both Townsend and potentially Benteke should be on that list of players for whom if we get a good offer (20m and 40m) that you take and reinvest assuming they don't come in on deadline day.

Agree with comments about Cabaye staying but what if we get a really good offer? (I want him to stay and sign a new deal)
Benteke I'd just be happy to get our money back. He doesn't fit our requirements for a mobile striker. We can get by if he can start scoring, he must be on easy street though not anyone pushing him.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:26 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
has the bubble burst? will he revert to type? are we awaiting the return of the clown/buffoon/village idiot to the world of football? only time will tell, has the secret potion similar to that which Jerry Lewis drank and portrayed so well as The Nutty Professor worn off as a well spoken eloquent football coach(Buddy Love) only to see the return of the Woy we all know and love circa "I dont know why I'm here" days?

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 09-12-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:12 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
has the bubble burst? will he revert to type? are we awaiting the return of the clown/buffoon/village idiot to the world of football? only time will tell, has the secret potion similar to that which Jerry Lewis drank and portrayed so well as The Nutty Professor worn off as a well spoken eloquent football coach( Buddy Love) only to see the return of the Woy we all know and love circa "I dont know why I'm here" days?
Edit. Actually **** it. Your weird obsession with hating the guy that's somehow kept us in with a chance of staying up is just ******* odd. You're my first ever ignore list guy
Old 09-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
I'm more worried that we'll kill the old boy off more than anything else. Think he's doing a great job so far to be honest.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
This.
We need to get rid of the panic buys and utter dog shit players and add to our quality. Look how many strikers Bournemouth have?! You need that depth of quality.
Absolutely this. We need to be bringing in players to push our (good) starting 11 for a place, not replacing a starter with another starter. The problem is, we are saddled with a number of players who no-one in their right mind will pay money for, like Mutch and Chungy, and to an extent Sako, so we are left with them running down their contracts.

I thought Roy's comments about Martin Kelly were telling. He praised his professionalism and patience and his commitment, which backed up what I always thought about him, which is that he's exactly the sort of backup player coaches and managers love - totally professional and willing to come in and give his all when called upon. We need quality players with those attributes.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I'm more worried that we'll kill the old boy off more than anything else. Think he's doing a great job so far to be honest.
True, you'd think at his age he'd be taking things easy but instead takes on a madhouse like our club. I'm fairly sure he could retire right now a bathe in money and yet he has still found the energy and desire to at least get us into a position where we have a chance of survival. Hats off to Sir Roy of Croydon.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
has the bubble burst? will he revert to type? are we awaiting the return of the clown/buffoon/village idiot to the world of football? only time will tell, has the secret potion similar to that which Jerry Lewis drank and portrayed so well as The Nutty Professor worn off as a well spoken eloquent football coach( Buddy Love) only to see the return of the Woy we all know and love circa "I dont know why I'm here" days?
Not sure about any bubbles regarding Roy Hodgson have burst, but *****ubbles seem to be exploding all over the BBS these days
Old 09-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Btw how on Earth has he never received some sort of honour from the queen? ******* Alex Ferguson did just for being successful with the biggest club in the world, the red nosed wanker.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:56 AM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Kylie,The UNKNOWN Wally from Wallington!
COYP

Last edited by 01CPFC; 09-12-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:02 AM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
First time I've wanted to give negative rep, if you can do that, on a discussion on a Palace manager. He, like us, is hanging in there and for the first time all season we aren't bottom! That to me is a reason for cheer, not a reason to do a chicken little impersonation.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 09-12-2017, 08:21 AM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Roy’s doing a fantastic job. An eloquent gent who is also pragmatic and intelligent in his approach. We couldn’t wish for a better man to be at the helm at this time.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
this is why I get angry and get ridiculed and highlight his poor preparation, surely there is a system in place and would have been worked out when the starting XI is revealed, its very very basic stuff, the stuff pub sides and Little League teams have sorted, Benteke is one of the very worst penalty takers in world football always has been, truley abysmal, the second he steps up to take it I know he will miss, how and why was he allowed to be even near being able to take it? a very very expensive mistake and one that should never been allowed to happen.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:17 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
I like Roy and respect him very much, but he's got to be beating teams like that. Shocking from Roy today, especially the penalty farce.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy had a decent plan today ... That 2nd Defoe goal was sheet brilliance.

That's 'moment' from Benteke - doesn't sound like this was Roy's idea.

Fuming.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
I like Roy and respect him very much, but he's got to be beating teams like that. Shocking from Roy today, especially the penalty farce.
Totally agree re: lack of planning. And to think Milo was still on the pitch makes it even worse. CRAZY. Perhaps the worst in-game decision I've seen in all my years following Palace, I think its actually worse than the Zohar miss as it was the last minute of the game.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:22 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Same old poor formation. RLC on the left when he's not suited to that position. Why not play 4-2-3-1 you stubborn old goat.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
What are you ***** on about?

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield