Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:31 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
You keep saying that. I didn’t hear a single fan at the game calling for it and Roy doesn’t read the bbs during matches.
Doesn't mean it wasn't being yelled.. I shouted at 2-0 and 2-1 "what are you waiting for Hodgson? united to equalise, make some changes!". Equally i was saying it to my old man way before it got to the point of frustration that i shouted it!

This has been a running theme as well. Not just on monday night. People have posted their concerns on here way before this game.

Last edited by scro; 07-03-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 AM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I support Roy's use of subs (of lack of them). He's made subs in games which have clearly helped on the pitch, games against Watford, Southampton and Man City come to mind. However, as we all know, he has a very poor bench, for the most part due to injury. Its no wonder he's reluctant to use it - he alludes to this in one of his interviews after the Man Utd game. Having already bought on Riedewald for Schlupp, who had just come back from injury, he only realistically had Lee to use.

In that game I thought we looked ok in the last 15 minutes. There were some issue's with tiredness but we were defending fairly well were not under siege and still took the game to them (Benteke's header being the best example, if that goes in we have at least a point). Utd's second goal had a huge element of luck both in the rebound off the post and Lukaku's shot avoiding everyone (how Hennessey couldn't get low enough to stop it is beyond me...). The winner was very unlikely, most of the time it goes out for a throw in. The point is that we were in the game and none of the subs looked capable of improving the set up.

More generally, when we assess the game we don't have the counter factual. Its easy to say 'Sorloth was knacked, why didn't he bringn on Lee for the last 10 minutes' but what if Lee had fluffed a pass, missed a tackle that lead to the 3rd goal in the 80th minute rather than the 91st? We'd be criticising Roy for making the sub. I think Roy's approach is to keep the same 11 on the pitch if they're playing well since subs can disrupt the cohesion of the team with and without the ball. I thought the team played a lot of good football last night and that Sorloth adds a balance to the side we haven't seen in the absence of Zaha. The Manager made a lot of the right decisions, we almost took points from Man Utd who beat us at the death through luck and quality - two things we're currently lacking.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Doesn't mean it wasn't being yelled.. I shouted at 2-0 and 2-1 "what are you waiting for Hodgson? united to equalise, make some changes!". Equally i was saying it to my old man way before it got to the point of frustration that i shouted it!

This has been a running theme as well. Not just on monday night. People have posted their concerns on here way before this game.
Plenty of people calling for changes, obvious that change was needed.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
After the second one he looked really annoyed and kinda smashed his hands on the dugout - Did he gesture to SP in the stand? Kinda looked like he did something.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:05 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
I support Roy's use of subs (of lack of them). He's made subs in games which have clearly helped on the pitch, games against Watford, Southampton and Man City come to mind. However, as we all know, he has a very poor bench, for the most part due to injury. Its no wonder he's reluctant to use it - he alludes to this in one of his interviews after the Man Utd game. Having already bought on Riedewald for Schlupp, who had just come back from injury, he only realistically had Lee to use.

In that game I thought we looked ok in the last 15 minutes. There were some issue's with tiredness but we were defending fairly well were not under siege and still took the game to them (Benteke's header being the best example, if that goes in we have at least a point). Utd's second goal had a huge element of luck both in the rebound off the post and Lukaku's shot avoiding everyone (how Hennessey couldn't get low enough to stop it is beyond me...). The winner was very unlikely, most of the time it goes out for a throw in. The point is that we were in the game and none of the subs looked capable of improving the set up.

More generally, when we assess the game we don't have the counter factual. Its easy to say 'Sorloth was knacked, why didn't he bringn on Lee for the last 10 minutes' but what if Lee had fluffed a pass, missed a tackle that lead to the 3rd goal in the 80th minute rather than the 91st? We'd be criticising Roy for making the sub. I think Roy's approach is to keep the same 11 on the pitch if they're playing well since subs can disrupt the cohesion of the team with and without the ball. I thought the team played a lot of good football last night and that Sorloth adds a balance to the side we haven't seen in the absence of Zaha. The Manager made a lot of the right decisions, we almost took points from Man Utd who beat us at the death through luck and quality - two things we're currently lacking.
Disagree , managers make fate not let it him. Papa would have run himself into the ground for 15 /20 mins . Don’t think many would criticise Roy for making a sub had it gone wrong becos must of thought we couldn’t hold out anyway . As a deflated Townsend said we became disjointed at 2 nil- should have tried to shut up shop

Last edited by aj4england; 07-03-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:03 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
To be fair, Roy has won me over with the largely brilliant job heís done with us. However, his one weakness is his subs. Whilst it can be argued that lack of quality on the bench hasnít helped, last night the Riedewald sub needed to be made way sooner - possibly straight after our second went in. Then going into the last 5 minutes - throw an extra defender on. Pulis did it with Paddy McCarthy vs Hull when we won, & Allardyce last year vs Chelsea with Delaney. He needs to be more proactive with his subs rather than reactive. I do hold him slightly responsible for last night - others will no doubt find that harsh.
Fair post imo. Love Roy and I'll happily sing his name until the day he leaves (which I hope isn't any time in the next couple of years) but he really should have moved to the midfield 3/5 sooner. Hopefully we see more of a reaction when we're 3-0 up at the Bridge tomorrow if the team look knackered and Chelsea are opening us up
Old 09-03-2018, 06:00 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
Fair post imo. Love Roy and I'll happily sing his name until the day he leaves (which I hope isn't any time in the next couple of years) but he really should have moved to the midfield 3/5 sooner. Hopefully we see more of a reaction when we're 3-0 up at the Bridge tomorrow if the team look knackered and Chelsea are opening us up
Yep I feel his weakness is the timing and (non) use of substitutions. It cost us at Newcastle I felt. He also done it with England against Iceland when he hesitated with Rashford.

Still there's not a better man for the job currently, his attention to detail combined with his knowledge of the game and general intelligence is admired by the squad clearly. Just hopefully SP has learnt the type of manager needed and required next.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The great Steve Coppell was also a little slow to use subs IMO. If we end up looking back on Roy's tenure with as much affection as we do Steve's, he won't have done a bad job.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:22 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Roy wrong formation against a back 3 . To stubborn to change. Hen like a log
Old 10-03-2018, 06:26 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do miss that fat headed greedy c*nt Allardyce. I respect Hodgson but I don’t think he or the board will want him here after the season. Just a feeling. He’s a very frustrating manager it’s gotta be said
Old 10-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
I do miss that fat headed greedy c*nt Allardyce. I respect Hodgson but I donít think he or the board will want him here after the season. Just a feeling. Heís a very frustrating manager itís gotta be said
Like comparing a Rolls Royce to a clapped out old Lada, god I wish he was at the helm for these concluding games
Old 10-03-2018, 07:28 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Needs to **** of this 4-4-2.

4-5-1 from now
Old 10-03-2018, 07:40 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
got it so so so so so so wrong today so wrong. so so so wrong. it was madness.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:06 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
got it so so so so so so wrong today so wrong. so so so wrong. it was madness.
Did we just lose 2-1 against Chelsea away after having a goal wrongfully disallowed?

What were you expecting?
Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Did we just lose 2-1 against Chelsea away after having a goal wrongfully disallowed?

What were you expecting?
Lol

Handed the first half to Chelsea on a plate, should have been 4 or 5 down by then.

Madness playing that formation with two big lumps up front.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Roy wrong formation against a back 3 . To stubborn to change. Hen like a log
In a nutshell
Old 10-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
442 was mistake today but it could catch out Huddersfield.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hodgson is adding to our problems at the minute I am afraid. Tactically very poor.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:26 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Just as starting 4-4-2 at home to Man U was totally the right thing to do, starting that way away to a Chelsea with a point to prove was the wrong thing. Never mind, hes got far more right than wrong this season.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.

Its 'man city' not 'city'. You arent from manchester.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:28 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
Like comparing a Rolls Royce to a clapped out old Lada, god I wish he was at the helm for these concluding games
You are an effing idiot.