Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
iPhone X and other toys

I'm a sucker for new Apple stuff, so I shall be watching the 'Apple Keynote' this evening from 6:00pm. However, if the new iPhone X is approaching 1k, I may make do with my 7+ for a bit longer.

Am I the only one here interested in what's new from the Cupertino company?
Old 12-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'll be watching but not sure I'll be buying anything this year. Happy with the Nike Watch, can't see them improving the airpods that much to replace them so soon. iPhone will be expensive so doubt that will be a goer and finally my iPad could do with replacing so that might be where they get me if anything.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
If the new watch has its own sim, I might be interested. Also quite keen on a new Apple TV.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Apple fan since the Apple II so I'll be watching, even though I probably can't afford anything!!.......hopefully they'll release the new Watch OS software today

Last edited by RednBlue; 12-09-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:06 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Apparently a big new feature will be face recognition which Samsung has already done......
Old 12-09-2017, 05:57 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Watch looks quite nice to be fair.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 PM

They are all SO excited.

Definitely want the watch - but it's just EE in the UK and I'm on Three. Almost certainly it will be necessary to switch to use the same number as your phone.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Always love it when something doesn't work in these live shows. Face recognition may not be instant and infallible apparently.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like the watch and the iPhone X opps
Old 12-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Erect Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Always love it when something doesn't work in these live shows. Face recognition may not be instant and infallible apparently.
Pretty much like the finger print scanner though. Im sure it will be better than that and more reliable
Old 12-09-2017, 06:49 PM

Is there a big difference between face recognition with Apple and what Samsung have been doing? Or the charging plate which Samsung have been doing for years?

The 8 is pointless but the X looks better.

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 12-09-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:16 PM

It's showing in the apple Store now and the pricing is the same in as it is in $. The cheapest version is 999 - or $999 in the US.

The 256GB version is 1,149.00!

That's a lot.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Erect Member

Yeah i won't be paying that no chance
Old 12-09-2017, 07:22 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Cash, Cheque, or spleen ?
Old 12-09-2017, 07:22 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Will they take first born ?
Old 12-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
It's 1149.

For a phone
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
a big fan of Apple, had my iPhone 6s plus stolen this year and the Android equivalent that I had to buy as a replacement simply doesn't come close, rubbish in comparison, but the products are too expensive now, insanely so
Old 12-09-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
a big fan of Apple, had my iPhone 6s plus stolen this year and the Android equivalent that I had to buy as a replacement simply doesn't come close, rubbish in comparison, but the products are too expensive now, insanely so
No offence but laughable when people say android equivalent wasn't as Good, what phone was it?

Apple have embarrassed themselves this time around and I'm loving the Twitter comments. Copying 2 year old wireless charging, Months old face recognitions and the look of a Samsung yet they use words like revolutionary. They are the Man United of football though....no matter what they do people act like sheep and buy the products. Samsung and even LG etc are at least 1-2 years ahead of them.

Edit: A mate just told me they have a glass back now. That's only 2 years behind.

Fair play if people prefer Apple as it's a simple product but when people buy a cheap android and compare it then what do you expect.

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 12-09-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:53 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
No offence but laughable when people say android equivalent wasn't as Good, what phone was it?

Apple have embarrassed themselves this time around and I'm loving the Twitter comments. Copying 2 year old wireless charging, Months old face recognitions and the look of a Samsung yet they use words like revolutionary. They are the Man United of football though....no matter what they do people act like sheep and buy the products. Samsung and even LG etc are at least 1-2 years ahead of them.
its a Samsung , but I wont be a sheep and buying a new iPhone the products are too expensive,the Samsung is garbage in comparison though, constantly crashes, terrible battery life, shite apps and software updates, I'd quite happily wait a year or two if a rival product has ironed out past technology issues to make it flawless now though, how far are smartphones going to go? there is only so much any of them can do and its all basically the same shite

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 12-09-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
its a Samsung , but I wont be a sheep and buying a new iPhone the products are too expensive,the Samsung is garbage in comparison though
What Samsung?