Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:12 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
My point was mainly about the lack of net investment in the August window at the beginning of the season.

The finances go season to season rather than calendar year so it is best to look at the net spend in that context.

We went into last season with a net spend of 8.5m and then wonder why it was a struggle and the squad was imbalanced? That lead to paying inflated fees in the January to make the corrections needed.
Fair enough - it would also help if we were bringing through the odd academy player or finding one or two cheaper gems from the championship or abroad to supplement the squad. Tarkowski at Burnley or dare I say it Pascal Gross being prime examples
Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 AM
17 years for 3,250 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
Makes me laugh "Hodgson has 40 mil war chest" It's a game of footy for heavens sake not a war. People will not die. Same as the word "Hero " is bandied about at footie games. They don't have a clue what heroism is. Being a hero because you kick a ball about and get thousands for it. Give me a break! Football and sport is not the be all and end all of life. If it is then there will be many moody people.
Also makes me laugh when people use the term "footie."
Old 07-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
Also makes me laugh when people use the term "footie."
People moan how much I get paid in my job. Yet happy to go spend 100 a weekend to go and watch 11 blokes paid 100k+ PER WEEK to kick a ball around a field for 90 minutes.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 AM

redsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wow it's easy to make you laugh
Old 07-11-2017, 11:33 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Fair enough - it would also help if we were bringing through the odd academy player or finding one or two cheaper gems from the championship or abroad to supplement the squad. Tarkowski at Burnley or dare I say it Pascal Gross being prime examples
Trouble with bringing through academy players is that EPPP has led to very few clubs at the top holding the majority of the good young players.

Take the 21 players who just won the U17 World Cup, Sancho who left the squad early returned to Borrusia Dortmund moved there from Man City. Of the remaining 20, FIVE were from Chelsea, 3 from Man City, 2 from Spurs and 10 clubs had 1 player including us in Nya Kirby. Of those who started games 4 were from Chelsea and the 3 from Man City, joined by 1 from Liverpool and 1 from Fulham.

Only Nya and Crellin from Fleetwood Town made it into the squad from a non Cat 1 Academy.

It is really tough for a club like Palace in the current system to develop players talented enough to throw into and to see make it in the PL.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:46 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Being linked with SIimanni what ever his name is today
Old 08-11-2017, 09:01 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Being linked with SIimanni what ever his name is today
I like him but the fee Leicester wanted in the summer and his age wouldn't really be worth it in my eyes.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Desperate times
Old 11-11-2017, 10:17 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
With Benteke nearing his comeback I wonder if everyone believes we will still need a top forward with a 20M+ fee put down. I think we've just needed adequate backup to fill his boots for his injury and provide the competition to keep him on his toes that every players needs. I still think in Mitrovic there's a hungry young player with a real scope to improve and develop for a very reasonable fee. 40M may get us further than what we think. We need to add depth to the squad and have options off the bench who can change a game.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
With Benteke nearing his comeback I wonder if everyone believes we will still need a top forward with a 20M+ fee put down. I think we've just needed adequate backup to fill his boots for his injury and provide the competition to keep him on his toes that every players needs. I still think in Mitrovic there's a hungry young player with a real scope to improve and develop for a very reasonable fee. 40M may get us further than what we think. We need to add depth to the squad and have options off the bench who can change a game.
We need two strikers IMO. One as good as we can afford and the second as a decent back up.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:29 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Looks like Ronnow was not in Denmark squad tonight. If they get through against Ireland, he may need a move to a major league to get his place on the plane.