Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-09-2017, 02:57 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
On a similar note, it will be interesting to see how he manages Steve Parish.
Something tells me that their relationship will be far from fractious. Roy strikes me as somebody (at least in his advancing years) who is beyond the stress of needing money to 'build' something in his vision. He seems to get most out of the day to day interaction with the squad.

Likewise I think Parish will quite like RH's understated nature and calm almost father-like figure.
Old 15-09-2017, 02:59 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I cannot rewrite history. I despised him as England Manager. I thought he showed himself to be a one dimensional dinosaur whose expertise looked stuck way back sometime in the 80's (possibly later but you get my drift). He just never looked like making a success of it.

However two things have taken me by surprise already. How well he has spoken and how reassuring that has been since arriving and secondly the groundswell of support he is receiving amongst the palace faithful already. This has taken me by surprise but i am finding myself unexpectedly infected by it and prepared to go along with it.
Roy was not the problem at England. England has been a problem for years.

Sadly, anyone managing England get tainted by it. Glad that it is being washed off by Palace and we can get some support for the guy. COYP!
Old 15-09-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I'm certainly warming to him - I find him humble, confident and just well mannered. No idea if it will translate to results but it is nice to have a likeable man in charge.

Good to hear that Tomkins and particularly RLC are available.
Old 15-09-2017, 03:22 PM

montrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontrealeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Zaha still out - and to think when he complained about being kicked off the park the ref threatened to book him !!
Old 15-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Now for the winter madness....
Autumn first.

Falmer, the home of Hove Albion.
Old 15-09-2017, 03:34 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Hoping Sako is back - he's been pictured in training. No one seems to ask about him though - bit of a forgotten player sadly. We could use him in Wilf's absence.
He's probably working on his next injury!

If people can write off Riedewald after one game, or MacArthur as being a journeyman, or Ward as being ineffective and past it, we should certainly be giving this guy notice, he got off to a lucky start with a couple of streaky goals and a cross or two, but he's too slow to be get through the sort of defensive/offensive work that AT, Wilf and Bolaise when he was here do...he seems to have no acceleration.

Shame... he seemed to have all the makings of being a decent player for us based on reports from Wolves fans, but he's been a complete washout
Old 15-09-2017, 03:35 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Good point. I know most of us don't like him but I'm still holding out hope. He's got a great shot on him and is very direct. If he can only stay fit for a prolonged period he could be useful. How many players do we say that about though...
I would say most of us want him to be fit like he was in his first few games. His condition is a disgrace if he worked hard like Pape has he would have played.
Old 15-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
Zaha still out - and to think when he complained about being kicked off the park the ref threatened to book him !!
That referee was Jon Moss (not the Culture Club drummer).
Old 15-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
He's a unit. Maybe he needs games to get fit but can't get games because he's not good enough or injured again.
Old 15-09-2017, 03:41 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
That referee was Jon Moss (not the Culture Club drummer).
No it was the Culture Club drummer.
Old 15-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Same.

Was he interviewed for the job in the summer?
I heard he was advising SP on his managerial search. He suggested Silva and Pellegrini/o, when they slipped through the net FdB got the job.
Old 15-09-2017, 04:02 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Very, very impressed.

The whole England ridicule from what we know is an absolute c**t of a media has probably influenced a lot of us to be concnerned or even have a negative opinion of Hodgson with myself included in that.

I'm convinced he will get this right, if the players can't take to a man like that they are the problem. His confidence talking about staying in this league was refreshing to see and must breed through to the players.
Sorry but I for one don't get influenced by media as most of them are ptats. I base my opinion on what I saw and I wasn't impressed
Old 15-09-2017, 04:03 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
What a good interview.

I think, though you don't like to say it, most of the doubts were on his age. Is he past it? Is he losing his marbles? Partly people of that age can become a little forgetful should we say, doddery even.

I think the English media can take some blame too. Once they decided Roy wasn't the man anymore lots of the coverage seemed to emphasise him looking a bit confused! The power of the media I suppose.

This was about palace. He looks old (though not bad at all for 70) but he's sharp. He's said all of the right things and with his experience that's me convinced he's the guy for the job. He's also a palace man and it's exciting now.

In hindsight he was probably the most qualified manager interested in the job. I fear however the combination of his age meaning he won't be managing with the potential to be here for the next 10 years and with the promise of playing like Ajax frank sold he was overlooked.

I'm delighted, though regretful that Steve & co acted quickly when the problems were inevitable and we've got the right guy in with much of the season to play.

It's a happier place at palace before a ball has been kicked. The next four games are also something of a free pass and hopefully that will be the mindset for the players too so they don't lose confidence as much as they might have without the managerial change and likely being rock bottom after eight games.

Happy days
Old 15-09-2017, 04:20 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Also a henchman for the Krays
Also a hint of Martin Kemp spandau or east enders
Old 15-09-2017, 04:22 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Roy was not the problem at England. England has been a problem for years.

Sadly, anyone managing England get tainted by it. Glad that it is being washed off by Palace and we can get some support for the guy. COYP!
I agree with both of you. He was utterly clueless for England and it was horrible football to watch. But you are right and England have been a problem for years now along with their boring style of football. I actually think outside forces dictate the style and personnel for England so I'm prepared to give Roy the benefit of doubt.

I actually think we'll be OK. Once everyone is fully fit we have a very stron starting 11 which shouldn't be flirting anywhere near relegation.
Old 15-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am now more confident we will avoid relegation, he came across well. Of course that feeling could be gone by tomorrow
Old 15-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
I agree with both of you. He was utterly clueless for England and it was horrible football to watch. But you are right and England have been a problem for years now along with their boring style of football. I actually think outside forces dictate the style and personnel for England so I'm prepared to give Roy the benefit of doubt.

I actually think we'll be OK. Once everyone is fully fit we have a very stron starting 11 which shouldn't be flirting anywhere near relegation.
I went to watch England v France under him and thought we looked really good, so much so I even started to get a bit optimistic about the Euros (you'd think I'd have learned by now). Managing some of the prima donnas that play for England can't be easy.
Old 15-09-2017, 05:15 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I went to watch England v France under him and thought we looked really good, so much so I even started to get a bit optimistic about the Euros (you'd think I'd have learned by now). Managing some of the prima donnas that play for England can't be easy.
England always look half decent in friendlies though no matter who has been in charge. It's when it counts they look hopeless.
Old 15-09-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I am now more confident we will avoid relegation, he came across well. Of course that feeling could be gone by tomorrow
I think a lot of that will be down to the fitness of our key players. We need at least 4 (maybe 5) of Wilf, Sakho Benteke, Cabaye and Loftus-Cheek to be fit for the majority of the season from here.

Another positive with Hodgson though, when we are a bit adrift after only 8 games, possibly even on zero points, I like to think that a manager of his experience will not panic in the way someone less experienced might.
Old 15-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Palace Addict

trufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
It's a happier place at palace before a ball has been kicked.
I sincerely hope we're still thinking that this time tomorrow. I fear we could enter a tailspin if things don't turn quickly. We've played our Joker early this time - rather than in December as per usual. It simply has to work.

Fingers crossed . . .