Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-09-2017, 07:59 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Make photos smaller before printing them ?

Ok so the wife is 50 years old soon and i have decided to do her a photo album of all the years gone by. The family are providing me with loads of pictures but as you can imagine they are of various sizes and the photo album only holds 6 x 4 pictures

i will scan the pictures from printer to pc

Whats the best way to shrink these down before ordering them online without losing quality ?
Old 21-09-2017, 08:02 PM

justjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjustjuice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Ok so the wife is 50 years old soon and i have decided to do her a photo album of all the years gone by. The family are providing me with loads of pictures but as you can imagine they are of various sizes and the photo album only holds 6 x 4 pictures

i will scan the pictures from printer to pc

Whats the best way to shrink these down before ordering them online without losing quality ?
I don't think you need to shrink them - just order the sizes you want and their printer should scale.
Old 21-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Giving it

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
What justjuice said. Unless this company puts some kind of restriction on the maximum size of image you're allowed to upload for this, then you should probably just scan them in at a lower resolution instead of shrinking them afterwards. It'll be in your scanner settings somewhere.

If you still need help, feel free to ask mcmean in the Gypsy Curse thread.
Old 21-09-2017, 08:20 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
ok thats great guys i just remember a few years ago i ordered some and they came out very distorted but they was direct from a camera

It made me ask as i will be scanning them
Old 21-09-2017, 09:09 PM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
ok thats great guys i just remember a few years ago i ordered some and they came out very distorted but they was direct from a camera

It made me ask as i will be scanning them
That sounds like an 'Aspect Ratio' issue as 6x4 is an aspect ratio of 3:2 and most modern cameras will be 4:3 or 16:9 wider angle. When you try to compress these wider angles into a 6x4 you will get a distorted image (usually squashed and stretched features) as the wider image is squeezed into the narrower frame. Dependant on the aspect ratio of the original prints it may be necessary to do some slight cropping of the scan to match the 6x4 printing. Most photo editing programs will give you the choice of altering the ratio or the option of resizing the scan to fit albeit undersized to fit (with borders) or oversized (part of the scan overlapping the print).
Old 21-09-2017, 10:19 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Scan them in at the best resolution/quality you can. You can reduce it later if needed, but you can't improve on a lower quality image.

If your photo is a different shape to what the printer outputs you'll normally have the option to crop it, rather than end up with a squashed/distorted version.

The online photo ordering is pretty simple these days. Have you thought about ordering a photo book rather than individual prints to put in an album?
Old 22-09-2017, 12:25 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I would go for a photo book option as Scroatey suggested. With the right company you can keep each project as a saved file for the future should you wish.

And you can play around with the sizing and pick and chose your photos and formats as you wish. And it's quite fun. My brother loved his when I brought back a photobook of his two visits bato Chile with my dearly departed old mum (my wedding, and family touring).

They make nice Christmas pressies as well.

Last edited by PeterH; 22-09-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 22-09-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroatey View Post
Have you thought about ordering a photo book rather than individual prints to put in an album?

Yes i did but you only get a very limited number of photos you can add so i have ordered a personalised one with picture on front where i will be able to add up to 200 photos
Old 22-09-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I would go for a photo book option as Scroatey suggested. With the right company you can keep each project as a saved file for the future should you wish.

And you can play around with the sizing and pick and chose your photos and formats as you wish. And it's quite fun. My brother loved his when I brought back a photobook of his two visits bato Chile with my dearly departed old mum (my wedding, and family touring).

They make nice Christmas pressies as well.
yes i did look but one that has over 200 photos would cost a fortune lol
Old 22-09-2017, 10:31 PM

i went for something like this
Old 22-09-2017, 10:51 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Looks amazing
Old 23-09-2017, 03:18 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Looks huge.
Old 23-09-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Looks huge.