Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-09-2017, 11:09 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
This'll kill you all.

Simply Red at the Viña Del Mar music festival a few years back. Saw it on TV - they were tremendous.
Old 25-09-2017, 05:21 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With the exception of Elvis, Jeff Buckley and Mozart, I've seen all the others mentioned so far.

Would loved to have seen Stevie Nicks
Old 25-09-2017, 05:51 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
This'll kill you all.

Simply Red at the Viña Del Mar music festival a few years back. Saw it on TV - they were tremendous.
I'm not a fan of Simply Red but I saw Hucknall sing live on Parky years ago, he must've been good because I still remember it. Really good voice, effortless in its quality.
Old 25-09-2017, 05:52 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
With the exception of Elvis, Jeff Buckley and Mozart, I've seen all the others mentioned so far.

Would loved to have seen Stevie Nicks
You saw Nick Drake live?
Old 25-09-2017, 05:53 AM

nibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenibalama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Curtis Mayfield
Old 25-09-2017, 05:59 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think you would need to have seen these artists at their peaks.
I've been passing up opportunities to see the Stones since 1980 because they were already past it. I saw the Kinks in 1992 and they were awful.
Old 25-09-2017, 06:38 AM

colonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolonel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
Michael Jackson, was just over a month away.
Definitely - but in his peak
Old 25-09-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
Definitely - but in his peak
I saw Michael Jackson at Wembley on the Bad tour in 1988.

He was energetic and entertaining but it didn't blow me away tbh. Wembley stadium and large venues like that only really suit certain types of performers maybe. Queen being the obvious example I suppose.
Old 25-09-2017, 09:46 AM
9dw

Roadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRoadblock : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
I'm not a fan of Simply Red but I saw Hucknall sing live on Parky years ago, he must've been good because I still remember it. Really good voice, effortless in its quality.
I saw Mick Hucknall and Van Morrison at a tribute gig to Bobby Bland a couple of years ago at the Albert Hall. Hucknall was excellent, I thought he outperformed Morrison, who is one of my favourite singers. To cap a strange night, Morrison actually cracked a smile.
Old 25-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wish I'd seen:

The Human League Mk.I (before Ian and Martyn left to form Heaven 17);

Early Depeche Mode while Vince Clarke (my music god) was in them;

Abba.
Old 25-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John Martyn

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 25-09-2017, 10:14 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wished I'd seen the early Elvis before the Army call-up or in his comeback in 1969 when he wore black and before the Las Vegas white jump suit phase. Saw Sinatra though at RAH in 1980. Terrific!

Wished I seen The Beatles in 1963/64 but then would not have heard them. Just as when I saw The Rolling Stones at Fairfield Halls in 1964 but didn't hear a thing for the screaming throughout their set. I can still remember how weird it was to see Jagger with maracas, belting out the lyrics to 'I wanna be your man' and 'not fade away' but not hear a word!
Old 25-09-2017, 10:25 AM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Smiths

I also nearly went & saw a band called The Stone Roses in my first year at Uni, a month after they'd released that first album. I went down to call on a mate but he'd already left.
Old 25-09-2017, 10:28 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Led Zeppelin
Old 25-09-2017, 10:30 AM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Jam. Was 12 when they split up, and have got my hopes up at every rumour of them playing together again, only to have Paul Weller crush any potential chance.
It is also made worse by the fact that both my brother and sister saw them multiple times.
Old 25-09-2017, 10:40 AM

laths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Led Zeppelin
They headlined at Knebworth 1979 , I was there but the time they came on I was effing knackered, they were late on. Been in the park since about 7.30am.

Last edited by laths; 25-09-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 25-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
You saw Nick Drake live?
Royal Festival Hall
24 September 1969.
Supporting Fairport Convention and John & Beverly Martyn.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
John Martyn
Good friend of mine saw him walking in a park in Sydney. Went up to say hullo and asked what he was doing. Found out he was playing a gig later that night. John Martyn said he would leave some tickets at the door if my mate wanted to go.

He went to the gig and the tickets were waiting for him. Top man is John.

Last edited by Bintang; 25-09-2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 25-09-2017, 11:07 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjuice View Post
The Doors
Jim Morrison was the Gerri Halliwell of the 1960s and i claim my five pounds.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Royal Festival Hall
24 September 1969.
Supporting Fairport Convention and John & Beverly Martyn.
Good lord. That's pretty amazing.

What do you remember? I've heard he wasn't great live due to general shyness and having to retune guitars for each song.

There's no footage of him playing live as far as I know. Was he any good?