Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-09-2017, 12:07 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Oddly enough in all the years supporting Palace I have felt far worse than this in terms of how shit we play. Even in recent years the Taylor and Freedman dross was far harder to watch. Wilf will be back soon and Sakho will settle the back line down. We will come good and catch some of the others up.
I agree, we were crap and boring under those 2 managers and i also agree that it is possible for us to go on a good run at some point, it would be very typical rollercoaster Palace to do so.
Old 27-09-2017, 02:59 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I agree, we were crap and boring under those 2 managers and i also agree that it is possible for us to go on a good run at some point, it would be very typical rollercoaster Palace to do so.
My thoughts exactly. Write us off at your peril clubs who think we are down. Just wish we could do something about our current home form which is getting beyond a joke. The Chelsea game is going to be pivotal in kickstart in game our season.
Old 27-09-2017, 03:48 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Anyone else getting tired of the same greeting I'm getting from all work colleagues?

Morning "insert name here" how are you?

Yeah good you?

Yeah not bad, cor Palace are shit aren't they!

Yes...thanks....hadn't noticed

I wager many of you are going through this tedious exchange as much as me.
Just point out to them we are the only side out of all the top divisions in Europe with a 100% record.
Old 27-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down lowGrim Reaper will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I've got it:

We'll stay up with a record low amount of points.
We already hold that record!!

We also (as everyone knows) hold the record for highest number of points to get relegated (49!!!)

And we used to hold the record for lowest total ever (19 in 80-81) but despite three points for a win coming along the year after that both Stoke and Derby have managed to beat that!!
The One More Point book is underway....and only 12 years late. This will be a book about not just One More Point but a look at all fanzines and their impact. It will look at what it was like being a Palace fan and football fan back in the 80s/90s. If you have comments, memories or just to remind me some (most likely drunken) incident back in the day then please PM me. And if you can think of a decent title then please step right up!
Old 27-09-2017, 11:16 PM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
This place we find ourselves in is desperate. Desperate situations make for equally desperate reactions. These reactions, when all is said and done, are irrelevant ‘details’ to the actual situation. These reactions are what I refer to as the ‘noise’. It is particularly pernicious because it is fuelled by both those who take an active interest in the club and casual observers alike. As such it has the absolute potential to swarm and suffocate those in the middle of this particular storm as they are getting it from all angles. Roy’s job is defined by guiding them through this with their esteem in relative tact. He gets this right, there is no doubt in my mind that we will survive. If he doesn’t manage this, then this season will be catastrophic. It really is as simple as that.

The noise that is experienced more broadly and often externally are the statistics around setting new records for all the wrong reasons. Around the home form. Around Hodgson and his England failure. Around the club and the de Boer fiasco. The noise that is more internal for those with a vested interest in the club is all of the above with the added arguments about Pardew. Parish’s record over the last 5 years. The scapegoating of players whose transfers haven’t worked out. About Pulis. About Allardyce. About other staff at the club. About the American’s. It manifests as bold predictions of doom that suggest that this team is not only the poorest in the league, but also would struggle in the championship. Salient points scattered amongst overreaction. As ever, truth can lie in different places simultaneously.

It is absolutely fine for those who share the pain and frustration but without much hope of affecting change to vent. Nothing worse than pent up frustration. It is almost therapeutic to vent to those with a similar interest particularly when nearest and dearest in life are ambivalent towards Palace. However, I do feel that sooner or later this frustration and anger has to subside for pragmatism. We need to deal with the acceptance of a shit situation (or ‘Shituation’ if you will), put to one side the scrutiny, the character assassinations and the self-flagellation and turn towards facing down the adversity. It is not cliché to say that we have faced worse situations than this. That doesn’t mean we should be happy about the last 6 games / 2 years, but it does mean that we need to realise that we have been facing down the barrel before and found that not too far down the line things were much better. To know that things can improve – eventually if not immediately. This is crucial perspective and experience. It is what Hodgson will draw on. It is what players who’ve come through relegation battles will draw upon. It is what we should draw upon.

I think Roy is as safe a pair of hands as we could hope for. I don't think a fire and brimstone type manager could exert the effect that they perhaps could have a couple of years ago. These players are too browbeaten. They'd just sink. Roy appears to be a calm, experienced head. He speaks quietly with individuals and is (apparently) a great man-motivator. I am encouraged by his start (results to one side). He's within a week identified our strongest XI. Got a good shape out of the side. Made predictions that are bearing fruit (much like Allardyce did when he came in). I think if the team stick together and buy into what Roy and Ray are trying to do, they can get out of this hole. We are desperately short in a few areas. It makes the task that much harder but there is still quality in this squad. There are still players who can match most in this league. There is no reason why Hodgson can’t get a tune out of these players. The only thing that can really strangle it and make it impossible is if the noise drowns the players. We can help (a little) by turning away from the focus on what has gone wrong and start turning it towards what still could be achieved. It won’t stop it entirely. It may not even make a huge difference, but it has to be better for all concerned than adding to the already sizeable noise that surrounds the team.
We need to address set pieces they are vital to enhancing our goal scoring .
Old 28-09-2017, 07:14 AM

Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Sikemutherland is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Anyone else getting tired of the same greeting I'm getting from all work colleagues?

Morning "insert name here" how are you?

Yeah good you?

Yeah not bad, cor Palace are shit aren't they!

Yes...thanks....hadn't noticed

I wager many of you are going through this tedious exchange as much as me.

The struggle is all too real. Arsenal fans used to be the whipping boys in the office but now they're involved as well! So I'm hoping for at least a conciliation goal this weekend
Old 28-09-2017, 07:29 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's ok. We are going to win on Saturday 1-0 with a goal from Scott Dann.
Old 28-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTEAGLE View Post
It's ok. We are going to win on Saturday 1-0 with a goal from Scott Dann.
Thanks Steve, I always knew your plan was genius
Old 03-01-2018, 01:06 PM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
bump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMason98 View Post
Keep calm.
We've seen it all before.

We were brilliant defensively against City in the first half.
We had a plan, were organised and executed the plan brilliantly in the first half.
Probably a bit unlucky to go in 1-0 down.... maybe.

Second half.
City pushed Aguero out wide and had sterling sprinting from central mid field to arrive in the box late at exactly the right time... exposing our central defence partnership's weakness of sprinting back and facing our own goal.

Don't expect us to get anything against Man United or Chelsea and we need points away at Newcastle and at home to West Ham.

It's no use to anyone taking the "outraged from Haywards Heath" attitude.
We have to go with what we have and get behind the manager and team we have .... as hard as it may be.

Anyway that's my take.
Think positive.
We aim for 12 to 15 points by Christmas.. that's achievable.

It will get better, by how much

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:08 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I can’t ever recall a turn around like this. We’ve broken the worst and best record for us in the Premier League in one season - it’s mad, but shows you what a great job Roy is doing. You should do the ifs, buts and maybes because that is football but if only we had had Roy from the start with a pre season behind us - wow!!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:08 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Worst start to a season in the history of English League Football and then we ****ed it up
Old 03-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Purepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurepalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If this team gets relegated I will be genuinely more devastated than I was with the break up of the team of the 80's.