Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whoever we bring in needs to come in as the window opens. Not at the end of the window. Do we have AFC on in January?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Gyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I'm not being defeatist or negative, but if we are adrift, I'd expect pragmatism from Roy, perhaps a few senior pro's who would be capable of doing a job in the championship next season.

Ala Dowie and Houghton, if you go back that far, experienced, dependable, won't let you down.

As for who, I wouldn't mind Murray back, yes I'm a nostalgic bugger, hey I wouldn't say no to a last hurrah for Crouchie, an old war horse, who can still do a job at 37

Most will scoff, but the best signing value for money wise in recent times was old KP, bit of nous, didn't cost a bean and took us to the promised land.

I'd have loved us to have taken record breaker Gareth Barry in the summer, sometimes you can't put a price on experience
Ha Ha Ha. Yeah right
Old 10-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Obvious point, but January's activity will be contingent on where we are in the league. The grown ups bought us survival last year but we were half way there at Christmas and even then only just. If we're struggling in December I wouldn't expect a repeat performance.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This guy would fit in well.......

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-10-2017, 07:53 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
We won't be signing anyone. No player in their right mind would want to come to Palace at the moment. Don't get your hopes up.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Beeb snippets still have Leicester keen on Townsend..

And us, Baggies and Weed, keen on Gary Hooper!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:13 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Beeb snippets still have Leicester keen on Townsend..

And us, Baggies and Weed, keen on Gary Hooper!
Preparing for the championship......
Old 11-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Living the dream

Bourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Preparing for the championship......
far to early to plan for the championship we need to be there for 2 seasons first
Old 11-10-2017, 01:10 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
As for the January window so much will be dependant on where we sit come the start of the new year, if we are seemingly in a hopeless position then planning will have to be based for life in the championship, as planning needs to start asap.
However, we all hope that we can survive, but we need to be realistic as it is looking like a hopeless situation especially if we were to lose our next 3/4 games, all of this is the consequences of poor leadership, but that is another story.
Make no mistake relegation will be financially disastrous for the club, as i just can't see Palace returning for many many seasons as it will be a completely rebuilding job needed as there are NO Youth players of note to fall back on due mainly to our complacency over our Youth development policy. We will need to hold on to a hardcore of some of our experienced players like Ward, Dann, McArthur along with a few others to give us a base to work from, then look at decent quality young Championship and Foreign players as Huddersfield did to bring in, if we are to succeed.
Whether we fans like it or not as it may be seen as throwing in the towel, but we will need to reduce our wage bill with players like Benteke, Townsend and even Zaha initially will need to be sold, but also so as to get the best fees whilst still a premiership club.
What a shambolic position to be in with NO legacy to show after FOUR seasons of Premiership money along with American investment money. No new Stadium or Stands, Youth development or facilities of note, a squad of players apart from Zaha and possibly Benteke? after 4 years spending with no true added value in the players does not bode well.
As i said lets hope we can pull off an unexpected feat and survive.
chin up nige....think we will have a good November and December
Old 11-10-2017, 01:15 PM

redsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredsox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have to sell before buying there are so many players that we have who are unable to cut it at this level. Sicknote Wickham for example he has a glass body the most overpaid plonker who gets paid stupid money to train in the gym.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
This guy would fit in well.......

In answer to the question on the clip. Yes. Scott Dann against Burnley.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Tristán

TristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Croydon Advertiser today says we may sign Paco Alcácer, as he's been told by Barcelona he can leave in January.

My other team apart from CPFC is Valencia CF, where Alcácer did very well, banging in loads of goals for us. He came from Valencia's youth team and when he joined the senior team he scored 30 goals in 93 appearances, and became a regular in the Spain national side, scoring six times in 13 appearances. Hardly set La Liga alight but not a bad return.

However, Gary Neville in his terrible period in charge of Valencia, stripped him of his captaincy and at the end of the summer Alcácer decided he wanted to move to Barcelona. In spite of the fact that his buy-out clause was 80m€ and he'd recently signed a contract extension till 2020, he decided that Valencia wasn't big enough for him and made an awful fuss, to the extent that the fans got really angry with him and Valencia let him go for just 30m€ to Barcelona, where surprise surprise he barely got a game in, as he was always going to be fourth choice after Neymar, Messi and Suárez. He stopped getting called up for Spain.

So now Barcelona are happy for him to go, and I imagine they'll be happy to make a loss on him. He's a good player, he'll score goals fairly regularly, but I suspect that if come the January window we are still languishing at or near the bottom, he won't want to come. He does seem to think that he's a better player than he is.

I would expect Barcelona to be expecting to make a loss on him, and may let him go for £15m. He is probably NOT as good as Benteke, so he would probably end up on the bench, though there is probably not much between them. If Alcácer were to get his mojo back, inspired by playing in London, he could raise his game. But I suspect that he would end up being a sub most of the time, unless Benteke got injured or suspended and he got a decent run.

Still, there's worse players we can aim for. Just expect him to leave in the summer unless he gets plenty of matches.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:20 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
chin up nige....think we will have a good November and December

I agree Coach, Nigel needs to take his usual positive stance. I disagree with his opinion about lack of Academy talent. Maybe they may not be up to Premier League standard yet, but some could be a force in the Championship should we seriously slip up and get relegated. The Under 18's remain undefeated after 8 games and are top of their league, and Woosie reckons the Under 16 group are the best for many years.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanWhite View Post
Croydon Advertiser today says we may sign Paco Alcácer, as he's been told by Barcelona he can leave in January.

My other team apart from CPFC is Valencia CF, where Alcácer did very well, banging in loads of goals for us. He came from Valencia's youth team and when he joined the senior team he scored 30 goals in 93 appearances, and became a regular in the Spain national side, scoring six times in 13 appearances. Hardly set La Liga alight but not a bad return.

However, Gary Neville in his terrible period in charge of Valencia, stripped him of his captaincy and at the end of the summer Alcácer decided he wanted to move to Barcelona. In spite of the fact that his buy-out clause was 80m€ and he'd recently signed a contract extension till 2020, he decided that Valencia wasn't big enough for him and made an awful fuss, to the extent that the fans got really angry with him and Valencia let him go for just 30m€ to Barcelona, where surprise surprise he barely got a game in, as he was always going to be fourth choice after Neymar, Messi and Suárez. He stopped getting called up for Spain.

So now Barcelona are happy for him to go, and I imagine they'll be happy to make a loss on him. He's a good player, he'll score goals fairly regularly, but I suspect that if come the January window we are still languishing at or near the bottom, he won't want to come. He does seem to think that he's a better player than he is.

I would expect Barcelona to be expecting to make a loss on him, and may let him go for £15m. He is probably NOT as good as Benteke, so he would probably end up on the bench, though there is probably not much between them. If Alcácer were to get his mojo back, inspired by playing in London, he could raise his game. But I suspect that he would end up being a sub most of the time, unless Benteke got injured or suspended and he got a decent run.

Still, there's worse players we can aim for. Just expect him to leave in the summer unless he gets plenty of matches.
Sounds like a decent shout and FAR better than the unattached freebies that are without clubs.

I guess it depends if we are cut adrift or have managed to stay in contention with the players available to call on at the moment. Might need Wilf up top with someone who can hold it up for him. Either that or in some sort of David Villa-esque role.

Crystal Palace 2017/18: The Inconceivables
Old 15-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Safe European Home

Just listened to the rather good HOL radio review show. Right at the end there was talk of Bolasie. Is this remotely possible or just a pipe dream?
Old 15-10-2017, 09:13 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would be a dream to get yala back! But Not sure he will ever be the same player after the injury, not sure as he is all about his movement and his strange leg positions so will be interesting!
Old 16-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
If we stay up, it would be amazing to get yala back next summer.

Sadly I think alas Wild will get a big move if we're offer silly money

Last edited by gold76; 17-10-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:35 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yannicks injury is horrible, a few years ago and there would have been no chance he would play again - would be amazed if he gets anywhere near the level he was with us/

Jan window - a striker and a keeper. Thats all

Summer - can see the squad being ripped up and starting again as Southampton did a few seasons ago. We need so many players

Keeper or backup keeper if we get a number 1 in Jan
RB and backup RB
Poss CB if Tomkins injuries just keep happening
Cabeye Replacement
RLC replacement
2 strikers (assuming we get one in Jan), maybe 3 if Benteke goes
B Sako replacement

Min 8 Players and at least 5 of them quality starters
Old 16-10-2017, 04:56 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Yannicks injury is horrible, a few years ago and there would have been no chance he would play again - would be amazed if he gets anywhere near the level he was with us/

Summer - can see the squad being ripped up and starting again as Southampton did a few seasons ago. We need so many players

RB and backup RB
Cabeye Replacement
RLC replacement
B Sako replacement

Agree with this, some good results under Roy if they come can't and won't hide the fact this squad needs a lot of work done to it. SP will have to pull his finger out and put some money into it big time if he wants to truly cement us as a solid PL club and not worry about relegation each year.

One thing I do trust though going by Saturday is Roy and DF to assemble a squad capable fitting into an ethos which requires working hard which will hopefully minimise the duds who clearly don't give a f**k like Mutch.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 17-10-2017, 04:47 AM
Lost Aussie

brisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebrisbane_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post

RB and backup RB

Cabeye Replacement

RLC replacement

B Sako replacement

Fair enough but where does the money come from for these 8 players? We don’t have it and quality players are so overpriced. We can’t afford this so we have to manage with some of the existing squad. This explains why Ward is still the number 1 RB. And let’s face it, he did well on Saturday.

The last thing SP wants to do is blow the budget (like Everton) and end up with a collection of skilled individuals who cannot function as a team.

We’ve persisted with Cabaye and McArthur and look how well they played too.

The current squad with three or four additions is the best we can hope for and when the best 11 gel on the pitch they can potentially beat anyone. RLC would be a great signing as well as a keeper and striker/attacking winger.

It’s the consistency which needs improving and I think it is going to improve now confidence is high.