Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 17-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I agree Lombardo, it’s largely about raising tax revenue, hidden behind a desire to be green.

Every few years the motorist has been compelled to make a change that would significantly reduce pollution (or so they say).

We’ve had the pressure change to unleaded petrol, and those converters that had to be fitted if you wanted to keep your old car, then diesel was bad, then diesel was better, then diesel was bad again.

Then the congestion charge, now the additional tax.

But has any of this improved the pollution...doesn’t seem to have made a positive improvement?
Old 17-11-2017, 02:24 PM

Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Ooh Betty has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
This is symptomatic with all that is wrong with public transport in the UK. Especially London. The congestion charge and TTax at just ways of raising money. The excuse for the T Tax is specious. Funny how it was introduced after a release of stat of deaths caused by position. Really? I wouldn't mind if the money was spent on an improving transport infrastructure but it's getting worse. People drive to work as it's almost the only guarantee of getting there and on time!!
???
Old 17-11-2017, 02:34 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I have said this before, and I suspect I will say that again.

Palace have been at Selhurst for nearly 100 years, and for the most part play on Saturdays. That is not a train service.
You'd think they could at least choose a weekend when the Palace aren't at home.
Old 17-11-2017, 02:44 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also the High street has road works by Nisa with temporary lights at the moment.
Portland road has resurfacing going but i think thats at night.
Old 17-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Bobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for youBobby Woodruff is just too good for you
Bugger!

I checked the engineering works poster at Sutton a couple of days ago and it just said no trains from Selhurst to Victoria so i assumed trains would turn round at Selhurst. It looks like there are only two trains an hour Sutton- Norwood Junction.

I just hope they have the common sense to run eight car trains. But I'm not betting on it.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 17-11-2017, 03:18 PM

billy_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebilly_gilberts_hammer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle View Post
You'd think they could at least choose a weekend when the Palace aren't at home.

Why would they worry about a 3 hour window for football supporters at a weekend who use the service once every couple of weeks over improving the service for regular commuters who use it daily. Norwood Junction is open and readily accessible use that.
Old 17-11-2017, 03:25 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
People drive to work as it's almost the only guarantee of getting there and on time!!
Really? In London? There is no guarantee of arrival time when driving anywhere in the country.
Old 17-11-2017, 07:07 PM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Train travellers who normally use Selhurst or Thornton Heath and may be using Norwood Junction for the first time should be aware that they use a side gate entrance after the game and should ensure that they tap in on an oyster card reader to avoid a maximum fare charge.
Old 17-11-2017, 08:14 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Due to Rail Engineering Works both Selhurst and Thornton Heath Station will be out of use for the Everton game on Saturday.

The only station available for the match will be Norwood Junction which will be rammed with people especially after the game when both Palace and Everton fans plus the general public will have to use it.

This is another case of very poor scheduling by Southern and will inconvenience thousands of people plus create problems for the British Transport Police as usually away fans would use Thornton Heath Station but now all fans will be using Norwood Junction.

This is from the club

To view the link you have to Register or Login
its Network Rail
Old 17-11-2017, 08:15 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This is symptomatic with all that is wrong with public transport in the UK. Especially London. The congestion charge and TTax at just ways of raising money. The excuse for the T Tax is specious. Funny how it was introduced after a release of stat of deaths caused by position. Really? I wouldn't mind if the money was spent on an improving transport infrastructure but it's getting worse. People drive to work as it's almost the only guarantee of getting there and on time!!
this is all done at weekends because work cant be carried out at night due to the many thousands of houses close to the railway lines. There is actually proper thought that goes into this. its just unfortunate it falls on a football day at selhurst.
Old 17-11-2017, 08:16 PM

newish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnewish eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Changes nothing. Dreadful operator.
They are indeed a shocking operator.

They are the best advert for the car I have ever seen!
Old 17-11-2017, 08:36 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I think Network Rail plan these works 9-12 months in advance.
Old 17-11-2017, 09:04 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
its Network Rail
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I think Network Rail plan these works 9-12 months in advance.
Get it right, it should be Network Rail bastards.
Old 17-11-2017, 09:47 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
I spoke to the following regarding the logistical nightmare caused by this action :

British Transport Police - Unaware of these closures, suggested fans use bus service I kid you not.
Southern Rail - Ask Network Rail
Network Rail - Ask Southern
FSF (Football Supporters Federation) - Genuine concern about the inconvenience to both Palace and Everton fans particularly those with connections to catch to complete their journey and also the fact that Everton fans will be barred from the home fans only pubs in Norwood Junction as they would normally be using pubs in Thornton Heath and use that station.

They will query the timing of the Rail Engineering Works and the fact that it clashes with a Palace home game.
Old 17-11-2017, 10:09 PM

bhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First world problems. How many grounds have no station near them, let alone three?
Old 17-11-2017, 10:19 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb View Post
First world problems. How many grounds have no station near them, let alone three?
Indeed. It's quite a nice walk or a short bus ride from Victoria to London Bridge if you're allergic to the underground.
Old 17-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
It's always a pain when we get local engineering works on the day of a Palace home game but it really is pointless getting all indignant about it. Network Rail plan their programme of essential works throughout the whole country months in advance, often before football fixtures are known, and it's unrealistic to expect them to avoid ever clashing with a football match or other big event somewhere in the country.

The problems facing Palace and Everton fans tomorrow will hardly be insurmountable, with rail replacement buses serving Selhurst and Thornton Heath, extra trains on some routes through Norwood Junction and the usual alternatives such as buses and trams. Yes, it's all a bit of a pain, but football fans and other people are affected by engineering works somewhere every weekend, and once in a while it's inevitably going to be us.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
I spoke to the following regarding the logistical nightmare caused by this action :

British Transport Police - Unaware of these closures, suggested fans use bus service I kid you not.
Southern Rail - Ask Network Rail
Network Rail - Ask Southern
FSF (Football Supporters Federation) - Genuine concern about the inconvenience to both Palace and Everton fans particularly those with connections to catch to complete their journey and also the fact that Everton fans will be barred from the home fans only pubs in Norwood Junction as they would normally be using pubs in Thornton Heath and use that station.

They will query the timing of the Rail Engineering Works and the fact that it clashes with a Palace home game.
If you're an Everton fan heading back to Euston then you'd go to Norwood Junction anyway.
Old 18-11-2017, 12:17 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace play at home on a Saturday once in a blue moon these days. So yeah, well done Network Rail for choosing the first Saturday in about a month there playing at home and 26K expected to do their engineering works.

Can we rely on Southern to put on extra carriages for Norwood Junction? Lolololololol.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 18-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is it too much to ask for a bit of forward planning from these ******* idiots.
Why not do it on a Sunday instead of a Saturday? Surely even without the football Saturday is a busier day on the rail network for passengers.
Also the week between Christmas and New Year there is a whole bloody week of engineering works, could this not have been added then? Talking of which the Arsenal game on the 28th will also be affected I presume

Edit: Just noticed it's all weekend

Last edited by Big Gav; 18-11-2017 at 12:33 AM.