Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
I reckon he’ll end up becoming the next manager of one of Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Rep of Ireland.
How about the next England manager? Seriously in 3 or 4 years times may well have changed.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:51 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Big Sam very guarded in his comments.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:53 AM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
He's turned down Turkey as he's not ready.

They should have waited until Christmas.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Absolutely. He just seems like the type that likes a challenge though. Would not be surprised to see him back as our manager soon.
EFA
Old 03-10-2017, 12:51 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
Sam: Dele Alli and Harry Kane can win England the World Cup.

Ok Sam
I think it's fair to say they would feature for almost any team in the world in international competition. They wont win the WC for England though, as good as they are / may become the problem lies with the inept spineless management and culture, and mediocrity in the squad.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:53 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Day having a pop at some of Hodgsons press comments.

"Hadn't heard of Ladapo" and "What am I meant to do, I've got a player from Championship Wolves up front (ref: Sako)"
Well that's all very unnecessary and snide of him (day). What a surprise.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:04 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
What time were they talking Palace please so I can get on listen again?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
What time were they talking Palace please so I can get on listen again?
About 11:45am - so I guess that's about an hour and 45 minutes into the show.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:18 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Big Sam will end up at Everton in December I reckon.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
That's quite a good call but also wonder if they'll fancy a more glamourous name. Ancelotti?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:26 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
About 11:45am - so I guess that's about an hour and 45 minutes into the show.
Thanks Ralph
Old 03-10-2017, 03:18 PM

johnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
He could well go to Everton, but it may depend on how long he has to stay "retired" to fulfil his pay off agreement with Parish.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:39 PM

west eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewest eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
anyone got a quick overview what was said ??
Old 03-10-2017, 03:50 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
I think it's fair to say they would feature for almost any team in the world in international competition. They wont win the WC for England though, as good as they are / may become the problem lies with the inept spineless management and culture, and mediocrity in the squad.
I agree with your comments about the footballing culture, but I also think that part of that is hugely overrating English players. Back when Rooney broke onto the scene a bit like Kane has now, everybody was all "wow, one of the best 2 or 3 in the world!" when in reality he was miles off that. Or the nation's awe of Wilshire years ago thinking he was uniquely talented for his age, but then Pep, managing Barca at the time, said that yes he's a talented player, but Barcelona has a dozen youngsters just as good. It's difficult to argue with that now. There are numerous other examples.

I don't think Alli is a player who would walk into Germany's or Spain's or Brazil's midfields for a second or even some other sides. Kane is in great form at the moment but again he's done nothing in International or European club competition. The top International teams are made up of players who have delivered in big International and Champion's League games time after time.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:49 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp View Post
He could well go to Everton, but it may depend on how long he has to stay "retired" to fulfil his pay off agreement with Parish.
Couple of million wasn't it?

Peanuts to a team wanting to stave off relegation / revitalise their season

It's the lying that gets me - retiring changed to when I feel ready to now, if so and so came knocking I couldn't say no to the inevitable - the wife was fed up of me moping about the house so I reluctantly accepted the offer from XYZ FC

Only at Palace can we let these type of people slip through and replace them with numpties when there were great options available for all to see, terrible
Old 03-10-2017, 04:57 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Day having a pop at some of Hodgsons press comments.

"Hadn't heard of Ladapo" and "What am I meant to do, I've got a player from Championship Wolves up front (ref: Sako)"
Are these comments genuine?
Old 03-10-2017, 05:06 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
Are these comments genuine?
Similar to what Roy said but mixed with a bit of cynicism.

Roy said he didn't know much about Ladapo, and that he hadn't played much for Palace since signing from Margate. He also said we have a winger from Wolves playing the striker role after failing to land a striker in the transfer window.

Not sure what the problem is....
Old 03-10-2017, 05:27 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
anyone got a quick overview what was said ??
Yes, everything has gone a bit shit.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
I agree with your comments about the footballing culture, but I also think that part of that is hugely overrating English players. Back when Rooney broke onto the scene a bit like Kane has now, everybody was all "wow, one of the best 2 or 3 in the world!" when in reality he was miles off that. Or the nation's awe of Wilshire years ago thinking he was uniquely talented for his age, but then Pep, managing Barca at the time, said that yes he's a talented player, but Barcelona has a dozen youngsters just as good. It's difficult to argue with that now. There are numerous other examples.

I don't think Alli is a player who would walk into Germany's or Spain's or Brazil's midfields for a second or even some other sides. Kane is in great form at the moment but again he's done nothing in International or European club competition. The top International teams are made up of players who have delivered in big International and Champion's League games time after time.
I agree re the overrating. However i stand by the fact that Kane and Alli would be picked for any Int teams for a world cup (ie included in squad of 24). Certainly Kane, and highly likely Alli at least.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:55 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
I agree re the overrating. However i stand by the fact that Kane and Alli would be picked for any Int teams for a world cup (ie included in squad of 24). Certainly Kane, and highly likely Alli at least.
Kane froze at the last tournament, so has yet to prove himself as a great international player, in my opinion.

However, he does have the potential and is probably the best we have at the moment. I think he’d make most international squads, but not necessarily the starting 11.