Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Pre Brighton build up 28/11/17

With little over 7 weeks away. Who else keeps thinking about this match with dread? I even had a dream last night we lost 6-0.

Of course 7 weeks is a long time in football and 7 weeks ago we had just started the season so anything can change. You never know, we could be mid table by then but who knows.

Anyhow, this match....shudder!

How you feeling about our first game against them for 5 years?
Old 05-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Ah mate. Leave it out. Don't even want to think about that right now
Old 05-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine9Freedman9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
They will be right up for this, and I fear we will not. Hopefully players like Wilf and Speroni drum it into the others how much it means to the fans!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of course, I'd like to win a game before this point, but it would be utterly hilarious if we are still on zero points and snatch a 1-0 win from a Carlton Cole 35 yard pot shot that takes a MASSIVE deflection off Lewis Dunks arse.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Ah mate. Leave it out. Don't even want to think about that right now

I know, wouldn't have posted if I hadn't dreamt about it last night. I have mates that are Brighton fans (I live in Sussex, so surrounded with the gits) and whilst I've had plenty over the years to get at them, I do worry it could be their turn.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I know, wouldn't have posted if I hadn't dreamt about it last night. I have mates that are Brighton fans (I live in Sussex, so surrounded with the gits) and whilst I've had plenty over the years to get at them, I do worry it could be their turn.
Grew up there. My phone has been inundated by them over the past few weeks. They're revelling in what's happening to us at the moment. We always seem to do well when they're being smug though...
Old 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
When they started well last season and it looked likely they'd get promoted, I did worry that if we stayed up under Pardew, we were looking particularly powder puff and easy to roll over for a team who will be desperate beyond desperate for revenge.

When Allardyce's magic started working I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that whatever happens, under Sam, we'd be no pushovers.

Just hoping that by the time the game comes around, Roy has well and truely got them playing. I'm still hopeful...it's what he did at Fulham and WBA.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Grew up there. My phone has been inundated by them over the past few weeks. They're revelling in what's happening to us at the moment. We always seem to do well when they're being smug though...
I.e. 1-3
Old 05-10-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:

I know - went out for a lads night out last Friday and one of the bastards wouldn't shut up about the poxy 'new record' of ours.

Where were you brought up?
Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
I.e. 1-3

And the away play off game where they were strong favourites after a poor 1st leg at ours not to mention the Glenn Murray injury too.

That said, the 3-0 game at theirs was shocking performance for us. I got corporate tickets via a mate as couldn't get ticket in the away end and it was hell. Couldn't wait to leave.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
I know - went out for a lads night out last Friday and one of the bastards wouldn't shut up about the poxy 'new record' of ours.

Where were you brought up?
Little village near Billingshurst/Horsham in West Sussex. Whereabouts are you?

Prior to 2011, I knew a handful of hardcore Brighton fans. Since they got their new stadium, every f*cker down there is a poxy Brighton fan.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Little village near Billingshurst/Horsham in West Sussex. Whereabouts are you?

Prior to 2011, I knew a handful of hardcore Brighton fans. Since they got their new stadium, every f*cker down there is a poxy Brighton fan.

Blimey, we were almost neighbours . Work in Horsham and live in Pulborough.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Blimey, we were almost neighbours . Work in Horsham and live in Pulborough.
Haha, no way! I've worked in both Horsham & Pulborough - grew up in Wisborough Green. Glad I'm away from the Seaweed.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Haha, no way! I've worked in both Horsham & Pulborough - grew up in Wisborough Green. Glad I'm away from the Seaweed.

Funny eh. We probably have mutual friends as I've drank in WG before at the cricketers and Bat and ball in years gone by when I was young and single.

Anyhow, yes surrounded with the gits and especially ones that are now Brighton fans that have come to surface since they've started doing well.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:07 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am surrounded by weed fans. Disturbingly, my neighbour hasn't yet taken the opportunity to take the pl55.
I think he is keeping his powder dry and waiting for Brighton to tear us a new one.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:23 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Until they do to us what we did to them in May 2013 we're untouchable, that's been my stance from the night onwards and not just because we're a bit gash at the moment
Old 05-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we have a full strength team by then (Zaha, RLC, TFM, Benteke, Andros, Sahko etc) I reckon we beat 'em.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:39 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As shit as we are at the moment, and it is shit make no mistake, id still back us to beat that shower of ***** down the road.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:40 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
I've never met a Brighton fan in my life other than close combat at our games.

Thank God.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:45 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Genuinely looking forward to this. I've always liked Brighton and have good memories of going to work functions along the seafront. Is Glenn Murray playing for them at the moment? He deserves an ovation for all he did for us. What I'd give to have him up front at the moment!