Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:09 PM

SussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The last few games down there although tense with a hostile atmosphere have passed off without any trouble and were policed pretty well.

It's not exactly the 80's where people could pretty much turn up at the game and get in.

These days pretty much everyone has to be either a Season Ticket holder or a Member to get in especially in the Premiership so clubs can keep track of who tickets are being sold to.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I would imagine a very large contingent of Palace fans live south of Selhurst. In fact, the vast majority (pure guesswork).
Palace fans are all over the Southern Counties
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Bobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The OB have gone on record as saying its difficult to bubble this match. I'd have to dig out previous threads on the policing of this fixture to remember the precise reasons.

Lets be clear tho, other police forces are ditching bubbles - Wrexham vs Chester - being a really good example. So there would have to be a really, really good - and new - reason why it would be introduced for this fixture.

Someone ought to contact Amanda at the FSF. She's brilliant at this sort of stuff.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
I don't remember that
Yup. For the playoff game the police stated all Palace fans would need to provide a season ticket/photo ID on the door so no tickets could be passed/sold on to others.

Not sure how strictly they implemented it though. I was wasted and just flashed mine on the way in. I think it was more of a scare tactic than anything.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:53 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
This is probably all we have to enjoy this season. The players had better be up for these games. Think being turned over by those tossers would be too much to bear for many of us after our recent trials and tribulations.

Never understand the people that don't value this rivalry- this is THE rivalry for me and I didn't see us play them until 2002 so missed all the Mullery shenanigans by a long way. I'd been told the stories & remember thinking it would be similar to playing Millwall or Charlton, but seeing the shear hatred in Brighton fans eyes that day, they were instantly the rival I dislike the most.

Added to that they are such clacker waving, Gerrard clapping, two team supporting, Tofu eating, yoga attending, flip flop wearing, attendence rambling, Reading but by the sea, arrogant plastic Tarquinny ***** these days.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:55 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
The last few games down there although tense with a hostile atmosphere have passed off without any trouble and were policed pretty well.

It's not exactly the 80's where people could pretty much turn up at the game and get in.

These days pretty much everyone has to be either a Season Ticket holder or a Member to get in especially in the Premiership so clubs can keep track of who tickets are being sold to.

Does anyone remember the friendly at the Goldstone when Alan Smith was manager
Old 06-10-2017, 03:18 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smith View Post
The OB have gone on record as saying its difficult to bubble this match. I'd have to dig out previous threads on the policing of this fixture to remember the precise reasons.

Lets be clear tho, other police forces are ditching bubbles - Wrexham vs Chester - being a really good example. So there would have to be a really, really good - and new - reason why it would be introduced for this fixture.

Someone ought to contact Amanda at the FSF. She's brilliant at this sort of stuff.
Probably best to wait to hear if this is actually the case first. It's all guesswork
Old 06-10-2017, 03:24 PM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
well I live on the Kent coast and I will be pissed off if I have to go up to selhurst 1st ... ive not missed a brighton match since the early 70s , I don't intend missing one now
Old 06-10-2017, 03:35 PM

Ajedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bagAjedman has got sunshine in a bag
In 2013 Steve Browett arranged for the club coaches to stop at Starbucks on the A23 in Hooley to make it easier for those of us who don't live near Selhurst.
I have already emailed the box office to ask if this could be offered again, I am waiting to hear back.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:50 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Yup. For the playoff game the police stated all Palace fans would need to provide a season ticket/photo ID on the door so no tickets could be passed/sold on to others.

Not sure how strictly they implemented it though. I was wasted and just flashed mine on the way in. I think it was more of a scare tactic than anything.
I do remember talk of needing ID cards etc to buy tickets, but I thought it didn't come to anything. I went with a non-season ticket holder who managed to pick up a ticket so it can't have been enforced very well.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:02 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Why would this be a bubble match or something similar? There's been little trouble when we've played them in recent years since the 3-1. If they don't take such measures for games like Man Utd v Liverpool/Spurs v Arsenal why would they do it for us. Even a reduced allocation makes no sense when the two fixtures I've mentioned have fans seperated by 3 seats, some netting and some stewards. Rumours like these always come about before these fixtures and nothing happens. (I realise i've probably cursed it now)
Old 06-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Was one of the First in the away that game....was refused entry as i refused to show my ID to palace stewards at the entrance

Obviusly i had to back down after a while

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 06-10-2017, 06:27 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
It's hardly Galatasaray Fenerbache, ridiculous if they do that and I'd imagine a lot like myself who live in Sussex wouldn't bother if it's the case of having to go to Selhurst to come back again.

I reckon it'll be how it has been previously anyway. No reason to change it.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
I'd be perfectly happy to go down on a record low of six points and 36 games without scoring, if the two wins were from doing the double over the seaweed.

Plastic club. Symbol of a huge number of things wrong with "modern football'.
Having said that I'll happily sport them in the cup over Charlton, Millwall, AFC Wimbledon or Arsenal.
I'm with you. We're going down, and it looks like we're going down badly, so this would be absolutely hilarious.

To add though - I'll only accept this scenario if we drag those dickheads down with us.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Just read that people are wetting themselves because one guy has said it might be a bubble match. Chill. I'm sure we'll be fine. I'd also like to think that by now, we would have heard something.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Maybe it's a bubble at the request of the coach driver.

Wants to have another pop at the changing room...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 06-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Yarrrrrrr

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I'm with you. We're going down, and it looks like we're going down badly, so this would be absolutely hilarious.

To add though - I'll only accept this scenario if we drag those dickheads down with us.
I'd take staying up regardless of the result *ducks*
Old 06-10-2017, 09:10 PM

SussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
Maybe it's a bubble at the request of the coach driver.

Wants to have another pop at the changing room...

Ha Ha we need some inspiration from somewhere!

All speculation but i think the arrangements will probably be similar to the Play off Semi Final when Wilf took them apart.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Heshlo Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I'd take staying up regardless of the result *ducks*
If you say we stay up but lose to Brighton twice, I would take that. I just think we're in such a bad way, I can't see it.
Old 26-10-2017, 07:00 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Little over a month now. The more I think about this game the more it makes me shiver with dread. FFS, we should be looking forward to this game thinking how many we’re gonna smash them by yet I’m going into it with dread. Damn you Palace!