Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Packed luch for work
Nearly always - I'm as poor as a church mouse. 103 37.87%
Sometimes - I have 4 season tickets to finance 30 11.03%
Occasionally 58 21.32%
Never 60 22.06%
I don't work in an office or something similar. 21 7.72%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-10-2017, 06:25 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Who brings home food to the office for lunch?

Poll.
Old 19-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Occasionally make a sandwich or bring in left overs but planning what I'm going to buy for lunch is one of the best bits of the working day.
Old 19-10-2017, 06:33 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Poll.
Do you take Chilli to Work or Work to Chile?
Old 19-10-2017, 06:50 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Occasionally make a sandwich or bring in left overs but planning what I'm going to buy for lunch is one of the best bits of the working day.
I was about to say just this! I'd hate knowing all morning exactly what I was going to have.
Old 19-10-2017, 06:53 PM

Archiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArchiebald Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Indian people on secondment to the UK
Old 19-10-2017, 06:57 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to eat at work canteen till the prices went up, now I bring my own home cooked food...
Old 19-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
My wife makes my sandwich, which I then proceed to complain about in typically 70's fashion. Struggle to contain the breadcrumbs in my false teeth as I tut my way through her creation.

And God help her if she tries anything new.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:00 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I intend to make food but never do. It's usually a crappy sandwich from Sainsburys for me - I love to get outside during my lunch break and cannot stand eating at my desk. Need to sort out my diet!
Old 19-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
I work from home
So yes
Old 19-10-2017, 07:03 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
I work from home
So yes
Penny pincher!

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have a subsidised canteen but the food is rank, except for the Friday custom breakfast sandwich. £2.90 for a 3 rasher 2 egg baguette
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just bring in Kippers and stick'em in the communal Microwave.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I walk home (5 mins) and make lunch at home. Its very civilised being able to look at any post, watch the lunchtime news and generally have half an hour to myself away from everyone else, but do wonder if I'm in some sort of timewarp! Nobody else at work lives within walking distance of the place!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 19-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
I work from home
So yes
I do the opposite at the moment, I live at work.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:27 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do - pretty much every day. Ham sandwich, butter white bread + 1 banana + 1 choc bar.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:33 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Our company buys us lunch, we have an online system made by one of the programmers that allows us to order from Pret, Leon or Itsu and Japanese Canteen on a Friday.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:39 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
Do you take Chilli to Work or Work to Chile?
I have a wife that cooks. My principal work is two blocks from my house. I lunch at home everyday. Fresh meat, fish, fruit and veggies, too. We get dibs on the produce before it is frozen and shipped off to you lot via Tesco.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:46 PM

I am surprised at the poll results. Different from my day. I am not sure that is a good thing for society. I can accept the healthy eating argument, and saving pennies if a Pret has become outrageously expensive.

It seems to me that life has got all a bit sanitised and horrid in the last 15 years. All about control and tight fisted companies penny pinching their slave workers. Work and life used to be fun to a certain degree. I am getting the impression that increasingly it is not so. Not just from these silly threads, but as a general overview of comments on the BBS.

It seems that people are desparate to keep jobs they dont like, pay credit (mortgages and student loans) they cant afford, but gadgets they dont need, and are sucked into thinking that life revolves around having to take that 2 week med holiday to GET AWAY FROM IT ALL.

Not for me peeps.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:52 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I try to because I'm trying to avoid bread as much as possible and all decent options local to work include bread of some sort. I make salads at home in the morning, trying to vary what I have with them.

Also prepare fruit to take in with me, too.

Then I cook a proper meal at home every night.
Old 19-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Almost never.

Mostly eat out of the onsite restaurant but sometimes vary it with a Wasabi or a poncey artisan roll from Paul.

Every now and then i’ll treat myself to a Breakfast club ir GBK.

I waste a fortune on lunch but i find the hardest part of bringing your own is having enough variety.