Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Packed luch for work
Nearly always - I'm as poor as a church mouse. 103 37.87%
Sometimes - I have 4 season tickets to finance 30 11.03%
Occasionally 58 21.32%
Never 60 22.06%
I don't work in an office or something similar. 21 7.72%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-10-2017, 05:48 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I am loving that pretty much everyone on this thread is talking about whether they prefer to save a few quid, are happy to make their own sarnies, or like a stroll and the surprise of what to choose each day, however Peter is almost single handedly trying to provoke anyone into a debate about the state of society, the nation of debt, and the moral fibre of today!

The odd thing is that the poll itself at the top of the page, does suggest an understanding of basic choice - "I have 4 season tickets to finance". It may not be 4 season tickets, it may be the preference of trains to every away game, a new car more often than every 12 years, the kids university fees to save for, holidays, a new boiler or just sticking a bit more into the pension pot!

Or just wanting to keep lunchtime to 20 minutes at the desk in front of the BBS and get home to the family a little bit earlier.

Ultimately it's a multitude of reasons, all choices varied and interesting. I can't see how the connection can be made to the social breakdown of society, that we are slaves and that it is the beginning of the apocalypse!

I don't think what is in people's packed lunch box is really that important to most people!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 20-10-2017, 06:06 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Penny pinching or convenience? I vote the latter

Peter H is completely out of order.
As in sleeping with a best mates wife, defrauding fellow BBSers of Bitcoin money, kicking someone in the head in a fight.....

Is that the completely out of order you mean? Or are you talking about the highly sensitive manstruel kind of completely out of order that seems to be the BBS way these days.

What a bunch of pussies.

I remember you turning up at The George for Friday lunch still in the dickie bow and suit from an all nighter boxing event and more. A couple of days later you were swimming in the septic waters of the weather map. Now youre actually saying I am completely out of order for engaging in a little wind up.

How is preparing a packed lunch and carrying it to work each day in anyway more convenient than buying a sandwich.

I think it is partly the inner child that resides in most men. You remember being packed off to school on museum or zoo day and taking a little lunch with you. You want to feel that innocent joy again. Aaaaah.

Secretly, deep down I think you all know that being obedient little servants to the politicians and banks that own the country, and buckling down to the tories austerity measures is slowly destroying your souls. You hate yourselves for it, but it is easier to attack me than look at the ugly truths that your once proud lives have become. Pasta in a bowl, work another 20 years until you can scrape a pension at 70. Just maybe find a plot in Bulgaria to retire to.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:07 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Smoked mackerel on rye bread for me today from the fridge.
I love that. They used to sell it here . but I think it was only me and the two moggies eating it.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:15 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
So, are the kids still at school? Is Virginia working?
I started taking food in when the kids started school (and hence taking food in). It’s for four people, we just make loads at the weekend / evenings and fridge or freeze some.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:22 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I live 4 minutes walk from my office but then the same again from my gym. So I spend my lunch hour at the gym and then eat my homemade lunch at my desk when I restart work. As much as enjoy the baguettes from the sandwich shop en route, she's a big girl so as much as I know she'll do me a great sandwich, evidence suggests that having this voluptuous lovely make me an extra large baguette will negate any benefits I've gained from sweating like a bastard for 50 mins before chowing down
Old 20-10-2017, 06:23 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

What a bunch of pussies.

Secretly, deep down I think you all know that being obedient little servants to the politicians and banks that own the country, and buckling down to the tories austerity measures is slowly destroying your souls. You hate yourselves for it, but it is easier to attack me than look at the ugly truths that your once proud lives have become. Pasta in a bowl, work another 20 years until you can scrape a pension at 70. Just maybe find a plot in Bulgaria to retire to.
You are seriously trying too hard Peter. Either that or the wine is really cheap in Chile
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 20-10-2017, 06:24 AM

Mark - Kids mate? I have three grandkids. When Virginia works it is generally in catering. My life is very different. Santiago for the most part is a very small city and our daily life is centred in a few blocks. Even away from that you can typically get a three course lunch for 4 quid, and they may throw a glass of wine into that.

If so many are taking their own food in every day in the UK and Spain, places must be going out of business???

Last edited by PeterH; 20-10-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
You are seriously trying too hard Peter. Either that or the wine is really cheap in Chile
Nah sober tonight. Just two bottles of Guinness, and I have class in four hours.

Maybe others will wake up tomorrow in a more cheery mood. Listening to the sad tales is making me depressed. I am getting images of 1984 style office conformity.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:31 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
I think Peter may be rather out of touch with how much prices have risen since he left the UK and got used to how cheap second world countries are.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nah sober tonight. Just two bottles of Guinness, and I have class in four hours.

Maybe others will wake up tomorrow in a more cheery mood. Listening to the sad tales is making me depressed. I am getting images of 1984 style office conformity.
You should come to my office next time you’re in Madrid. It’s a good place to hang out.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:35 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mark - Kids mate? I have three grandkids. When Virginia works it is generally in catering. My life is very different. Santiago for the most part is a very small city and our daily life is centred in a few blocks. Even away from that you can typically get a three course lunch for 4 quid, and they may throw a glass of wine into that.

If so many are taking their own food in every day in the UK and Spain, places must be going out of business???
How much do you think a 3 course meal or even a fast food meal costs in London ?

How about taxes or mortgages or rents or shopping or petrol or council tax cost in London and how much do you pay for that in Chile ?
Old 20-10-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
You should come to my office next time you’re in Madrid. It’s a good place to hang out.
Bring your own sandwich ?
Old 20-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
One hopes he's on a wind up, because I am amazed at how out of touch he is.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
Is it kicking off about food on the BBS now?

I'm trying to take more food to work. It's a no brainer.

My doctor tells me that as an old bloke I have to eat healthily. The area where I work has very few places where I can buy something that is tasty, healthly and cheap.

If I cook it the night before then I know what's in it. I also find cooking very theraputic.

And yes, there's the cost issue. Seven years of being under the Tory yolk has reversed my financial trajectory somewhat.

I'm basically a lazy sod so it's counter-intuitive but it's obviously good for me. If, however, somebody on the BBS would like to send food vouchers then I'll rethink this.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Bring your own sandwich ?
There's a hot dog stall down the road. The Cole-slaw’s on me.
Old 20-10-2017, 06:58 AM
My friends list is empty

Urine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUrine Mattress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can we wrap up this ridiculous thread just by finally conceding how successful the OP is compared to the rest of us, and congratulate him on his wonderfully superior life, before returning to the drudgery of our miserably cheese and pickley lives?
Old 20-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
I think Peter may be rather out of touch with how much prices have risen since he left the UK and got used to how cheap second world countries are.
This!

Old 20-10-2017, 07:25 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
One hopes he's on a wind up, because I am amazed at how out of touch he is.
He is - it's still worth biting though to see how ridiculous his next comment is going to be.

I think he's just building up to tell us that Pinochet took his own lunch into work and look how that ended... And Mrs Hitler? She always made Adolf a sarnie in the morning (ham and mustard was his favourite) and gave him a bag of Hula Hoops and an apple to go with it.

It's the downfall of society, Pete, bringing your own lunch in...
Old 20-10-2017, 07:45 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I wonder if Peter is aware that the culture at Argos is for all staff to bring their own lunch in from home. He probably isn't given his lack of retail expertise.
Old 20-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
Looks like the lunch time pint has fallen by the wayside?
Pretty much so, unfortunately.