Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Where they were his idea?
Completely irrelevant it is what he will be remembered for implementing it.

Was statrting an illegal war in Iraq Blairs idea ? Was shutting the pits Thatchers ? Was selling off half our gold at low prices Gordon Browns ? Did Jim Callaghan come up with the idea of having 28% inflation or to devalue the pound ? These are all things that these polititions will be remembered for
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal

Last edited by redandblue; 22-10-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:13 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Khan isnít great and says stupid stuff.... but Boris is far far worse
Old 22-10-2017, 07:15 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
The first thing we all would agree is that the police have a really difficult job. However when our young people have shit like TOWNIE and made in chelsea and all of it shallow messages rammed down thier throats and no way to achieve this supposedly normal lifestyle what can we expect??
Old 22-10-2017, 07:16 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
A lot of the projects you dream up as a mayor of London take years to come to fruition and usually after you have moved on. We won't know whether Khan is good or not for several years. We'll see if he can progress the Silvertown Tunnel, Crossrail2, the Thames footbridges and cross river DLR extension in East London and how he handles Euston/HS2 and Old Oak. He needs to tackle the green agenda too.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Completely irrelevant it is what he will be remembered for implementing it.

Was statrting an illegal war in Iraq Blairs idea ? Was shutting the pits Thatchers ? Was Ellington off half our gold at low prices Gordon Browns ? Did Jim Callaghan come up with the idea of having 28% inflation or to devalue the pound ? These are all things that these polititions will be remembered for
Not irrelevant at all. Those with more than a passing interest in London politics will know that they were not his idea. They might also be aware of his heavily criticised intervention on the sponsorship deal and then, after considering his stewardship of London in its entirety, ask;

"What has Boris Johnson done for London"
Old 22-10-2017, 07:25 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
London has a massive CCTV network it's a mystery to me that moped gangs seem able to cruise around looking for victims unchallenged...is the cash going on anti terrorism and top level international crime gangs now partly based in London, with this leading to **** resources for tackling Street crime burglary, acid attacks and so on.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:32 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
And I think it's more the government failing the Met, not the Met failing London.
Spot on with both your posts, weirdly i was just in the kitchen making a brew and thinking should we sacrifice say trident and use the £ for bulking up our police forces around the country that sound like theyíre at breaking point. Tough call though as trident is our big deterrent. Government needs to invest in certain areas and i guess make cuts elsewhere( obviously).
Old 22-10-2017, 07:35 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
London has a massive CCTV network it's a mystery to me that moped gangs seem able to cruise around looking for victims unchallenged...is the cash going on anti terrorism and top level international crime gangs now partly based in London, with this leading to **** resources for tackling Street crime burglary, acid attacks and so on.
Lots of CCTV is a loads of bollox as imo the biggest deterrent is the police on the street. CCTV doesn’t help the victim and I reckon most crooks will chance their luck with it. Or use cctv in non crime hot spots and use police presence in the worst areas.

Last edited by orp pisshead1; 22-10-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
I have no doubt that that there was room for efficiency savings and reforms within the Met. But I understand they have had £600 million of these savings/cuts so far and have to find another £400 million over the next four years. This must have major consequences for front line services.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
The first thing we all would agree is that the police have a really difficult job. However when our young people have shit like TOWNIE and made in chelsea and all of it shallow messages rammed down thier throats and no way to achieve this supposedly normal lifestyle what can we expect??
Spot on
Old 22-10-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I live in East Sussex.
So you donít have a scooby bout the daily worries Stellavista has then tbh.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I have no doubt that that there was room for efficiency savings and reforms within the Met. But I understand they have had £600 million of these savings/cuts so far and have to find another £400 million over the next four years. This must have major consequences for front line services.
Without a doubt , i think I read the Aussie police use more civilian workers than us to do the paperwork and therefore release the police back onto the street quicker maybe thatís a way forward if we donít use that system. The more pressure theyíre under the more the police will react first think later imo.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:54 AM

Raggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRaggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I live in East Sussex.
Translates as "I'm alright Jack so I ain't gonna worry about it"

No wonder we have a rising problem.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:55 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
So you donít have a scooby bout the daily worries Stellavista has then tbh.

I never commented on Stellavistaís worries... why would I??? I commented on my worries.
Old 22-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not irrelevant at all. Those with more than a passing interest in London politics will know that they were not his idea. They might also be aware of his heavily criticised intervention on the sponsorship deal and then, after considering his stewardship of London in its entirety, ask;

How many people will think more than "Boris bike" as a Londoner I can hardly remember anything about the Barclays sponsorship. For me remembering Boris is bikes, bendy busses and route masters and olympics.

Ken Livingston remember as a kid bus fares being 10p
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 22-10-2017, 07:59 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Translates as "I'm alright Jack so I ain't gonna worry about it"

No wonder we have a rising problem.

You want me to worry about stuff that doesnít impact my family??? What other stuff do you want me to worry about? Where is the line... what stuff do I stop worrying about?

I also think the link between me not worrying about my 12 yr old daughter living in East Sussex getting involved in gang related crime and the rise in gang violence is a unfair one.
Old 22-10-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
How many people will think more than "Boris bike" as a Londoner I can hardly remember anything about the Barclays sponsorship. For me remembering Boris is bikes, bendy busses and route masters and olympics.

Ken Livingston remember as a kid bus fares being 10p
3 decades ago
Used to be 2p back home in brum.
Old 22-10-2017, 08:13 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where they were his idea?

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-10-2017, 08:14 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

That really cheap and oh so useful cable car? Shutting down fire and police stations? Closing tube ticket offices?

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

Allowed motorbikes in bus lanes. A mighty achievement.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ