Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 26-10-2017, 10:00 AM
N Herts Eagle N Herts Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sturton Lincs
Age: 62
Posts: 8,782
Rep Power: 21474852
N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Of course it is unable to rebut claims that it was implicated in the murder of its own president. People like to believe the nonsense. It's fun. It's quirky.

Nothing whatsoever has emerged in the last 50 years to even hint the Warren commission findings were wrong.

It will be interesting to know what the CIA knew of Oswald. Just as it's interesting to know how much they knew of the 9/11 bombers. Both were well on the radar. But you can't watch these people 24 hours a day. There are people who seek to do us harm.
In some way your right but its like the Warren Commission it might of drawn the right conclusion but not by having all the evidence. Oswald acted alone on the day that may be true. The bits to come out are more if the CIA were aware of Oswald if so how aware to the extent of was the assassination by Oswald ordered by the CIA.
Umbrella man the explanation is it was a protest against Papa Joe appeasement of the Nazis when Ambassador in the UK with Chamberlain as PM being famous for his umbrella.....seriously that was the evidence given to the Senate Committee looking into the assassination by the guy with the Umbrella (allegedly) . Take your choice what you believe. My view is it was one of two signals one to the assassin or assassins or to JFK that it was the lack of cover to the men at Cuba (umbrella coverage) to explain to him why he was about to be killed.
All of which brings me back to Oswald was the lone killer (Warren was right) but he was part of something bigger not the lone nut....(Warren was wrong but the lack of evidence given gave the commission no other option). Do we get anything today to support my view I have said before no chance......will we get anything to change my view no chance.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 26-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Sam Spade's Avatar
Sam Spade Sam Spade is offline
Shot by both sides
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: With all the young dudes.
Posts: 4,602
Rep Power: 21474847
Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Of course it is unable to rebut claims that it was implicated in the murder of its own president. People like to believe the nonsense. It's fun. It's quirky.

Nothing whatsoever has emerged in the last 50 years to even hint the Warren commission findings were wrong.

It will be interesting to know what the CIA knew of Oswald. Just as it's interesting to know how much they knew of the 9/11 bombers. Both were well on the radar. But you can't watch these people 24 hours a day. There are people who seek to do us harm.
The House Select Committee on Assassinations found the Warren Commission's conclusions to be wrong as long ago as 1976.
I agree that people will believe what they want to believe. You seem to be a good example in this instance.
__________________
..still searching for those young soul rebels.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 26-10-2017, 10:08 AM
N Herts Eagle N Herts Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sturton Lincs
Age: 62
Posts: 8,782
Rep Power: 21474852
N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
The House Select Committee on Assassinations found the Warren Commission's conclusions to be wrong as long ago as 1976.
I agree that people will believe what they want to believe. You seem to be a good example in this instance.
Thats the Committee that settled on 4 shots on the dodgy acoustic evidence , yes that has a lot of credibility.....
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 26-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Sam Spade's Avatar
Sam Spade Sam Spade is offline
Shot by both sides
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: With all the young dudes.
Posts: 4,602
Rep Power: 21474847
Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Thats the Committee that settled on 4 shots on the dodgy acoustic evidence , yes that has a lot of credibility.....
I'm sure you're right.
__________________
..still searching for those young soul rebels.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 26-10-2017, 10:20 AM
N Herts Eagle N Herts Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sturton Lincs
Age: 62
Posts: 8,782
Rep Power: 21474852
N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I'm sure you're right.
Its the issue really I dont think many believe all the evidence has ever been presented, and I doubt it will ever be in my lifetime. So we get commissions and committees that are supposed to be conclusive , once the evidence is poured over any fault highlighted.
Put over that the nuts the conspiracy professionals who in this case earnt the money from books and you have a mountain of truth and lies to draw a conclusion from
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 26-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Baffled Bob 2 Baffled Bob 2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 52
Posts: 9,456
Rep Power: 21474849
Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
The House Select Committee on Assassinations found the Warren Commission's conclusions to be wrong as long ago as 1976.
We have two reports there. I know which of the two I find the most scholarly.

As you say, we'll all believe what we want to believe.
__________________
"I cheer and punch the air when we get a blatant penalty turned down now because we won't have to sit through the agony of a useless tosser missing it. Again." - Chocky 4-1-17
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 26-10-2017, 02:04 PM
mrgins's Avatar
mrgins mrgins is offline
Vermontster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cellar dweller
Posts: 126,653
Rep Power: 21474851
mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Myth busters, a US tv show that does as the label says, rigged up pig cadavers in vehicles to replicate the scene of the crime. After several attempts, they fired a bullet that did what everyone has been saying was impossible. I'm not saying either way, just reporting the facts
__________________
Always look on the bright side of life
Dee do
Dee do dee do dee do.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 26-10-2017, 02:13 PM
weltklasse's Avatar
weltklasse weltklasse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Posts: 30,101
Rep Power: 21474853
weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Depends if all those involved are dead or not.

But as they are making such a big deal, they will be still be treating people as idiots by feeding them this double bullshit. Maybe they can film it with moody lighting and retired personel reiterating therir comments on repeat around a multidunal number of advert breaks. They can fill in the 50 minutes with repeated shots of JFK in the car and Oswald surrounded by coppers. And finish with the widow looking stoic in a fashionable dress.

My conclusion is that we will not know a single thing more than we did, and the mystique of American conspiracy pop culture will live on.
I suspect JFK was taken out for blowing his load over his packed lunch.
__________________
Don't worry, boys, we'll weather this storm of approval and come out as hated as ever.

SaulAlinsky
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 26-10-2017, 02:14 PM
weltklasse's Avatar
weltklasse weltklasse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Posts: 30,101
Rep Power: 21474853
weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
Myth busters, a US tv show that does as the label says, rigged up pig cadavers in vehicles to replicate the scene of the crime. After several attempts, they fired a bullet that did what everyone has been saying was impossible. I'm not saying either way, just reporting the facts
Was David Cameron using his todger as the test bullet?
__________________
Don't worry, boys, we'll weather this storm of approval and come out as hated as ever.

SaulAlinsky
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 26-10-2017, 03:09 PM
nicky nicky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,090
Rep Power: 13709514
nicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Why?

Narcisstic, sexually frustrated inadequate, with a mundane job that happens to be on the motorcade route. Trained by the army to shoot in a country where you can buy mail order weapons. It's the perfect storm. Why look for more?
A conspiracy would have bought LHO a better rifle. And Joe Pesci a better wig.
__________________
It is far easier to be wise for others than to be so for oneself
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 26-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Harry Bassett Harry Bassett is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: In the year 1990
Posts: 2,680
Rep Power: 15309885
Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apart from just being alive which was necessary to understand the hope that JFK gave to the world, so fed up with ageing and half dead politicians. It is perhaps true that some of his lustre had worn off but his Presidency and his brother Robert were quite remarkable in the way they gave hope to so many which tends to now be overlooked because of thier assasinations
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 26-10-2017, 03:52 PM
art malice's Avatar
art malice art malice is offline
moving forward
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spitting distance of Millwall's training ground
Age: 47
Posts: 14,253
Rep Power: 21474848
art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
What's with the delay?

Bit dodgy if you ask me.
__________________
After the break, Goughy's thoughts on the new Lewis Hamilton deal.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 26-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Scifo's Avatar
Scifo Scifo is offline
Get the f* off my Cloud!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ballyholland, N.Ireland
Age: 36
Posts: 3,647
Rep Power: 14352250
Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
It's funny how perceptions have changed with this. When I was growing up in the 80's, peope had their suspicions and it was very much a credible conspiracy theory; after the JFK Oliver Stone film it was almost accepted that the lone gunman theory was rubbish and it was a cover up; then somehow in the naughties, it turned again and people thinking there was more than meets the eye are put in the same bracket as 9/11 truthers and false flag believers.
For me, it was a documentary I saw on BBC 2 about 10 years ago that showed Oliver Stone's film to be fundamentally dishonest.

I can't most of the details now ( except for them going through the magic bullet theory scene and showing it to be total bollocks), but I came away from it thinking that Oliver Stone hadn't just been looking at things from a different point of view, he inserted 'evidence' throughout the film that basic fact checking could easily have disproved and deceived a generation of people including me for the sake of making a movie
__________________
Jedi is the best you ignorant twat!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 26-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Golf Boy's Avatar
Golf Boy Golf Boy is offline
I'm not divorced
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not Copenhagen
Age: 48
Posts: 29,411
Rep Power: 21474850
Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
For me, it was a documentary I saw on BBC 2 about 10 years ago that showed Oliver Stone's film to be fundamentally dishonest.

I can't most of the details now ( except for them going through the magic bullet theory scene and showing it to be total bollocks), but I came away from it thinking that Oliver Stone hadn't just been looking at things from a different point of view, he inserted 'evidence' throughout the film that basic fact checking could easily have disproved and deceived a generation of people including me for the sake of making a movie
It was a film, not a documentary. The bit about LHO defecting to Russia and getting back with a wife with no one batting an eyelid seems true though - was it that easy to defect and come back in the cold war?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 26-10-2017, 04:13 PM
PeterH's Avatar
PeterH PeterH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santiago. Chile
Age: 52
Posts: 45,333
Rep Power: 21474854
PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Indeed. 'fundamentally dishonest' is a strange turn of phrase for something that can only be categorised as an entertainment.
__________________
"Be under no illusion that the reality of what I'm saying is the fact of the matter."
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 26-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Mad Max's Avatar
Mad Max Mad Max is offline
Yearning for Buckeye Road
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Harlow Essex
Age: 55
Posts: 30,203
Rep Power: 3335739
Mad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched a documentary within the last six months where so called experts came up with the theory that it was a secret serviceman that shot him by accident.Apparently after LHO fired the first shot the guy in the limmo reached down for an automatic gun which was in the footwell and as he was raising it flicked off the safety.He was moving the gun around to the right to return fire when the limmo lurched and he accidently pulled the trigger while it was level with JFK`s head hence why it was covered up.It was a fascinating doccy.
__________________
Trying to impersonate Shaggy and looking for Scooby Doo
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 26-10-2017, 04:21 PM
sw16girl's Avatar
sw16girl sw16girl is offline
A Fish without a Bike
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Effingham
Posts: 12,686
Rep Power: 21474849
sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Yes, it really doesn't matter that the most powerful western free democratic state remains unable to rebut claims that it was implicated in the murder of it's own President almost 54 years after the event.
Actually do you know what- it doesn't - it is pretty impossible to prove a negative and even if they did people would develop further theories or ignore the evidence.

Whatever happens when the papers are released everyone will carry on believing what they want to believe. It was over half a century ago. Anyone with any power then is now dead, it's been rehashed so many times that everything that could be said has been said. the only thing that would surprise me is if they find mention of a strange blue cupboard with the words Police Box on the outside which vanished shortly after the event.
__________________
Crystal Palace Supporters Trust
http://www.palacetrust.org.uk

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 26-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Sam Spade's Avatar
Sam Spade Sam Spade is offline
Shot by both sides
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: With all the young dudes.
Posts: 4,602
Rep Power: 21474847
Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Actually do you know what- it doesn't - it is pretty impossible to prove a negative and even if they did people would develop further theories or ignore the evidence.

Whatever happens when the papers are released everyone will carry on believing what they want to believe. It was over half a century ago. Anyone with any power then is now dead, it's been rehashed so many times that everything that could be said has been said. the only thing that would surprise me is if they find mention of a strange blue cupboard with the words Police Box on the outside which vanished shortly after the event.
Great. Go and watch Eastenders then.
__________________
..still searching for those young soul rebels.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 26-10-2017, 05:44 PM
cdm61 cdm61 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: selhurst
Posts: 11,239
Rep Power: 21474855
cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
In this sequence you clearly see two shots hit Kennedy

1 goes through the back of his neck - you can see him grab his throat

2 blows the right side of the back of his head off - his wife goes on to the back of the car and picks parts of his skull and try and put it back on to his head

I'd always wondered why she went onto the back of the car - now you can see why

It means he was hit twice - once from behind and once from the front

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 26-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Stellavista's Avatar
Stellavista Stellavista is online now
The Bringer of Joy
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Norf London
Posts: 23,200
Rep Power: 21474855
Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I remember reading an extract from a kid's essay on the assassination. 'The President was shot from the book suppository'. To be fair, blasting a hardback copy of War and Peace up his Chad would probably have proved fatal. As you were.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.