Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
Yes.
Mid-Day on BT Sport.

---------------------Speroni---------------
Fosu-Mensah---Dann(C)---Sakho---Schlupp

---------------Luca-------Cabaye----------

------Townsend----Loftus-Cheek------Zaha

----------------------Sako----------------

Subs-
Hennessey,Ward,VanAanholt,Tomkins,Reidewald,Punche on,KaiKai.
This for me although perhaps Reidewald as left back?

Schlupps not a convincing left back and a good leg freshening option from the bench in midfield. I guess everyone looks a bit better playing alongside Sako though.

Would also be happy if it’s Jimmy Mac instead of RLC
Old 31-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Think we will go with:

Speroni

Ward/TFM - Dann - Tomkins/Sakho - Ward/TFM

RLC/McArthur - Cabaye - Luka - Schlupp

Townsend - Wilf

Personally I would go with:

Speroni

TFM - Tomkins - Sakho (if fit) - Reideweld

Townsend - Cabaye - Luka - Schlupp

Sako - Wilf

Think we suffered when under pressure with TFM at left back, once West Ham dropped off he looked much more comfortable as he wasn't under so much pressure on his wrong side. Schlupp has been exposed too often for my liking when playing LB so only natural alternative is Reideweld (SP). Sako provided us with a target which Wilf benefited from greatly against West Ham and can hold it up well, which I think we will need against Spurs.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:31 AM

Eagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for youEagle96 is just too good for you
Schlupp at LB concerns me - was it just me who saw him get roasted about 8 times in the last 10 minutes by Antonio? Leaving acres of space on that flank for the entire time he switched to LB? PVA is worse and Souare is unfit, but after spending nearly £30M last January on left-backs I can't believe we still don't have a competent one. Poor, and frankly quite embarrassing.

Anyway, that said, their may be a case for playing Schlupp at LB vs Spurs, simply because they don't play with traditional wingers. They play 3 at the back with Aurier or Trippier at right-wing back, which may be easier to defend against than an out-and-out winger. Even when they play 4231 they play Son or Sissoko on the right, who naturally drift inside and wouldn't pose a direct threat to Schlupp.

I'd 100% drop Ward and start TFM, and pair Tomkins and Sakho at CB, the partnership that served us so well under SA, I think they have a better understanding than Dann and Sakho.
Old 31-10-2017, 10:45 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Speroni

TFM ---------- Tomkins ----------- Sakho ---------- Riedewald

McArthur --------- Cabaye --------- Luka ---------- Schlupp

Townsend ---------- Zaha

Subs: Hennessey, Dann, Souare, Ward, Sako, RLC, Puncheon

Got to start with this IMO and be difficult to break down. Spurs aren't all that at home and can be frustrated. If it doesn't work we've got Sako to come on up front and RLC to play #10 with Schlupp and McArthur coming off/Zaha and Townsend moving wider.
Old 31-10-2017, 10:55 AM

teesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Option 2 for me.

QUOTE=glaziers fan;13917328]------------------------Speroni--------------------------------
TFM---------Tomkins---------------Sakho---------Schlupp
Townsend----Cabaye-----------Milivojevic--------RLC
----------------Sako--------------Zaha---------------------

OR

-------------------------Speroni------------------------------------
TFM---------Tomkins-----------------Sakho-------------Schlupp
--------------------------Luka---------------------------------------
--------------Cabaye-------------------RLC-------------------------
Townsend---------------Sako-----------------------Zaha

OR

-------------------------------Speroni--------------------------------------
TFM------------Tomkins---------------------Sakho-------------Schlupp
McArthur-------Cabaye-----------------Milivojevic--------------RLC
----------------Townsend------------------Zaha-----------------------[/QUOTE]
Old 31-10-2017, 11:14 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
This is an easy team selection IMO - bar whether you play Tomkins or Dann. The second half against West Ham showed that we are much better with a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 formation. I know Sako isn't the greatest of strikers but we need a presence up front and he is our best option until Benteke returns. This then allows Wilf and Townsend to play in their best positions - on the wing - as well as RLC, who is much better in the centre with limited defensive duties.

I just hope Hodgson doesn't revert to type and go too negative/defensive.

----------------------------Speroni----------------------------

TFM----------Dann----------------Sakho------------Schlupp

--------------------Luka------------Cabaye-----------------

Townsend----------------RLC----------------Wilf-----------

---------------------------Sako-------------------------------

Subs:
Hennessey
Ward
Tomkins
Riedewald
McArthur
Puncheon
KaiKai
Old 31-10-2017, 12:34 PM

Frisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Speroni
Fosu-Mensah - Tomkins - Sakho. -Schlupp
Luka
McArthur - Cabaye
Loftus-Cheek
Townsend - Zaha

Subs: Hennessey, Dann, Ward, Riedewald, Puncheon, Lee, Sako,

Loftus-Cheek as a false 9nwith Townsend and Zaha on the wings. Midfield three of Luka, YC and JM can allow Wilf, Townsend and RLC to focus on attacking on the break.

Will be a toughie...
This for me. Close between Dann and Tomkins but the Sakho/Tomkins pairing worked v well last season. A narrow midfield 4 with the full backs and front two providing the width. If we get this side to click it will be hard for Benteke to get back in.

Looking forward to it.
Old 31-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me it would be harsh to make changes to a team that is slowly starting to get its belief back again as we saw in spells against West Ham where we played some good possession football at times.
However, this is now Spurs at home and determined to get back on track after Two defeats on the bounce, what will be crucial is the fitness of Kane as without his predatory finishing gives us hope, but anything from this game will be a huge bonus and a real boost to our morale.
They are so very good at coming forward out of defence and drawing defences out that we must combat that and try to smother their influential midfield, hence why i would tweek our system and lineup slightly especially if Sakho is fit and go with a 5-2-1-2 or 5-3-2 system and hit them on the quick counter with WZ and AT, this is how i would start.

------------------------------------Speroni--------------------------------------------------

------Ward------------Tomkins-----------Dann----------Sakho----------Schlupp------------

------------------Luka----------------------------Cabaye------------------------------

-----------------------------Loftus-Cheek--------------------------------------------------

---------------Zaha------------------------------Townsend-----------------------------------
Old 31-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Hennessy for me, he might just be a statue of a gk standing in the middle of the goal but Speroni had 2 shots to deal with Saturday missed both and N'castle a taller man would have easily got a hand to it.
Ward at RB he's the better defender and we have to get to ht without conceding, Spuds won't help us like Wet Spam did.
Tomkins or Dann, Dann has the greater goal threat but I think for Spuds a bit of speed in defence will be more useful.
Swap Schlupp and PVA around to improve the defence.

----------------------------Hennessey----------------------------

Ward----------Tomkins----------------Sakho------------Schlupp

--------RLC------------Luka--------Cabaye--------PVA

---------------Townsend------------Wilf--------------------
Old 31-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Hennessy for me, he might just be a statue of a gk standing in the middle of the goal but Speroni had 2 shots to deal with Saturday missed both and N'castle a taller man would have easily got a hand to it.
Ward at RB he's the better defender and we have to get to ht without conceding, Spuds won't help us like Wet Spam did.
Tomkins or Dann, Dann has the greater goal threat but I think for Spuds a bit of speed in defence will be more useful.

Speroni had no chance with those two goals. Unbelievable.
Old 31-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Don't think so!
Can we get away from this old bollocks about the size of the Wembley pitch.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Speroni had no chance with those two goals. Unbelievable.
I know, it seems all the goals he concedes he has no chance with.
Old 31-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
The odd mishap apart, that's generally the case with decent goalies.
Old 31-10-2017, 04:40 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This is the thing about Speroni, he was always pretty poor at stopping most high shots and now he cant seem to stop any. That said, I prefer him to Hennessey. Jules is more confident and is very good at stopping the low shots.
Wayne has zero confidence and cant seem to stop any shots.
Its a sh1t situation.
Old 31-10-2017, 04:57 PM

desperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdesperado came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Speroni hasn't made a significant save in any of the three games he has played

Every half decent shot or header on target results in a goal against us

Whoever is playing in goal we need to have the mind set Pulis installed, limit the opposition to as few shots on target as possible

Signing a competent Premier League goalkeeper in January has to be the number one transfer priority
It is five!
Old 31-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Not at all. Just be fair - there is no way he could have saved those on Saturday.

Hennessey has been failing for the past two seasons yet some want him to start games. Baffling. Either way, we need a new No 1 in January.
Old 31-10-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
Speroni hasn't made a significant save in any of the three games he has played

Every half decent shot or header on target results in a goal against us

Whoever is playing in goal we need to have the mind set Pulis installed, limit the opposition to as few shots on target as possible

Signing a competent Premier League goalkeeper in January has to be the number one transfer priority
Not true - he made a couple of very good saves against Chelsea (e.g. from Alonso's header). His positioning is so superior to Hennessey's that he also makes more saves that look routine because of his better positioning. He anticipates more effectively as well. He's just a better keeper, even at 38, which says a lot about Hennessey's failings.
Old 31-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unbelievable to think that Speroni is being blamed for the goals especially for that thunderbolt 2nd goal that flew into the top corner, i am struggling to think of a keeper that might have saved it (maybe de Gear). With the First there might be a case, but again it was so unexpected and taken with the outside of his boot which may have wrong footed and deceived JS.
Old 31-10-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Unbelievable to think that Speroni is being blamed for the goals especially for that thunderbolt 2nd goal that flew into the top corner, i am struggling to think of a keeper that might have saved it (maybe de Gear). With the First there might be a case, but again it was so unexpected and taken with the outside of his boot which may have wrong footed and deceived JS.
Exactly. It's bizarre.
Old 31-10-2017, 05:59 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Got to be to our advantage that Spurs face Real Madrid 3 days before us.

Mind you i thought that about Man U playing in Moscow 3 days before we met and look what happened. Still, I think we couldn't ask for a better lead up to Saturday. Hopefully the game will be a block buster, end to end affair with Spurs nicking it....nicely physically and mentally spent for The Palace.