Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Whats a breakfast slice?
I wanted to ask that as well.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:00 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I think it must be some constituted bacon/sausage product that is made from the pork sweepings, fat and water.

Like a spam fritter without the batter.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:04 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I get all meat from the local butchers.

As ethical as you can get. And great quality/price
Old 31-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I think it must be some constituted bacon/sausage product that is made from the pork sweepings, fat and water.

Like a spam fritter without the batter.
I'm going to seek some out for my packed lunch.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
TBF they are pretty good with their poultry, the best of the major supermarkets I'd say.
I agree that the co-op probably do sell the least abused chickens amongst the various supermarket chains.

But that's like being the best of the worst. In simple terms, their chickens are reared to the Red Tractor standard or fractionally above these days.

The odd hay bale, windows that apparently flood the unit with natural light (but no requirement to ever clean them so obviously the producer doesn't), no more than IIRC 30ish kg of live chicken per square metre, etc.

I don't consider that pretty good, it's just less disgusting than other industrial producers.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:11 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I loosen my trouser belt, and drop my trousers to the floor. My sweaty boxers cling to my fat @r5e, but I pull them down. I sink into the toilet seat, filling the void with my bulging buttocks.
I unload. An avalanche of mud. My nostrils flare with the stench of poo and I want to vomit. . . .and that is supermarket meat
Old 31-10-2017, 07:13 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Whats a breakfast slice?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I wanted to ask that as well.
I assumed that's square sausage which I'd assume is freely available in Aberdeen?
Old 31-10-2017, 07:22 PM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
I'm none the wiser.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:22 PM
XXVII

little al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle al came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I assumed that's square sausage which I'd assume is freely available in Aberdeen?
It is, and its horrid. Square sausage, also known as Lorne sausage.

And its nothing like the breakfast slice just posted.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
It is, and its horrid.
It wasn't horrid back when I was a kid, I loved it.

Mind you it was from a butcher not a supermarket.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
And its nothing like the breakfast slice just posted.
Because that is Irish shit, not Scottish shit.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All sounds and looks like shit - Breakfast Slice looks like thin cut Spam. Fine for a packed Lunch I guess
Old 31-10-2017, 07:53 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
All sounds and looks like shit - Breakfast Slice looks like thin cut Spam. Fine for a packed Lunch I guess
You can't have raw breakfast slices. Wrong
Old 31-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I agree that the co-op probably do sell the least abused chickens amongst the various supermarket chains.

But that's like being the best of the worst. In simple terms, their chickens are reared to the Red Tractor standard or fractionally above these days.

The odd hay bale, windows that apparently flood the unit with natural light (but no requirement to ever clean them so obviously the producer doesn't), no more than IIRC 30ish kg of live chicken per square metre, etc.

I don't consider that pretty good, it's just less disgusting than other industrial producers.
I get your sentiment and am not religiously extolling co-op poultry. Just a question of striking a balance and tbh we all buy this stuff occasionally and they are relatively good. They have to compete in the market so can't wander too far off the likes of tesco in terms of price. If they weren't doing that then there isn't the option for a lot of people.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Have been going through Raymond Blanc's 'How to Cook Well' TV series again, and was pleasantly reminded that he visited Nathan Mills at The Butchery (under the Bermondsey arches) in the Slow Cooking episode. he even ends up having a bottle of Kernel with him.

The Butchery is another favourite of the Sunday Roast thread regulars and this episode is well worth watching on iPlayer for anyone looking for a top-notch, responsible butcher.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 02-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not really taken much notice how bad the meat has been in my life till recently. Our family had been having a terrible time with stomach aches for months, we changed the fridge freezer thinking it was at fault. I mentioned it to a work colleague and he asked if we purchased our meat from tesco’s, we did and said he used to work as a driver for them. He told me how bad they looked after the meat when delivering, leaving it outside refrigerated lorries or outside the storage fridges and freezers for ages. He advised swapping to a different supermarket and buying from local butchers. We did this back in July and although we still buy a few meaty items, none of us have had a problem since.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
I've just copied this from T&G's website:

'Every piece of meat we offer has been raised naturally, lived the best of lives and is completely hormone, antibiotic and cruelty-free. After all, only animals that have been well bred and cared for can result in something that tastes truly amazing.'

There is a world of difference between the factory farmed stuff that supermarkets pump out and the meat that's available through some of our butchers.

You might have to pay a bit more, but find yourself a good one and you won't look back.
Turner and George is wonderful. Had another delivery this morning. Freezer well stocked up.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post

Yummy.
Lol this is a family classic clip in our household. It's almost as if they're laughing in your face if you still eat hotdogs after seeing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 03-12-2017, 12:05 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Worst meat product I ever had were these frozen meat cubes from Iceland. Put a them in a curry and it turned into slurry curry. Chucked it out.

I'm a smug vegan these days, but just keep me away from smelling tandoori chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ