Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-10-2017, 05:05 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
Proof if ever you needed it why you should never leave a game early
Like I did yesterday
Old 29-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Simon Osborn v Blackburn opening day 1992 was well into injury time and the last kick of the game
Latest non goal - Andy Roberts against Pompey 1995/96 when the ref blew as he rifled home
Old 29-10-2017, 08:44 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Scannell vs Coventry at home I seem to recall, in 2011?

A rare home league game that I missed along with yesterday as well. A strange coincidence that will only interest my self of course.
That was Jermaine Easter, but there was another match where Scannell did get a very late winner and we won 1-0 can't remember who against though
Old 29-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
Powell up at Sunderland?
Also Benteke at Sunderland last season was very late
Old 29-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
That was Jermaine Easter, but there was another match where Scannell did get a very late winner and we won 1-0 can't remember who against though
Sheffield Wednesday?
Old 29-10-2017, 09:01 PM

kiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andy Lineghan at the death to equalise with an astonishing header at the White Horse Lane End in extra-time against Tranmere Rovers at SP, forcing a penalty shoot-out which we won but rightly deserved to lose!!
Old 29-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Sheffield Wednesday?
Correct
Old 29-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Speron1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
We were 1 nil down going into the 90th minute and won 2-1
A young Wilfried Zaha came on as an early sub that match due to an injury and absolutely tore Coventry a new one. I said to my mate the next day I thought he could one day be a £15 million player
Old 30-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
3-3 up at Newcastle a few seasons ago was a 97th minute equaliser
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 30-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
3-3 up at Newcastle a few seasons ago was a 97th minute equaliser
And Wilf with that one too.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 £5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 30-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sheffield Wednesday?
Not Barnsley ??
Old 30-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Not Barnsley ??
Barnsley was later, at the end of one of the worst games I've ever been to.

Everyone was getting ready to boo the team off and then Scannell pops up with a diving header.
Old 30-10-2017, 04:17 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Technically speaking, the very latest must have come in extra time in a cup replay or play-off. The latest that I can remember was against Watford in the 1995 FA Cup 5th Round; the only goal of the game scored by George Ndah. I thought it was at the very death but the only on-line reference I can find puts it at 118th minute.

Any later ones spring to mind?
Old 30-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Not again Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Technically speaking, the very latest must have come in extra time in a cup replay or play-off. The latest that I can remember was against Watford in the 1995 FA Cup 5th Round; the only goal of the game scored by George Ndah. I thought it was at the very death but the only on-line reference I can find puts it at 118th minute.

who was in goal for Watford that day.......Kevin Miller (who at the time had kept 12 consecutive clean sheets)
Old 30-10-2017, 04:33 PM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post

Remember that game well - it was bloody cold!

Have we scored a goal later in the season that Ian Wright's 2nd goal in the Blackburn play-off? 117th minute on 3rd June.
Old 30-10-2017, 04:41 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
who was in goal for Watford that day.......Kevin Miller (who at the time had kept 12 consecutive clean sheets)
Keith Millen in central defence too with Jamie Moralee up front.
Old 30-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Aki’s goal at West Brom away in 2005 was incredibly late and just after Earnshaw thought he’d won it in stoppage time for them.

Really thought that was us safe at the point.
Old 30-10-2017, 05:15 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What about that ridiculous Swansea away game, one of those must have been in the 97thish minute!!!
Old 30-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear View Post
What about that ridiculous Swansea away game, one of those must have been in the 97thish minute!!!
Don't remind me. Missed the train home as well
Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Two very late goals at Boro in the Simod Cup all those years ago; in the days before boards with added minutes, so difficult to know exactly how late.