Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:22 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
He should be our number one target.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
He appears to be a bit part player at Everton at the moment. Would they be interested in selling and would he be interested in coming back to London?

Quick, very young and could work well playing off Benteke or as another option on the wing.

Good shout.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As people have pointed out on here before, KaiKai has more goals than Lookman despite not being as much of a striker, at the same level, with a weaker side.

And we don't need a prospect signed up front, we need a genuine 1st team ready option now ideally.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 01-01-2018, 11:32 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
He should be our number one target.
Indeed he should but at the right price.other would be Danny ings but think he will stay up north
Old 05-01-2018, 12:01 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
Indeed he should but at the right price.other would be Danny ings but think he will stay up north
Lookman is a South London boy. We should hoover up the South London talent.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
As people have pointed out on here before, KaiKai has more goals than Lookman despite not being as much of a striker, at the same level, with a weaker side.
stats again

*sigh
Old 05-01-2018, 12:24 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post

And we don't need a prospect signed up front, we need a genuine 1st team ready option now ideally.

kai kai is also 2 years older. What was his record up to the age Lookman now is?
Old 05-01-2018, 12:29 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
KaiKai wouldnt play regularly in League 1. Lookman was bought for £10mil for a reason.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Lookman is a South London boy. We should hoover up the South London talent.
South London or not, he cost Everton around £10m and has started only 4 or 5 PL games in a year.

For that kind of money we need people who are ready to play for us now, wherever they grew up.

There are players in the lower leagues with similar potential who could be signed at a fraction of the likely fee and wages. Better to gamble with them than risk a lot more on someone who has already performed below expectations.

Last edited by penguin7; 05-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Something odd about the whole Lookman thing, made his debut I think against us the other year and from the second he came on the boy looked something else.

Since then seems to have barely got a look in and never mentioned! Apart from a couple of outings around the time Koeman left - but didn't seem to do much.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:51 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We should have made more of an effort to sign him before but I suspect he made the call himself to go to Everton. We really need some reinforcements on the wing and I would love to see us take him. Not sure it will happen but you never know.

Also putting one over the Clowns would be great, though the difference between us at the moment is big enough as it is.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I believe we could have had him previous to Everton move, I think it was posted on here
Old 05-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
KaiKai wouldnt play regularly in League 1. Lookman was bought for £10mil for a reason.
Erm...???

Sept 2016– Jan 2017 → Brentford (loan) 18 (3)

That was in the Championship...

and previous season prior in League 1 - where he "wouldnt play regularly":

Shrewsbury Town (loan) 2015–16 League One 26 (12)

Incidently, Lookman's stats in league one:

2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 45 (10)

Before someone says it, lies stats and damn statistics but makes a mockery out of the above comment!

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 05-01-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:04 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
He will be decent player no doubt but does look like he moved to the Prem a couple of seasons too early
Old 05-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Erm...???

Sept 2016– Jan 2017 → Brentford (loan) 18 (3)

That was in the Championship...

and previous season prior in League 1 - where he "wouldnt play regularly":

Shrewsbury Town (loan) 2015–16 League One 26 (12)

Incidently, Lookman's stats in league one:

2015–2017 Charlton Athletic 45 (10)

Before someone says it, lies stats and damn statistics but makes a mockery out of the above comment!
Agreed ! Andros Townsend was loaned out to the lower leagues by Spurs for years. And he was about the same age as Kaikai is now before they gave him a proper chance in the PL. He was playing for England soon after.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:44 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I believe we could have had him previous to Everton move, I think it was posted on here
Yeah we went in on deadline day the window before he signed for Everton with an unsurprisingly derisory offer and it was turned down.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
He will be decent player no doubt but does look like he moved to the Prem a couple of seasons too early
Possibly. Seeing how weak our squad is though, I would see him being a fairly key member of it. I could see him coming off the bench for 30 mins fairly regularly, and then getting the odd start due to injury. He’ll also be learning off two brilliant and very different wingers.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Yeah we went in on deadline day the window before he signed for Everton with an unsurprisingly derisory offer and it was turned down.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we agree £9m, Everton then offered £10m which we wern't prepared to go to?
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Lookman is the bollocks. Palace player through and through.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:31 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I'd be very surprised if they were even prepared to let him go. Let alone the fee they would ask.