Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 31-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Podcasts....podcasts everywhere.....

Why are podcasts like buses? Miss one and there's another one along in a minute, usually with 2 right behind that.

Though I do appreciate the hard work etc some people put into their efforts...could we just have a podcast thread, instead of loads of threads popping up.

We could call it the Podcast Discussion thread to fit in with the latest trend of "Discussion" named threads.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
Or you could make a podcast review podcast and then post a thread about it?
Old 31-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle View Post
Or you could make a podcast review podcast and then post a thread about it?
I'd have to listen to them all then. I don't have time for all that, I have packed lunch to make.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
You could avoid listening to them all by reading out aloud all the BBS comments on the podcasts by others like a Dave Gorman Found Poem?
Old 31-10-2017, 07:27 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Yes the recent proliferation of 'discussion' threads is a point worthy of discussion...although for convenience and to avoid such comments becoming dissipated and lost, I would suggest that a 'discussion threads discussion' thread would make a handy single point of reference.

As for the podcasts...ashamed to say I have never listened to a Palace one. Regarding podcasts in general though, I am old and I struggle to see the motivation for getting one started in the first place (assuming you are not already famous with an established following who will hang on your every word). It's the presumed 'I have something of value to say and I want everyone to hear it' stance which I struggle to get my head around. A similar thing is also now starting to proliferate on LinkedIn, where you see 'business leaders' publishing a couple of minutes video which is simply them as a taking head peddling their latest management theory. It's amazing how all of these are based on a personal true life story which can be used as an analogy for the leadership technique being discussed. 'I was walking down the High Street yesterday and there was a homeless man sitting outside Argos. Rather than walk by, I decided to stop and talk. He explained to me how he used to work in a Tupperware factory...' etc etc and so on and so forth.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Mr Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
A similar thing is also now starting to proliferate on LinkedIn, where you see 'business leaders' publishing a couple of minutes video which is simply them as a taking head peddling their latest management theory. It's amazing how all of these are based on a personal true life story which can be used as an analogy for the leadership technique being discussed. 'I was walking down the High Street yesterday and there was a homeless man sitting outside Argos. Rather than walk by, I decided to stop and talk. He explained to me how he used to work in a Tupperware factory...' etc etc and so on and so forth.
Sounds like Arsenal TV for the terminally dull, although I admit Arsenal TV is Arsenal TV for the permanently dull already.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:35 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
You could avoid listening to them all by reading out aloud all the BBS comments on the podcasts by others like a Dave Gorman Found Poem?
Isn't that what they already are?

Quote:
Yes the recent proliferation of 'discussion' threads is a point worthy of discussion...although for convenience and to avoid such comments becoming dissipated and lost, I would suggest that a 'discussion threads discussion' thread would make a handy single point of reference.
A point worthy of discussion.

Quote:
As for the podcasts...ashamed to say I have never listened to a Palace one. Regarding podcasts in general though, I am old and I struggle to see the motivation for getting one started in the first place (assuming you are not already famous with an established following who will hang on your every word). It's the presumed 'I have something of value to say and I want everyone to hear it' stance which I struggle to get my head around. A similar thing is also now starting to proliferate on LinkedIn, where you see 'business leaders' publishing a couple of minutes video which is simply them as a taking head peddling their latest management theory. It's amazing how all of these are based on a personal true life story which can be used as an analogy for the leadership technique being discussed. 'I was walking down the High Street yesterday and there was a homeless man sitting outside Argos. Rather than walk by, I decided to stop and talk. He explained to me how he used to work in a Tupperware factory...' etc etc and so on and so forth.
Yes, is very much a "MEMEME......YOU MUST LISTEN TO MEEEEEEEE!" attitude.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes...only now, due to "everyone" being an ever increasing number, this has been reduced to 30 seconds.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a podcast evangelist, there's so many good ones around, but I'm struggling to keep up. The Guardian had a good article yesterday listing some ones to check out: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Mr Irony

I must admit it's only recently that I realised there was more than one Palace podcast. I would just see that a thread was about a podcast and only occasionally clicked on them.

The only time I've listened to them is when Parish has shipped up and seeing as I don't really respect the guy's business capability any more I don't even listen to him now.

Perhaps podcast and fanzine advertising should have its own separate forum?
Old 31-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Mr Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Knight View Post
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a podcast evangelist, there's so many good ones around, but I'm struggling to keep up. The Guardian had a good article yesterday listing some ones to check out: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Yes, I do like good, professionally produced podcasts, where the contributors are taking a non-partisan view.
Old 31-10-2017, 07:45 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just subscribe to them and they’ll download automatically. No need to check here
Old 31-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Last edited by Lego Knight; 31-10-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 31-10-2017, 10:15 AM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Even worse is making post where the poster says, 'I said the same thing on my Pod, the link is in my huge signature, please listen to my pod'

THEDESPERATEPALACEPODCAST LINK
[PLEASE LISTEN
Old 31-10-2017, 10:20 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I’ve been discussing the antics of a bald androgynous child who marches purposefully towards the camera in my new bodcast if anyone gives a fvck
Old 31-10-2017, 02:46 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
The poster sc whatever is frankly taking the piss with the bold red advertising.
Old 31-10-2017, 03:03 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
They're all shit. Listened to one for the first time the other day and in 40 minutes of drivel I summarised that it's nothing you couldn't get off of here or Twitter in about 5 minutes.
Old 31-10-2017, 03:15 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
The poster sc whatever is frankly taking the piss with the bold red advertising.
It also sounds incredibly dull and pretentious - a critical thinking podcast - whatever the **** that means.
Old 31-10-2017, 03:57 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
His signature seems to go in size in accordance with his desperation.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:36 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sounds like Arsenal TV for the terminally dull, although I admit Arsenal TV is Arsenal TV for the permanently dull already.
The casts are better than Arsenal TV and other similar wank programmes. You do them a disservice by comparing them.

If we ever have Palace TV, we will need to bury our heads in shame.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:49 AM
Quicker than the human I

hong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethong_kong_hg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Iíve been discussing the antics of a bald androgynous child who marches purposefully towards the camera in my new bodcast if anyone gives a fvck