Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
haha lovely dig
I see you made your signature slightly smaller, ... some way still to go.

EDIT, Actually it is the same size, maybe make it smaller?

Last edited by MFBias; 01-11-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
A strange assumption that people who express a dislike of podcasts are the "Angriest in the world".

My small complaint is the amount of threads started by each podcaster, and why can't we have just one catch all thread where BBSers can be made aware of the newest one. For what it';s worth the FYP one is the only one I have listened to, and the Andy Gray one was excellent, however, I do think a bit of editing wouldn't go amiss.
To be fair, we started doing podcast threads (along with the Holmesdale one) because people wanted to find the latest FYP one. The fact that it seems to have started a trend is something we can't control.

We started podcasts because we saw it as an opportunity to discuss and share views on Palace's performances. We don't all agree but equally we don't go into these things with the intention of being controversial. We get a fair few listens every week and the majority of feedback is positive. Of course it's a shame that some people don't like what we do but that's individual taste -- we can't influence that.

We also don't expect people to want to listen to what we have to say. It's an optional thing. You can choose to click on the FYP podcast thread. You can choose to click on the Holmesdale one. You can choose to ignore them. None of this is a requirement of being a Palace fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I used to like FYP podcast when it was in the Waterfront in Streatham. That pub background noise used have the soothing affect and send me to sleep.
We would have liked to carry on there but the place changed owners twice in a short space of time and in doing so it became less of a welcoming place for our podcasts. Ho hum.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like the Magic Sponge.

Its very deliberate - But good - Often Jimmys mates etc but I enjoy it.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What's HLTCO dun?
Old 01-11-2017, 03:51 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Podcasts....podcasts everywhere.....

FWIW....

I love the FYP one.
I like the Hol one.

My commute to work is worse off without listening to a Palace pod. I have the best part of 5 hours a week to fill whilst driving and I would prefer a Palace pod ahead of listening to any commercial radio shit. When I run out of Palace pods, I then listen to the Five live pod which is normally daily but Iím a few days behind by the time I listen to them. On a Friday evening commute, I listen to the Roy press conference.

What other Palace ones are there bar FYP and HOL? Links please.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:29 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
I like the Magic Sponge.

Its very deliberate - But good - Often Jimmys mates etc but I enjoy it.
Me too. Its very funny at times.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:35 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
I only listen to the FYP, I tried some others but one is enough for me. I like having a thread to be able to be able to discuss things that come up on it or hear other listeners thoughts, and also a place for questions for the show. It is a shame there has been an anti-BBS slant this season from the FYP, which this thread wont help.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:37 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndyStreet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I used to like FYP podcast when it was in the Waterfront in Streatham. That pub background noise used have the soothing affect and send me to sleep.
God I miss that pub.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:01 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
I have to say i'm absolutely delighted there isn't an AFTV equivalent at Palace. Long may that continue.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
I have to say i'm absolutely delighted there isn't an AFTV equivalent at Palace. Long may that continue.
It's blatantly going to happen one day. In hdeagle we have our very own Ty, so who's going to be Claude?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:04 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Threads about podcasts are easy to avoid if you're not interested.

Having separate ones for each pod is helpful to know when a new one has been released. FYP is really good but I might well miss it being released without the thread being bumped.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:58 AM

BeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeaverWilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post

Having separate ones for each pod is helpful to know when a new one has been released. FYP is really good but I might well miss it being released without the thread being bumped.
Agreed.

Just listened to a new one recorded by a bunch of guys in Australia which was an interesting take. Wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't seen their thread and I'm glad they posted it up on here. Makes sense to do so seeing as their target audience you'd think would be other palace fans.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
It's blatantly going to happen one day. In hdeagle we have our very own Ty, so who's going to be Claude?
We discussed it a while ago. We won't do it. There isn't a taste for it and typically it makes fans look like idiots.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:40 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScroatey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"Podcasts killed the radio star..." worried Maidstoned as The Buggles 7" spun on his wheels of steel.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:05 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
I like both main podcasts but any beyond them would have to offer something quite different, a lot more light hearted maybe with a different format. Having all the pods in one thread would end up being confusing imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Penstone is the obvious choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
What's HLTCO dun?
lots of followers on twitter and getting paid for the blog via Patreon
Old 02-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post

Really? One podcast thread where each podder can post that their latest edition is out wouldn't be enough for you?
Old 02-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It is a shame there has been an anti-BBS slant this season from the FYP, which this thread wont help.
Why?
Old 02-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Iíve been discussing the antics of a bald androgynous child who marches purposefully towards the camera in my new bodcast if anyone gives a fvck
After your Peter Wyngarde>Lingard, I'd certainly give it a whirl!
Old 02-11-2017, 08:19 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I listened to one of the Russell Brand ones. Enjoyable, he loves his long words, though. The one with Frankie Boyle. I will catch a few others / a soothing listen if you are not doing very much.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:27 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Really? One podcast thread where each podder can post that their latest edition is out wouldn't be enough for you?
Can't you just ignore the threads if you don't like them? It's not compulsory to participate in every thread on this website.

And to be honest I'd rather not have to read one thread about a load of separate podcasts just to find out if the latest FYP has been released or to find out if they have a special guest or something.