Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-10-2017, 08:23 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Your famous person anecdotes

Come on, we all love to hear them.

Can be as mundane, ludicrous, salacious or damn right weird as you wish. Could be first hand or passed on from a friend.

A couple to get started...

The night we won promotion in '89 I ended up at the Crystals nightclub to celebrate with mates when to my surprise a load of the Palace team actually turned up too to join in the celebrations. Had a great night chatting with some of the lads, who were all worse for wear. Geoff Thomas was hilarious - he actually had missed the last half of the season with a hernia. Was talking to him about it when suddenly he says, 'do ya wanna see me scar?'. Before I could even answer him he'd whipped his trousers down and lowered his pants to show me while laughing his head off. Northerners!

Back in the early 80's a female friend of mine who was about 10 at the time was hanging out at an Edinburgh theatre. Her dad was working on lighting there at the time. Anyway, Rolf Harris turned up and she was introduced to him. He proceeded to theatrically kiss her several times right up both arms. She thought nothing of it at the time; just thought it was a bit of a joke and was just chuffed that such a famous name had shown interest in her. Obviously time has shone a different light on his actions.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:25 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Noel Gallagher told me to **** off when I asked if I could buy him a pint in a pub near Bond Street in about 2000.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:26 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Frank Sinclair told me to **** off when I asked if I could by him a drink in a nightclub in Leicester after Palace had won 3-0 there in the league cup.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:30 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
Frank Sinclair told me to **** off when I asked if I could by him a drink in a nightclub in Leicester after Palace had won 3-0 there in the league cup.
That's brilliant.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
Noel Gallagher told me to **** off when I asked if I could buy him a pint in a pub near Bond Street in about 2000.
Classic. Was he angry or was it a friendly **** off?
Old 31-10-2017, 08:31 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Malarkey England mascot with David Beckham
Chewbacca England mascot with David Beckham and Calamity James
Old 31-10-2017, 08:40 PM

When I was about 10 back in the 80's, my mates dad took me and his son to see Southampton v Leicester. He was trying to tick off all 92 grounds so when Palace were away we'd end up at some new ground or another. This was the time of the mad tall fences on the terraces. During the game the ball ended up on the terraces, bobbling about at the front right in front of me so I went to get it and throw it back. Peter Shilton, in goal for the Saints, came over to the otherside of the fence waiting for the ball. The fences were so high that it actually took me about 3 go's to get it over. Obviously the pressure of Shilts waiting and the crowd cheering wasn't helping matters. It was 0-0 and I could see Shilton getting more and more impatient. At some point during my pathetic attempts i looked up at him and he said wearily, 'All the time in the world son...all the time in the world'.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:42 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
When I lived in Edinburgh a taxi driver who drank in my then local had Sean Connery in the back of his cab. Mr Connery asked the guy to drive around various parts of Edinburgh while he gave a running commentary, of where did this and where he had done that. When the taxi got onto Connery's milk round route, the taxi driver turned around and said 'ah so you used to be milkman then. What do you do now?'
Old 31-10-2017, 08:50 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m quite lucky with my job I get the odd moment.
My favourite one was a chat after the Q Awards with Liam Gallagher at an after party.
I don’t really go and say hi often but me and my boss thought “it’s Liam innit, we can’t not say hi.”

He basically spent 10 minutes telling us how he was going to win a MOBO. It was all a bit surreal so I offered to get him a drink.

“I don’t need no ******* drink. I’ve ducking got one.” Proper intimidating. Then... “but thanks. You’re safe.”

The guys like a Jedi though. He’s definitely got a presenc.

I got to know a couple of players in our administration says in 2010. I ended up going to a gig with one and a few of the players were there. Paddy McCarthy tried it on with my missus.
I was all invited to join the players in Belkenham after the Shef Weds game. As we were sorting out how to get there (I’d been drinking about 17 hours straight by this point) I told them they could all make love to my girlfriend (now wife) who promptly stopped ya going to join.
Old 31-10-2017, 08:58 PM

This is an anecdote i heard on the radio once back in the 90's and it has always stuck with me because I've always wanted to know who it was. Tommy Boyd was the host on Talk Radio and was discussing the film 'Indecent Proposal' where a rich guy offers a million dollars to the poor couple to sleep with the guys wife. A woman called in to the show and said a few years back her husband, a window cleaner, was cleaning windows at a top hotel in London when a very famous female American actress took a shine to him. After a chat she offered him a ridiculous amount of money to sleep with her. He declined initially but said he would if his wife agreed. Well this woman was all for it and allowed him to do the deed. Didn't seem like any jealousy her side, she just thought the money on offer was far too good for them to turn down for a meaningless bit of rumpy pumpy.

Tommy Boyd actually went off air momentarily to find out the name of the celebrity but of course never said it on air. Has made me wonder ever since.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:06 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
This is an anecdote i heard on the radio once back in the 90's and it has always stuck with me because I've always wanted to know who it was. Tommy Boyd was the host on Talk Radio and was discussing the film 'Indecent Proposal' where a rich guy offers a million dollars to the poor couple to sleep with the guys wife. A woman called in to the show and said a few years back her husband, a window cleaner, was cleaning windows at a top hotel in London when a very famous female American actress took a shine to him. After a chat she offered him a ridiculous amount of money to sleep with her. He declined initially but said he would if his wife agreed. Well this woman was all for it and allowed him to do the deed. Didn't seem like any jealousy her side, she just thought the money on offer was far too good for them to turn down for a meaningless bit of rumpy pumpy.

Tommy Boyd actually went off air momentarily to find out the name of the celebrity but of course never said it on air. Has made me wonder ever since.
I've met ol TB a few times... he lives in Chichester and used to get the train to Brighton to do a radio show for BBC Southern Counties... nice fella.

I had a 10 min chat with Nick Cave a few weeks ago... chatted about mortgages and Steve Coogan.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I've met ol TB a few times... he lives in Chichester and used to get the train to Brighton to do a radio show for BBC Southern Counties... nice fella.

I had a 10 min chat with Nick Cave a few weeks ago... chatted about mortgages and Steve Coogan.
You've met Tommy! I'm jealous! Used to listen to his shows religiously. Loved the guy. Rubs people up the wrong way sometimes but has a great Socratic style of conversation. Quite a deep fella.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Classic. Was he angry or was it a friendly **** off?
More angry. I was having a lunchtime beer with a mate and he was sat in the corner with a near empty glass. When I went to the bar I asked if I could buy him a drink. He just looked at me and said **** off and finished his beer before going to the bar and buying himself another.

Me and my mate thought it was funny but I don't think he did.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
That's brilliant.
I might have responded by telling him he was a useless twat. MIGHT have...
Old 31-10-2017, 09:41 PM

Oh, I met Darren Ward at the top of the Empire State Building one year. Got his very fit missus to take a picture of us.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:50 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Eric Clapton nearly ran me over in his Merc. I gave him the finger.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:50 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:

Sounds like one of those made up ‘readers letters’ fantasies in an 80s bongo mag
Old 31-10-2017, 11:45 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Right after the West Ham game on Saturday I got talking to the bloke who rode his bike to every palace game last season for charity. I commented on the fact that he was using the same bike, and he told me that this was the first game this season he'd used it, and said his wife resented his leaving her to catch the train.

I don't think for a moment he knew he was talking to the poster who said he hoped he wouldn't complete the challenge.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Oh, just remembered...

Driving down the M1, must have been late 2002, passed a load of black minibuses which were taking the Newcastle Falcons team to a game.

At the next services they'd all stopped so I thought I'd see who was around and grab a couple of autographs.

First Rob Andrew, signed the back of a business card and I asked if many other players were around. "Most have them have gone for a piss."

On my way in to buy a drink, I passed Doddie Weir and without even thinking I just said "Do you know if Jonny (Wilkinson) is in the toilet?". Doddie just said "yes" and before I could even ask for his autograph, he'd hurriedly moved along!

FYI - I did get Jonny Wilkinson's autograph, but it wasn't while he was in the toilet!
Old 01-11-2017, 08:23 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
You've met Tommy! I'm jealous! Used to listen to his shows religiously. Loved the guy. Rubs people up the wrong way sometimes but has a great Socratic style of conversation. Quite a deep fella.

He still does the occasional show on TalkRadio (DAB only) usually covering for Iain Lee. I think he does fostering now. Used to love the Human Zoo