Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-11-2017, 08:36 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Right after the West Ham game on Saturday I got talking to the bloke who rode his bike to every palace game last season for charity. I commented on the fact that he was using the same bike, and he told me that this was the first game this season he'd used it, and said his wife resented his leaving her to catch the train.

I don't think for a moment he knew he was talking to the poster who said he hoped he wouldn't complete the challenge.
Why did you not want him to not complete the challenge?

Anyway years ago when me and my sister were about 11 and 12 my grandad worked on the gate at Wimbledon so after school he'd sneak us in and we would go between center court and the old no1 court watching all the famous players of the 80s. After a doubles match which john McEnroe and his partner won my sister (who's cheekier and nuttier than me I might add) jumped onto the court and went up to McEnroe's seat and asked him for his autograph. He told her rather loudly to "**** off ". I must add that was in the days before security guards post monica seles incident
Old 01-11-2017, 08:45 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ian Brown wanted to fight my Scouse mate at Fuji Rock a few years back. Doesn't like Scousers much.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Similar note to above....

Knocked off work early in Cardiff one afternoon and was watching a meaningless county cricket match between Glamorgan and Hampshire. Game was going nowhere really and Shane Warne was having a bat - he was swinging a bit and think he was well on his way to a 50 when he skied the ball in the air and was caught out. This is where the story gets funny.

Mate I'd gone with was a big fan of Warne and had his autobiography with him so legged it to the edge of the fence where the players trudge off and asked for his autograph. Clearly timing wasn't great because he got a serious of f-bombs in response and I can't be sure but think a c one too. Then all everyone in that stand can hear for the next few minutes is Warne shouting and bawling about the incident and various smashing and banging sounds.

We were early 20s at the time and everyone else in the stand were pensioners, most very formally dressed. Couple of them came over to apologise on behalf of the club and shortly afterwards a senior club official did the same and lots of muttering about him "not signing the poor kids book" like we were 10. I find it all very funny because I warned him not to do it when he'd just got out and to be honest I'd likely have reacted in the same way!
Old 01-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to the première of "Expendebles 2" in 2012, as someone I know, their Dad was the Executive Producer. After the film, I had a piss standing next to Usain Bolt in the cinema toilets. A little while later in the after party I was in the VIP area and I sat and had a chat/beer for about half an hour with Sylvester Stallone. Very nice guy. Also had a brief chat with Jason Statham.

Also met Gerard Butler at the after party of the "Olympus Has Fallen" première. When he introduced himself, my wife thought he was leaning in for a greeting kiss, so kissed him on the cheek. This took him by surprise, as he was actually leaning in as he couldn't hear her very well because of the loud music! Luckily he minimised my wife's embarrassment by saying "Oh!... well you all better give me a kiss then" to the rest of the ladies in our group.

Also at the Olympus Has Fallen after party I was at the bar when Aaron Eckhart also came to the bar to get a drink (or so I thought). He introduced himself and his wife, and asked me what I thought of the film. I told him it was good and that I enjoyed it. He asked me "Are you in the business?", so I said "No, I am here with a friend". He instantly sounded deflated/pissed off "Oh....right" then turned his back and walked down the other end of the bar! Prick.

Last edited by Scrumpy; 01-11-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:54 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
I spoke on the phone with Dani Behr at the height of her 'fame' when she was with Les Ferdinand (I think). It was a bit embarrassing that I kind of lost the plot and ended up mumbling 'Kevin and Perry' style, but her voice sounded amazing.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:55 AM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagaya_Eagle View Post
Ian Brown wanted to fight my Scouse mate at Fuji Rock a few years back. Doesn't like Scousers much.
I'd be surprised if he could handle a wet paper bag, much like Liam Gallagher.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
Why did you not want him to not complete the challenge?

Anyway years ago when me and my sister were about 11 and 12 my grandad worked on the gate at Wimbledon so after school he'd sneak us in and we would go between center court and the old no1 court watching all the famous players of the 80s. After a doubles match which john McEnroe and his partner won my sister (who's cheekier and nuttier than me I might add) jumped onto the court and went up to McEnroe's seat and asked him for his autograph. He told her rather loudly to "**** off ". I must add that was in the days before security guards post monica seles incident
Loved McEnroe. I was at Wimbledon in the late 80's and spotted the beautiful Anabel Croft stood signing a few autographs, so I went over to get one as well. When she got to me she paused and stared at me quizzically for a second and said, 'Hang on a sec...didn't you just get my autograph a minute ago?' Like I was some stalker. Think I went bright red and just proclaimed my innocence, 'no, no I haven't'. Like a proper virgin - which incidentally I was at the time. She just gave me a disbelieving look like 'yeah right you love me don't you', as she signed the piece of paper. I did love her but thought there was a whiff of 'I love myself' about the whole thing.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:51 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Right after the West Ham game on Saturday I got talking to the bloke who rode his bike to every palace game last season for charity. I commented on the fact that he was using the same bike, and he told me that this was the first game this season he'd used it, and said his wife resented his leaving her to catch the train.

I don't think for a moment he knew he was talking to the poster who said he hoped he wouldn't complete the challenge.
He's not famous.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Will I tell them to mark steel story bubbs?

Edit. I will anyway.
A couple of years ago at the Edinburgh festival fringe me and my wife went to see the young comedian Elliot Steele.
A few days later there was a big meet up arranged on the bbs in a pub in Edinburgh for palace v arsenal first game of the season. I'm there with bubbs, Elgin and exiled Stirling along with a few other palace and also some Arse scum. There's this young lad sitting wearing his palace top and I recognise him as Elliot. So I'm sitting talking to him and his dad saying how funny he was and the fact my wife loved him (not that way). I took a photo of him to send to my wife and the dad was looking a bit bemused. The next thing all these random people in the pub are coming up to the dad and taking photos and selfies with him. After a while I've said to him "are you famous or something". He sort of gave me a wilted look and muttered "Kind of". Exiled Stirling quickly butted in with "thats mark steele you dafty" to which my attitude was "who"?
I quickly took a photo of him too to send to my wife who it turned out followed him on facebook, twitter etc.
Exiled stirling loves telling the story of the time I was totally rude and disrespectful to one of our revered fans Mark Steele but to be fair we have been to a few of his gigs up here since and meet up with him afterwards for a few pints and always laugh about the incident.

Last edited by keltic eagle; 01-11-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:09 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I also saw Diane Abbott be rude to a waitress once.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:15 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
I was in a backstreet bar in Budapest, with Pistike (ex BBS), there was just the barman and one customer in there. The customer looked familiar so I turned to Steve and said "that looks like the **** from Bros", the customer (who I assumed was Hungarian), turned to me and said " I am that **** from Bros). It was one of the twins, the one that went into films.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Model for Ruddock & Molby

TWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back in the early 80's when I'd just started working I was stood on a Fenchurch Street Station platform waiting for the last train home, it was well below freezing and a gale was blowing sleet onto the platform - I turned towards the only other person stood nearby as the train pulled in and said "Thank Christ for that, couldn't stand here much longer"

And the gentleman, who was wrapped up to the nines with a scarf around his face and an old fashioned fedora on his head said in a very distinctive voice "Ooo, not bloody 'arf, it's sooo perishing that I thought me balls were about to freeze RIGHT off"

It was Kenneth Williams.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I once flew concorde with Cilla Black as my co-pilot.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Francis Rossi's wife told me that I was fast.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Surprise suprise
Old 01-11-2017, 10:39 AM

Fedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
She greeted me at the top of the stairs as I was boarding and said "Step inside love."
Old 01-11-2017, 10:52 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
The chance, unexpected meetings can be more interesting.

I remember a friend travelling by train with a camera bag years ago. Another passenger sat in his section of seating and asked if he was a photographer. It was just a hobby, but they had a good chat and journey back to London. It was Lord Snowdon.

One of my favourite stories about my mother involves a similar chance meeting. She was queuing to pay in her local deli and noticed a ‘nice looking young man’ in front of her. She says he smiled at her, and she took this as recognition on his part.

As he was in his 30s and about the same age as my brother, she guessed that he was a member of the football team that my brother ran at the time. After all, he did look familiar to her!

So, they had a nice chat, exchanging pleasantries about how nice the shop is, the weather etc...but thankfully she didn’t mention the football as she never knew how they were doing.
Her smiling away, being a friendly mother.

Later on whilst unpacking her shopping, the penny dropped.

It was Tim Henman, who at that time lived nearby.

No harm down ofcourse, but she was embarrassed that he might have considered her to be a rather over-familiar fan! Funnily enough, she was keen on him as a tennis player and never would have approached him in that situation had she recognised him first.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Francis Rossi's wife told me that I was fast.
More detail, please ...
Old 01-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Any "treats" ?
Old 01-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Robert Plant brought me a beer a few years back. Mrs TE was working with his than partner and we all stood around chatting and having a beer before the gig. Our conversations were constantly interrupted by people wanting to get photos with him.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller