Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
After the play off semi final against the weed, I took the programme to first Palace home game the following season to get Wilf to sign it.
He was happy to sign and so I asked him if he could write 2-0 on it by his signature.
Wilf understandably misunderstood and wrote 'To Neil'
When I explained I wanted 2-0 we had a good laugh. First time I'd heard him laugh out loud.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:17 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Heathrow airport in the days of travelling Europe with work. In this case Italy so Business Class , queue for security not to long but guy in front was complaining about girlfriend always being late and was still in taxi on her way. Laughing with him and a couple of his mates swapping stories of similar tales. Only when I got through the security desk they had moved on that the girl asked did I know who they were. I did not at the time but I tell you Coldplay have some great stories about late girlfriends and Chris Martins are the best.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:22 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
More detail, please ...
It was by way of congratulating me for, once again, romping to victory in the primary school dad's race.
She's a yank, a nice lady & appreciative of a speed merchant in what is always a combative and aggressive showpiece event.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Working at Chessington world of adventures back in the 90s I was operating the flying jumbos and Steve Harris from Iron Maiden was there with his kids. I murmured some old crap about being a fan and he gave me the sod off look and I went about my miserable day.

My brother and me met Steve Coppell in the Catherine wheel pub in Croydon just after his few week reign as Man City boss. He was pretty down, but we said hello and got him a beer. Didnt chat much, just sat at the bar.

I worked a late train from Seaweed town to Victoria, my guard came up to the front and said that Katie Price was on board looking a bit saucy. I stepped off the train at Vic straight into her path and she gave my arm a squeeze and thanked me for the journey. I spluttered out that it was a pleasure as I had a look at her fun bags.

Working an empty train into the sidings at Preston Park, I changed ends to find a bloke fast asleep in first class. I woke him up telling him Id have to walk him out and down the walking route back to the station. Turns out he was the bloke who was the manager of whatever team it was in sky tvs dream team show.

Back in the very early 90s I won a competition to hang out backstage at the Cumbria rock festival. I ended up following Marillion around for most of the afternoon, Steve Hogarth had just taken over from Fish as the singer. My mate and me ate and drank with them, we had all sorts of souvenirs signed and watched the marillion set from the side of the stage. I cant remeber how we got back to Croydon, just remeber that my Dad had forbidden me to go and Id snuck out of the house at 4am to meet my mate to catch the coach oop north.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:48 AM

Fedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
For many years there was a signed photograph of Rolf Harris on the dry cleaners counter in Sydenham High St.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
After the play off semi final against the weed, I took the programme to first Palace home game the following season to get Wilf to sign it.
He was happy to sign and so I asked him if he could write 2-0 on it by his signature.
When I explained I wanted 2-0 we had a good laugh. First time I'd heard him laugh out loud.
Made me laugh! Just repped but wasn't he playing for Man Utd then?
Old 01-11-2017, 12:08 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Fishing at Roger daltreys trout farm one morning, when two guys in Barbour jackets approached me .. the shorter one asked me if I was leaving soon .. I thought one of them looked tall and familiar, and while the penny was dropping he took his hat off and a hip flask out of his pocket ..and yahoo..there was Jack Charlton offering me a drink by way of a bribe to move..By the way, I did move because id caught naff all in that spot. Later in the pub next door he bought everyone a drink and was pretty amiable .. Which is more than can be said for Ian botham who I also saw there once, right up his own arse and a real misery guts.

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 01-11-2017, 12:15 PM

gjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegjohnk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All I have is a quick chat with Ron Noades outside Selhurst Park before a matchday for Palace v Wolves.
Stood there with my Dad, 10 year old me wearing my red and blue Palace shirt.
My Dad told Uncle Ron that we had come down from the West Midlands for the game. Ron's response was "oh are you both Wolves fans then?". My Dad said no, pointed to my Palace shirt and we wondered off.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Made me laugh! Just repped but wasn't he playing for Man Utd then?
It must have been the first time he played for us after that.
I still have the programme.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:49 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
This is an anecdote i heard on the radio once back in the 90's and it has always stuck with me because I've always wanted to know who it was. Tommy Boyd was the host on Talk Radio and was discussing the film 'Indecent Proposal' where a rich guy offers a million dollars to the poor couple to sleep with the guys wife. A woman called in to the show and said a few years back her husband, a window cleaner, was cleaning windows at a top hotel in London when a very famous female American actress took a shine to him. After a chat she offered him a ridiculous amount of money to sleep with her. He declined initially but said he would if his wife agreed. Well this woman was all for it and allowed him to do the deed. Didn't seem like any jealousy her side, she just thought the money on offer was far too good for them to turn down for a meaningless bit of rumpy pumpy.

Tommy Boyd actually went off air momentarily to find out the name of the celebrity but of course never said it on air. Has made me wonder ever since.
Sounds like a deleted scene from Confessions of a Window Cleaner.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:51 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whilst warming up before the Chelsea match i saw him chuckling to himself during his stretching routine. Probably was recalling this moment, i imagine.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back on 1969, a long long time ago, I went to see Al Stewart at Ware Folk Club. He was well into his set and was singing Love Chronicles. It's an 18 minute piece and half way through he stopped playing as there were 2 girls in the front row who had been chatting away to each other. Al let ripped with a few well chosen words. They shut up and he carried on singing.

At the weekend I went to the Pop Proms at the Royal Albert Hall to see the Incredible String Band, Family and Fairport Convention. Sitting in front of me was Al Stewart. During the break I spoke to him in the bar and said I saw him at the Folk Club. He was very apologetic about what he had said. Came across as a very decent guy.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's brilliant!
Old 01-11-2017, 01:04 PM

Fedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningFedora69 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
Back on 1969, a long long time ago, I went to see Al Stewart at Ware Folk Club. He was well into his set and was singing Love Chronicles. It's an 18 minute piece and half way through he stopped playing as there were 2 girls in the front row who had been chatting away to each other. Al let ripped with a few well chosen words. They shut up and he carried on singing.

At the weekend I went to the Pop Proms at the Royal Albert Hall to see the Incredible String Band, Family and Fairport Convention. Sitting in front of me was Al Stewart. During the break I spoke to him in the bar and said I saw him at the Folk Club. He was very apologetic about what he had said. Came across as a very decent guy.
I live in Ware and have never heard of the folk club. Long gone I imagine.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSKATE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I once snogged Jimmy Page's guitar roadie!

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
From a Palace perspective I once played cricket with Steve Kember and Mel Blythe.

Mel borrowed my pads but as I recall he was hopeless and got 0.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
The guitarist from Cornershop (Brimful of asha) works at my company.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
The guitarist from Cornershop (Brimful of asha) works at my company.
I work with someone who used to be in the Polyphonic Spree, but I guess most on here could probably say the same.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedora69 View Post
I live in Ware and have never heard of the folk club. Long gone I imagine.
Probably. I lived in Broxbourne and frequented the Hoddesdon Folk Club. Long gone as well.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:50 PM

eltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeltron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My Best Friend was Johnny Stud in Rocky Sharpe and the Replays and/or Razors.