Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-11-2017, 01:51 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
The Hertfordshire Folk Club scene was big in its day......I never saw him but Paul Simon played Hitchin as a solo artist in the 60's.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjohnk View Post
All I have is a quick chat with Ron Noades outside Selhurst Park before a matchday for Palace v Wolves.
Stood there with my Dad, 10 year old me wearing my red and blue Palace shirt.
My Dad told Uncle Ron that we had come down from the West Midlands for the game. Ron's response was "oh are you both Wolves fans then?". My Dad said no, pointed to my Palace shirt and we wondered off.
Don't know why but this made me chuckle !

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 01-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I went for dinner with Heather Mills many years ago
Old 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
From a Palace perspective I once played cricket with Steve Kember and Mel Blythe.

Mel borrowed my pads but as I recall he was hopeless and got 0.
Mel Blythe taught me to drive. I passed first time after only 3 months of lessons
Old 01-11-2017, 02:36 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Was she legless....then? And did you go home still in possession of your wallet?

On the subject; I worked with this woman once who told a story of being about 3 years old and taken to a park in London by her mum. Would've been the late 60's. She was on the swing as her mum watched from a nearby bench. She ended up losing her balance and fell off and was crying on the floor; but before her mum could get to her, a nearby man out walking his English Sheepdog saw what happened and picked her up, dusted her down and comforted her.

When she was older her mum reminded her of the incident and said to her shock that the kind passer by was in fact Paul McCartney.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
The Hertfordshire Folk Club scene was big in its day......I never saw him but Paul Simon played Hitchin as a solo artist in the 60's.
Lived in Camden. Played a few clubs in North London and Hertfordshire.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:50 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did you foot the bill?
Old 01-11-2017, 02:51 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Did you foot the bill?
I bet it was a right old knee up.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:40 PM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
When the bill came did she leg it?
Old 01-11-2017, 03:51 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did she make you stump up the cash?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:36 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz View Post
After the play off semi final against the weed, I took the programme to first Palace home game the following season to get Wilf to sign it.
He was happy to sign and so I asked him if he could write 2-0 on it by his signature.
Wilf understandably misunderstood and wrote 'To Neil'
When I explained I wanted 2-0 we had a good laugh. First time I'd heard him laugh out loud.
Excellent...I think that’s better than writing 2-0, as it must make you chuckle whenever you remember that.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:32 AM

jimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is herejimmy the gent Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did you foot the bill?
I'll bet she was hopping mad if he didn't
Old 02-11-2017, 12:39 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Following a chance meeting with an ex Hollywood star, things got a bit carried away after some drinks, and he proceeded to nosh me off, pausing briefly to look up at me and say "yes, you're being noshed off by ***** ******"
Old 02-11-2017, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Following a chance meeting with an ex Hollywood star, things got a bit carried away after some drinks, and he proceeded to nosh me off, pausing briefly to look up at me and say "yes, you're being noshed off by ***** ******"
It's a story that sounds like what Casablanca would be if made today.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:16 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
I was travelling back home to Grantham on the train from a meeting in Manchester around 15 years ago. Late afternoon, just before the rush hour therefore the train was fairly sparsely populated.

Presently the door between my carriage and the adjoining one open and in pops Ian Brown, formerly (at the time) of the Stone Roses. He was in full 'king monkey' rock star mode, amusingly laity with what appeared to be a lackey in tow. Swaggers into the carriage swigging from a massive bottle of Malibu, pronouncing to no-one in particular 'I'm the main man I am, I'm the fookin' main man'. The few other hardy souls in my carriage ignored him but being a Stone Roses fan I gave him a respectful nod of the head and a smile. He responded positively to this and treated me to a bit of one on one lairiness - 'nice suit for a square, man' and other such nonsense, with his lackey rolling his eyes patiently in the background.

Turned out said lackey way actually his tour manager and they were en route to a gig in Nottingham. After a couple of minutes idle (in Ian's case very well oiled) chatter, they proceeded down to the next carriage for a repeat performance.

I was amused to read an interview with Ian Brown in Q magazine a couple of months later, in which he claimed to have been teetotal for years.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:25 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I was travelling back home to Grantham on the train from a meeting in Manchester around 15 years ago. Late afternoon, just before the rush hour therefore the train was fairly sparsely populated.

Presently the door between my carriage and the adjoining one open and in pops Ian Brown, formerly (at the time) of the Stone Roses. He was in full 'king monkey' rock star mode, amusingly laity with what appeared to be a lackey in tow. Swaggers into the carriage swigging from a massive bottle of Malibu, pronouncing to no-one in particular 'I'm the main man I am, I'm the fookin' main man'. The few other hardy souls in my carriage ignored him but being a Stone Roses fan I gave him a respectful nod of the head and a smile. He responded positively to this and treated me to a bit of one on one lairiness - 'nice suit for a square, man' and other such nonsense, with his lackey rolling his eyes patiently in the background.

Turned out said lackey way actually his tour manager and they were en route to a gig in Nottingham. After a couple of minutes idle (in Ian's case very well oiled) chatter, they proceeded down to the next carriage for a repeat performance.

I was amused to read an interview with Ian Brown in Q magazine a couple of months later, in which he claimed to have been teetotal for years.
lol brilliant
Old 02-11-2017, 05:31 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Fishing at Roger daltreys trout farm one morning, when two guys in Barbour jackets approached me .. the shorter one asked me if I was leaving soon .. I thought one of them looked tall and familiar, and while the penny was dropping he took his hat off and a hip flask out of his pocket ..and yahoo..there was Jack Charlton offering me a drink by way of a bribe to move..By the way, I did move because id caught naff all in that spot. Later in the pub next door he bought everyone a drink and was pretty amiable .. Which is more than can be said for Ian botham who I also saw there once, right up his own arse and a real misery guts.

Yes Jack Charlton...I used to be involved in one of these business network things, load of old bollocks really but we used to arrange the occasional dinner with a guest speaker. Members of the organising committee would share the workload of ensuring whichever guest speaker had been booked was well looked after, had their transportation to the venue sorted etc.

In Jack Charlton's case, he refused all offers of assistance with his journey, booked his own train tickets to Peterborough and his own taxi to the venue. When he rolled up he had a little carrier bag full of various nik-naks, and told us he'd arrived early and so passed a pleasant couple of hours in Peterborough shopping centre (which is pretty woeful).

Jack was a big drinker, downed them all evening then stood up after the meal to deliver a highly entertaining and amusing 30 minute speech off the cuff without notes. Afterwards he continued regaling everyone at the bar with his stories and bought more than his fair share of rounds. He was the last man standing and we had to persuade him to leave...a really successful evening.

Sir Garry Sobers by contrast was a right miserable ****. Insisted on being picked up from the train station and chauffeured to the nearest bookies, whereupon he proceeded to spend a dull hour placing meagre bets and not engaging in any conversation. At the meal he gave a desultory speech for 15 minutes without any real wit or humour, then as soon as he'd finished he demanded transportation back to the station so he could get the hell out of there asap. Maybe we just caught him on a really bad day.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:40 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I once flew concorde with Cilla Black as my co-pilot.
Bowie as second officer?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Malibu? FFS.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:45 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
The few other hardy souls in my carriage ignored him but being a Stone Roses fan I gave him a respectful nod of the head and a smile. He responded positively to this and treated me to a bit of one on one lairiness - 'nice suit for a square, man' and other such nonsense, with his lackey rolling his eyes patiently in the background.
I was hoping to read you'd slapped the twat.