Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-11-2017, 03:45 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
I was travelling back home to Grantham on the train from a meeting in Manchester around 15 years ago. Late afternoon, just before the rush hour therefore the train was fairly sparsely populated.

Presently the door between my carriage and the adjoining one open and in pops Ian Brown, formerly (at the time) of the Stone Roses. He was in full 'king monkey' rock star mode, amusingly laity with what appeared to be a lackey in tow. Swaggers into the carriage swigging from a massive bottle of Malibu, pronouncing to no-one in particular 'I'm the main man I am, I'm the fookin' main man'. The few other hardy souls in my carriage ignored him but being a Stone Roses fan I gave him a respectful nod of the head and a smile. He responded positively to this and treated me to a bit of one on one lairiness - 'nice suit for a square, man' and other such nonsense, with his lackey rolling his eyes patiently in the background.

Turned out said lackey way actually his tour manager and they were en route to a gig in Nottingham. After a couple of minutes idle (in Ian's case very well oiled) chatter, they proceeded down to the next carriage for a repeat performance.

I was amused to read an interview with Ian Brown in Q magazine a couple of months later, in which he claimed to have been teetotal for years.

Should have shown him your ticket
Old 02-11-2017, 05:50 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Following a chance meeting with an ex Hollywood star, things got a bit carried away after some drinks, and he proceeded to nosh me off, pausing briefly to look up at me and say "yes, you're being noshed off by ***** ******"
You are one sick puppy.

Friends with AWFOW ... ?!!
Old 02-11-2017, 06:41 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
They're not circles I move in but "noshed off" strikes me as being a distinctly unHollywood turn of phrase.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:08 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Spent a few hours at a pool bar in Kuredu grafting with the ginger one from girls aloud, only to get shut down by the returning girlfriend. Had no idea who she was at the time, just thought she looked like agreeable filth. Apparently she was in one of the water villas just across from us. My mrs at the time was still distinctly unimpressed.

Also managed to knock that retard Russell Brand over when he walked into me in Spitalfields market. I was about to apologise till i realised who i'd hit.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Anecdote I read on FB

@ed_solomon
WHY I WILL LOVE @HamillHimself FOREVER (THREAD OF 4):

When a friend's son (who was, so tragically, dying from an incurable illness) made a wish: to meet Luke Skywalker, it fell on me -- the only person the dad knew who worked in the film business -- to make a call.

Not knowing Mark, I called his agent and explained that this lovely boy watched Star Wars every day and wanted to meet NOT Mark Hammill, but, rather, the actual CHARACTER that he played (the boy's own mental state had devolved past the point of being able to grasp that... ..Luke was fictional). The agent begrudgingly said he'd call Mark, but also said not to get my hopes up.

90 seconds later I got a call from @HamillHimself, who immediately said yes and gave me his home address. He not only met with the boy, but spent hours answering question after question (sometimes the same ones repeatedly), AS "Luke." Even posting this now makes me teary. He was compassionate, kind, and patient. And it literally meant the world to this kid and his family.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Got bumped to Upper Class on a Virgin Atlantic flight in the 90s and sat next to Ice T - but didn't talk.

Also met Geoffrey from Rainbow - brief small talk, but a non-event really.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:01 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Bowie as second officer?
Savile.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Nelson Muntz;13922761]After the play off semi final against the weed, I took the programme to first Palace home game the following season to get Wilf to sign it.
He was happy to sign and so I asked him if he could write 2-0 on it by his signature.
Wilf understandably misunderstood and wrote 'To Neil'
When I explained I wanted 2-0 we had a good laugh. First time I'd heard him laugh.

Last edited by Nigel_Scarfer; 05-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:18 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Had a bit of banter with a cruising David Pleat who we saw in Prague enjoying the nightlife.

We were hopping on and off the kerb as we catcalled. He and his two bouncers took it in good spirits.

The titty bar we wandered off to 5 minutes later, in the same direction as Pleaty went, was closed for a private function when we got there. Pleaty nowhere to be seen.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
I was told to feck off and die by a much loved BBC comedian today.

He was smiling I think.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 05-12-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:37 PM

eaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglejez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Malarkey England mascot with David Beckham
Chewbacca England mascot with David Beckham and Calamity James
In fact we have footage on Sky of him asking David Beckham if he would join Palace
Old 05-12-2017, 10:39 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I was told to feck off and die by a much loved BBC comedian today.

He was smiling I think.
Come on. Spill the beans.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 PM

Years back we got some green room tickets for one of those half hour comedy football shows quizzes. What was the famous one, Phil Jupiter, chap from Stoke compering? Spent about 20 mins having a drink and a chat with Gary Speed.

DE Glad All Over was with me.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:43 PM

Chatted briefly with the Queen when she came to re-open the Royal Exchange after a refurb.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:44 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
My rock band bass playing aussie cuz shagged that Tawny Kittaen chick (Hollywood 80's babe in Whitesnake video doing sexy stuff on a sports car) and had a fvck-the-most in an evening competition at a party with Tommy Lee. Tommy won. He lined up five bent over groupie California girls and thrust once into each along the line before starting back at the beginning over and over.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Years back we got some green room tickets for one of those half hour comedy football shows quizzes. What was the famous one, Phil Jupiter, chap from Stoke compering? Spent about 20 mins having a drink and a chat with Gary Speed.

Do you mean Phil Jupitas?

AFAIK he’s West Ham, but did a great set on the benefit night that Maidstoned organised.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:22 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Some first hand stories involving Neil Ruddock and Gordon Ramsey that are libellous to repeat. Bad boys. Nuff said.

Just after we signed them, Geoff Thomas and Neil Reddearn came into the shop I was working in in 1987 on Thornton Heath night st and brought a can of Ting each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 05-12-2017, 11:27 PM

Mallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Nick Hancock is from Stoke? Could have been him.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

Sounds like ‘They think it’s all over’.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:00 AM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a child my school visited a local farm and there was a film crew doing a piece with Jack Hargreaves, probably out of town. Jack spent a lot of time talking to us kids and I mentioned fishing and he spent what must have been 2 hours talking to us about angling and river wildlife. I remember some officious guy going on about loosing the light but the great man just shrugged him off saying he was talking to the kids. If I remember right the guy probably the director told the crew to pack up. Jack was more concerned with the kids than the film crew.